Nicola Bulley Missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would take what the sister says with a huge pinch of salt as she is acting out of grief.

Remember Corrie McTeague’s family were adamant for years that something untoward had happened to him, despite the fact that all the evidence indicated he had been crushed in that bin and taken away.
I'm abit tired now but the police should of investigated the staff and management from that nightclub a wholeeeeeee lot more.

Reactions: 3
The woman probably recognised the dog as belonging to a school mum so rang her DIL as she couldn’t remember the dog owners name. Sounds like the woman who found the dog has grandchildren at the school so she might just do school runs once a week or so

Reactions: 16
But do your relatives know the other dog owners and their phones nos?
You've obviously never lived somewhere where everyone kind of knows each other. I'll meet someone in the pub and discover we have 25 mutual friends on Facebook.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I really don't think the woman calling her DIL and asking who's dog it is is strange???

What do you mean phone numbers? It was her daughter in law she rang?
The original poster said she recognises people in her local dog park I asked did HER relatives also know the people amd their phone nos!!!
I totally understand the woman rang her DIL and would know her no.

Reactions: 2
I’ve laughed nervously when my mum passed away and I held her. I smiled when the doctor came in just because I wanted to be polite. It’s the weirdest thing. You are in total shock, you’ve never experience anything like this and yet you don’t respond all Hollywood which seems to be what some on here expect. I have no idea why I didn’t what I did but there’s no right or wrong. Your mind doesn’t proces it all. But again it seems some people are only satisfied if the husband had re-enacted a dramatic scene from Eastenders.
I made sure I put some humour in my dad's speech at his funeral. Some people may have thought that was inappropriate. 🤷‍♀️

I’ll tell you something….. I hope none of my family go missing and I have to go on tv. No doubt some of you lot would be saying 'she looks dodgy, I bet she did it' and I’d be behind my screen crying 'No, it's me tattlers!! I don’t want to out myself, but it’s me on the telly, your friend!!' 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
i dont think its strange that the girls were taken out of school, they probably wernt told the particulars of what was going on.
but they were the last to interact properly with nicola, they would have been questioned about how mummy was that morning, did anything different happen, did she talk to anyone in the playground...etc

I can vouch 1000% for this. The morning I got the call my dad had died suddenly in A&E I moaned I was starving. It’s the shock and the detachment that does it, I can’t describe the feeling but it’s so odd. You almost start acting so normal so your mind convinces you that you’re not you and aren’t affected by it
Dissociation. It’s a valid coping mechanism for trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I sadly think she has gone into the river, in what has been a very, very tragic accident. I've just read this comment on Reddit tonight after the press conference and it totally makes sense to me anyway what police are saying. So very tragic. I cannot bare to think what her family and friends are going though. Stay very safe out there folks ❤
Screenshot_20230203-225711.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
I'm abit tired now but the police should of investigated the staff and management from that nightclub a wholeeeeeee lot more.
They didn't because there was CCTV on every entry to and exit from the alley where he was last seen.

Not every accidental death is a grand cover-up for a grizzly murder.

• Haha
The original poster said she recognises people in her local dog park I asked did HER relatives also know the people amd their phone nos!!!
I totally understand the woman rang her DIL and would know her no.
They all live in the same small village. It’s not a reach that her DIL knew Nicola and her partner (prob nearer in age than her MIL) or had their phone numbers or were friends on Facebook.

Reactions: 6
haha you didn’t answer the original question!
Sorry I thought my answer was self explanatory. Yes if I described someone and their dog to my brother there's a fair chance he might know who they were. Might be friendly with one of their family members or their partner. Obviously not every single person but it's a fairly small community, and it's not so unusual that I see anything weird about the woman's DIL being able to recognise who Nicola is or be able to get in touch with her partner. I understand not all towns and cities are like this but plenty of places are.

Reactions: 12
They all live in the same small village. It’s not a reach that her DIL knew Nicola and her partner (prob nearer in age than her MIL) or had their phone numbers or were friends on Facebook.
This could even be where the school bit came in. The DIL maybe called school to ask them to make contact with x child’s parents to say their dog is loose. That’s entirely plausible.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if she voluntarily stepped into the river with her wellies on thinking it was a shallow patch while trying to retrieve the tennis ball, and went under? This helps me understand why was so close to the water because that's the bit I'm struggling with. As someone said above there was no need to get that close unless for example she was retrieving the ball, and being so comfortable with the area and having done the walk hundreds of times wasn't as alert as she should've been (she was also distracted with work)
I would doubt it. She lives there and knows the river. You’re suggesting that because you don’t know the river. There’s plenty of waterways near me but none I would think shallow enough to retrieve a ball that way.

It’s only a ball too…. she’s an intelligent woman near a river on a cold day. I would say she tripped or had a medical episode.

The other sad thing is, the police say the window of opportunity is 10 minutes but I bet her going down that bank and disappearing was literally seconds. Poor girl.

Reactions: 6
I’d say that there is a lot more information that has not been released to the public, that revealed that this was out of character for Nicola
I honestly think there is no more information to release. This case has had an awful lot of manpower thrown at it with no real answers. The police have been methodical imo and followed the electronic information available to them that actually shows Nicola did not leave that area and thus she's gone into the water.

Reactions: 9
Plus at the start it said someone found Willow and called the school who called N’s partner to say the dog had been found.

Now the woman who found the dog called her daughter in law, who knew it was N’s dog so called the partner.

That’s two very different versions 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think it's the same thing. The woman who found the dog called her relative who worked at the school. They then alerted the partner

My papa drowned on a summers day in full view of other people in water he was standing in fly fishing. He lost his footing and his waders filled up and pulled him down, he was a strapping man in his early 60s, not a 5ft 3 woman. A man tried to help him but couldn’t. I’ve read this thread all day and seen people post detailed outlines of what happens when you drown but feel there are still people incredulous that’s what happened here and that if she fell in, she should have been able to get herself out. As previous posters have said, she had on jeans, a coat, a gilet and wellies. This isn’t like what you see in a TV show with lots of flailing and coming up to the surface, you are literally weighed down by clothing.
I wasn’t going to post this as it’s personal but I honestly think drowning is the most reasonable explanation in this case

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.