Nicola Bulley Missing #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was a particularly horrible one. And I don’t care if someone feels “bullied” by me saying that.
Idk who said it and I don’t care, but it was such a ridiculous comment. He wasn’t even smiling, he looked utterly distressed and broken throughout the entire video. What does everyone expect him to do, roll around howling and clawing at the floor to ‘prove’ he’s sad?
It’s like some people have just never learned to read facial expressions and understand human emotions or something.

Reactions: 30
people who feel her partner isn’t “upset enough” - maybe their relationship wasn’t brilliant, they could have been discussing separation, staying together out of duty, anything like that. When I separated from my ex h we didn’t “go public” straight away and if something had happened to him I’d probably have come across a bit weird.

I thought he looked like someone going through the weirdest experience of his life, and I don’t think we can draw any conclusions about what their relationship may or may not be like btw. A couple of my friends have partners who I think would come across in a very similar way even though they would be heartbroken.

Reactions: 9
Thanks to thread 2 I now have more people added to my ignore list :LOL:

In all seriousness I hope it's not too far away at all until Nicola is found and her family have at least have some answers.
That was like me when the Lucy Letby threads started 😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You would be surprised when
Thank you it was very scary and I know people say how did knowone see her I'm just saying about my experience everyone is different but I was down a very busy river path around a decade ago people sat along the edge. Knowone tried to help I don't know if they even saw me I couldn't look to see and I didn't scream for help as I was in so much shock from what was actually happening. Poor lady I just hope the family know soon what has happened and have her back ❤
What a terrifying experience. Depending on how wide the river is of course, it is actually very difficult to see someone’s head bobbing along in a river. I used to go wild swimming and my partner who was very experienced always insisted we had large orange buoys attached to us so that we could be seen. When I took up rowing I quickly realised how invisible swimmers are in a large expanse of grey water unless you are very close by or carefully scanning for them.

Reactions: 17
I’m not trying to rattle anyone’s cage here but I am confused. Is it worth clarifying exactly what this thread is for? I am genuinely interested in the case but can’t work out why some comments are valid and other people are getting jumped on. All anyone has are theories at the moment so if they are deemed unacceptable and people are being mocked for them then what’s the point?

• Heart
Reactions: 50
But it’s also entirely appropriate to pull up posters who treat this forum as a petridish to grow weird theories, especially about the family.
Best comment of all threads for me. In the previous thread some posters were “just asking questions”. It added nothing. If people want to explore theories that’s of course fine, who are we to police that. But it doesn’t absolve you from being challenged on here. Also, some posters seem to think the police sit around, in silence, clock ticking.. and one of them goes “hey I know something…. Let’s check Tattle to see if they have any leads”…
We don’t know the answers to the random questions so why bother throwing that around?

Reactions: 11
I bet her family are going through absolute hell so the last thing her BF needs is everyone pointing the finger at him just to put the blame on someone. Leave the bloke alone!

Reactions: 16
I know a poor lady who very recently went into a river to help her dog. She got into difficulties people could see her from the bridge and ran to help but she ended up being swept away in the current. Only our local river rescue was out in the river 11 miles down stream I don’t think she’d be found for a while. She reached them in less than five mins apparently. It just was a coincidence they were training and even catching her so quickly did not save her. In fact she may have died pretty soon after being swept away. Im not totally aware of all the minute details. As others say the water is so cold. And rivers can run very fast.
The not knowing is very difficult. I hope they get an outcome soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
¹1
I’m not trying to rattle anyone’s cage here but I am confused. Is it worth clarifying exactly what this thread is for? I am genuinely interested in the case but can’t work out why some comments are valid and other people are getting jumped on. All anyone has are theories at the moment so if they are deemed unacceptable and people are being mocked for them then what’s the point?
People are fine to discuss- it's tattle. Others are also fine to say that some theories are bollox because you can't determine that someone is "off" after seeing a 2 minute interview with someone you don't know who's going through a traumatic experience, that going mute on a Teams call is totally normal, that her husband's wearabouts have been verified and that the dog isn't Lassie.

• Haha
Just to preface, everyone can post what they like and this is not meant to be argumentative.

If you claim web sleuths solve sooo many cases and then link a click bait article that you haven’t even read about cases which bare no resemblance to this one (plus a lot of them were literally just people on the internet who noticed or helped with something due to existing evidence), people are obviously going to question it.

I think the issue with a lot of the alternative ‘theories’ posted here is that they are literally based on nothing - the partner did it, he hired a hitman, she was abducted by gypsies - and no further explanation is given. People disagreeing with or questioning you is not an attempt to shut you down.

Reactions: 19
It’s hard to even explain it after three threads but people aren’t being jumped on for having alternative scenarios. People were challenged on statements presented as facts. Also most people find it inappropriate to say the husband “feels wrong” or the sister “gives off cold vibes” (I’m paraphrasing) or that people claim they’re body language experts and have proof the husband is lying and all that type of stuff. Now it comes across as anyone who might leave the possibility open that something else has happened gets mocked and that’s not the case. When someone says for instance that they think she was killed people will ask: but how, given the timeline and the absence of any forensics to say so? If people say: I think she’s abducted, same thing. How if there’s CCTV everywhere? That’s not mocking, that’s discussing this case with what we do know but also asking people to clarify their alternative scenarios. Sadly few of them do.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Best comment of all threads for me. In the previous thread some posters were “just asking questions”. It added nothing. If people want to explore theories that’s of course fine, who are we to police that. But it doesn’t absolve you from being challenged on here. Also, some posters seem to think the police sit around, in silence, clock ticking.. and one of them goes “hey I know something…. Let’s check Tattle to see if they have any leads”…
We don’t know the answers to the random questions so why bother throwing that around?
As you said earlier (I think it was you?) the police really are in a difficult situation in terms of solving this case in a way that entirely satisfies the family and the public.

I assume that their work is now painstakingly piecing together, second by second, based on eye witness and camera evidence, where she wasn’t so that there is no part of the timeline that is not accounted for. If she is not anywhere else for the 20 minutes, what is the only logical conclusion?

How you compassionately get a traumatised family to accept that, especially with all the i-sleuths out in force, I have no idea.

But I do think it’s on all of us to NOT fuel the wild speculation, because even in a very small way it has a genuine impact on the suffering of a family and community.

Reactions: 11
It’s hard to even explain it after three threads but people aren’t being jumped on for having alternative scenarios. People were challenged on statements presented as facts. Also most people find it inappropriate to say the husband “feels wrong” or the sister “gives off cold vibes” (I’m paraphrasing) or that people claim they’re body language experts and have proof the husband is lying and all that type of stuff. Now it comes across as anyone who might leave the possibility open that something else has happened gets mocked and that’s not the case. When someone says for instance that they think she was killed people will ask: but how, given the timeline and the absence of any forensics to say so? If people say: I think she’s abducted, same thing. How if there’s CCTV everywhere? That’s not mocking, that’s discussing this case with what we do know but also asking people to clarify their alternative scenarios. Sadly few of them do.
I think what I’m getting at is nobody here has the answers and people learn by asking questions and hearing different viewpoints but maybe some people are coming across a bit more aggressive in how they do that. The people saying ‘this could happen’ are as much a ‘web sleuth’ as someone saying ‘this couldn’t happen’. It gives the thread a weird vibe.
If the feeling is that it was a tragic accident then so be it but there must be a reason why this has a thread and the hundreds of other missing people in the UK don’t and i’ll wager it was started because someone believed there was more to it.

• Heart
It is worth noting for the view of 'websleuths know best' that it was websleuths on Reddit who wrongly identified two men as the Boston Marathon Bombers. Now the internet is so prevalent some of the intense scrutiny is more like the tabloid attention heaped on Christopher Jeffries when he was innocent (but looked weird so apparently fair game), but with even less comeback.

Also regarding sonar man, he is being disengenous claiming he'd find her in minutes no problem with his equipment because someone drowned in a resevoir near me a few years back and the same equipment failed to find them until the water level dropped in the summer heat wave.

Reactions: 15
In most cases when people have fallen or slipped into a river there is evidence like disturbed moss, plant life etc on the banks where their feet slipped/skidded and/or where they tried to grab at the bank to save themselves. That is why the police is saying there is no forensic evidence that she went in the river. They have not found any physical evidence like this.

All rivers are different. My understanding is that this river does not have a strong current at the point where she was last seen. Certainly not strong enough to sweep something heavy away for miles.

Does anyone know if there have been police divers searching the river? Presumably they have and will therefore find something soon.

I just think about those young children missing their mum. It is incredibly sad.

Reactions: 14
A few years back I saw an Interview with a state Pathologist and she said programmes like CSI etc have given the public a very false and simplistic version of solving crimes and in reality it is a lot slower and requires a lot more painstaking work

Reactions: 26
I think it’s probably most likely she’s fallen into the river but her work Facebook is open and posts a lot of her regular route could have had a stalker

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.