Nicola Bulley Missing #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PS- The link wasn't a comparison. You asked a question and I shared one link of many. Some are more similar.
Like which? I’m genuinely interested! Because the only case I can think of is the Luka Magnotta case. I think that link hasn’t really helped your point when the first case it talks about is a missing laptop rather than what most consider to be “true crime”.

When I was around 17 me and my Friend decided to swim in a river She said to me once in to swim fast so your not caught by the current I didn't really think anything of it. It was a sunny day and it didn't look fast the river. Anyhow I got in and I swam ditectly into this current i didnt have the strength to swim out of it. I could not believe how fast it was and very quickly had an oh tit moment. I was terrified It was just pulling me down the river and I couldn't stop myself at all. Luckily futher up it widens and boats were docked I went under about three before I managed to grab the rope on one and pull myself in. It's just to say how quick things happen in water and if your as naive as me I was shocked the strength this river had.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Alternative theories are very welcome if they align with the known timeframe. Less so if you’re a psychic Linda with a ‘gut feeling’.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
One thing that has caught my attention…(fyi I do think she has accidentally fallen in the river)… we’ve seen cctv of potential witnesses and they know the route she walked to get there. I wonder why they haven’t realised any cctv image of Nicola &Willow? It was a busy road she had to walk from the school, there must be footage of them.

Reactions: 24
Like which? I’m genuinely interested! Because the only case I can think of is the Luka Magnotta case. I think that link hasn’t really helped your point when the first case it talks about is a missing laptop rather than what most consider to be “true crime”.
I'll have a look if I must but my point was really that internet sleuths often have more time and can look into small detail that could go unnoticed. So to disregard a person's theory because you're wishing for a certain outcome is not helpful. All information and opinion should be shared on a platform like this. You never know, it could be a missing piece to a puzzle. I just think all avenues are possible until we're told they're 100% not.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So according to the DM the police say there is no evidence she fell in the river.
That’s not news though as they said as much. They said having excluded other possibilities they believed this was the most likely scenario. But the DM needs clickbait headlines like the woman who took Prince Harry’s virginity isn’t enough of course.

Reactions: 22
When I was around 17 me and my Friend decided to swim in a river She said to me once in to swim fast so your not caught by the current I didn't really think anything of it. It was a sunny day and it didn't look fast the river. Anyhow I got in and I swam ditectly into this current i didnt have the strength to swim out of it. I could not believe how fast it was and very quickly had an oh tit moment. I was terrified It was just pulling me down the river and I couldn't stop myself at all. Luckily futher up it widens and boats were docked I went under about three before I managed to grab the rope on one and pull myself in. It's just to say how quick things happen in water and if your as naive as me I was shocked the strength this river had.
Yep. I commented similar before but I live near a river and every year the police tell people rivers are dangerous, mostly in summer (when obviously a lot of people think it’s hot so the water looks appealing) to not go near the river as it can look shallow but other bits are deep with under currents and you can quickly pulled under and dragged. This time of year it’d be much higher levels and absolutely freezing cold.

Reactions: 14
You're not going to have evidence she fell into the river. It's just by far the most likely scenario based on the balance of probabilities. I'm not sure what evidence, short of a body, people are expecting.

Reactions: 25
I'll have a look if I must but my point was really that internet sleuths often have more time and can look into small detail that could go unnoticed. So to disregard a person's theory because you're wishing for a certain outcome is not helpful. All information and opinion should be shared on a platform like this. You never know, it could be a missing piece to a puzzle. I just think all avenues are possible until we're told they're 100% not.
But this is day 9 and there’s not enough information public for people to investigate having no access to the ongoing investigation. So what you get now is stuff like: check her phone! Check her Fitbit! Ask the dog! Yeah thanks but I’m pretty sure the police has done all that (apart from asking the dog).

Reactions: 17
Wow that sounds incredibly scary, especially going under three boats! I’m so glad you managed to grab a rope. Just shows how quickly things can go wrong 😔

Reactions: 13
Just wanted to say thank you for the recap. I have been trying to keep up with this thread but everyone moves so fast, so the recap was very much welcome. No theories here, just trying to follow along which is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Feel for the family and all involved. Very sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You may have more time but you don’t have any evidence because the police isn’t exactly granting everyone access to the spreadsheet listing every single leave they have taken and not taken. This is U.K.

Reactions: 7
“He was SMILING when he was giving the interview….. DUPERS DELIGHT🧐!”
That was a particularly horrible one. And I don’t care if someone feels “bullied” by me saying that.

No they're probably not but it's human nature to speculate or want to help in some way. Everyone will have their own theory or opinion for many different reasons. And I'm assuming that's why this thread is here? Or are we just all thinking one thing. The best outcome maybe. We all hope it's a tragic accident but other cases have told us that all is not always as it seems. Can't actually rule anything out at the moment. So all we can do is stay positive. Doesn't stop people thinking outside the box though. And as it's still an option, it should still be spoken about.
PS- The link wasn't a comparison. You asked a question and I shared one link of many. Some are more similar.
Actually I think when the police have specifically asked the public NOT to make comments about Nicola’s loved ones, and have specifically mentioned how completely unacceptable these comments are, it is not ok to just blurt out whatever you want about them. It fuels public speculation which compounds the trauma that the family is already going through.

Of course nobody can stop posters saying whatever they want. But it’s also entirely appropriate to pull up posters who treat this forum as a petridish to grow weird theories, especially about the family.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The Web sleuths didn't really solve the Luka Mangotta case tbh. They take credit for too much. He was mentally ill, posted the video online and mailed his victims hands and feet to a local school. He wasn't hard to track down.

What the websleuths DID do was push a vulnerable man to suicide.

Reactions: 20
The Web sleuths didn't really solve the Luka Mangotta case tbh. They take credit for too much. He was mentally ill, posted the video online and mailed his victims hands and feet to a local school. He wasn't hard to track down.

What the websleuths DID do was push a vulnerable man to suicide.
People don’t understand how dangerous their ‘sleuthing’ can be, esp to vulnerable people, people who lost lives-ones, etc.

Reactions: 21
I think you just need to remember innocent until proven guilty and so far they actually have proven him innocent with the CCTV and have explicitly asked the hate to stop. The police don’t usually bother themselves with that so surely they are fairly certain he’s blameless. His partner is missing and very likely dead, his life is ruined enough.

Reactions: 24
People don’t understand how dangerous their ‘sleuthing’ can be, esp to vulnerable people, people who lost lives-ones, etc.
Yep. Absolutely wild that people think they can accuse random people of murder from the comfort of their own sofa under the guise of “websleuthing”.

Reactions: 25
So according to the DM the police say there is no evidence she fell in the river.
Well yes, we already know that and have done for 10 days now. Well done DM! There is indeed no eye witness or forensic evidence to confirm the working hypothesis that she fell in the river.

In the absence of that, the available evidence (witness sightings, CCTV, dashboard cams) is all pointing to the fact that Nicola did not leave the river bank and that nobody joined her there.

Hence the working hypothesis that during that 20 minutes if she wasn’t seen anywhere else, and never left the river bank, and wasn’t joined by anyone else, she must have fallen into the river.

Reactions: 18
I know it isn't the same but I walk a really similar route in my own town every day. No matter the time of day, I see at least 10 other people. I know the police have spoken to a couple of witnesses but I just can't get believe how unlucky this poor lady was. If I got into trouble in the river I'm almost certain someone would hear/see me in distress almost immediately. Either it happened so quickly or it really is a quiet route.

At this stage I really doubt this was anything more than a tragic accident. That poor lady. Water is absolutely terrifying.
You would be surprised when
Wow that sounds incredibly scary, especially going under three boats! I’m so glad you managed to grab a rope. Just shows how quickly things can go wrong 😔
Thank you it was very scary and I know people say how did knowone see her I'm just saying about my experience everyone is different but I was down a very busy river path around a decade ago people sat along the edge. Knowone tried to help I don't know if they even saw me I couldn't look to see and I didn't scream for help as I was in so much shock from what was actually happening. Poor lady I just hope the family know soon what has happened and have her back ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.