Nicola Bulley Missing #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it isn't the same but I walk a really similar route in my own town every day. No matter the time of day, I see at least 10 other people. I know the police have spoken to a couple of witnesses but I just can't get believe how unlucky this poor lady was. If I got into trouble in the river I'm almost certain someone would hear/see me in distress almost immediately. Either it happened so quickly or it really is a quiet route.

At this stage I really doubt this was anything more than a tragic accident. That poor lady. Water is absolutely terrifying.

Reactions: 18
I don't know why people get so defensive and aggressive when someone posts their theories. Yes it would be a better scenario maybe if it was a simple accident but you just can't rule out that it was set up and foul play was involved. Many a cold case has been solved by Internet sleuths. They often have more time to delve deeply and find little things the police may miss. Every theory is a possibility until she's found.
I personally believe she fell in the river but like you say why does everyone seem so aggressive about people not thinking it , there's no point having the thread otherwise because it'll just be a repeat of people saying "yes she fell in the river" until she is found

Reactions: 37
I'm feeling very sad for Nicola's loved ones.

Years ago, I lost a friend who was fly fishing solo in a fast-moving river, lost his footing and bumped his head, and drowned. After examining all the evidence, the coroner reached the conclusion that it was a freak accident. This chap was a great swimmer and very fit; when he fell, his head hit a rock and it was determined that would have knocked him unconscious. He was dragged down the river some distance before he was found.

I feel that something similar happened with Nicola. As for her dog not going in after her - it's not that unusual in my view (maybe her dog didn't like cold wintry weather?). My parents have a very loyal dog who follows them everywhere, but it refuses to go out in the rain.

I think this case has drawn so much interest because a lot of us probably know someone like Nicola - just an ordinary, lovely-looking lady who was just going about her business.
---

If they are requesting dash cam footage does that suggest they are suspecting something more untoward like a kidnap or is it just standard practice?
I'd like to think that's standard. The police will be examining any and all possibilities.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I don't know why people get so defensive and aggressive when someone posts their theories. Yes it would be a better scenario maybe if it was a simple accident but you just can't rule out that it was set up and foul play was involved. Many a cold case has been solved by Internet sleuths. They often have more time to delve deeply and find little things the police may miss. Every theory is a possibility until she's found.
Which cold cases have been solved by Internet sleuths?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If she had fallen in, I wonder if her body would have moved along the river for long, maybe prompting more witnesses. It’s all so sad.

Reactions: 3
I personally believe she fell in the river but like you say why does everyone seem so aggressive about people not thinking it , there's no point having the thread otherwise because it'll just be a repeat of people saying "yes she fell in the river" until she is found
That’s a simplification of what happened in the threads and had you read them you’d know that. I’m not going into it all again but it’s not that people are not open to alternative scenarios, it’s just that people either stated it as facts, made wild accusations or people just randomly asked the weirdest questions that had either already been answered or made no sense whatsoever. Also a lot of responses were from people asking about how likely the other scenarios could be given what we know now.

I think that she fell in the river. But I can’t say I’m a 100% sure because even if it’s the most likely scenario it’s still a scenario. All the others seem either impossible or highly unlikely. But it’s also us posting from the comfort of our own homes with no knowledge of what the police know or having been at the exact spot. And now we are entering day 9 and I despair for her family. I almost think it’s better to find a body and just know than not knowing at all.

Reactions: 20

There's plenty. Google it.
A helluvalot more evidence in cases like that pointing at foul play and also it doesn’t make every tragedy a case waiting to be solved. I’m not suggesting you’re saying that’s the case but it’s a sad state of affairs that people are so detached from common sense at times that they treat life like it’s a Netflix series where they play a part. I can kinda get it in the case in Idaho (although that’s so complicated I’ve given up trying to understand what happened) but that’s because it has all the hallmarks of a slasher movie almost.

Reactions: 14
That’s a simplification of what happened in the threads and had you read them you’d know that. I’m not going into it all again but it’s not that people are not open to alternative scenarios, it’s just that people either stated it as facts, made wild accusations or people just randomly asked the weirdest questions that had either already been answered or made no sense whatsoever. Also a lot of responses were from people asking about how likely the other scenarios could be given what we know now.

I think that she fell in the river. But I can’t say I’m a 100% sure because even if it’s the most likely scenario it’s still a scenario. All the others seem either impossible or highly unlikely. But it’s also us posting from the comfort of our own homes with no knowledge of what the police know or having been at the exact spot. And now we are entering day 9 and I despair for her family. I almost think it’s better to find a body and just know than not knowing at all.
I have read the threads along with the recap. If you don't agree just scroll on by , usually this site people are quite friendly and agree to disagree but as I said I think this thread has been particularly aggressive and defensive. I'm not disputing about what happend just the way people are reacting to those who don't agree she fell in, yeah it's far fetched something else happened but every other comment is going to be people telling them to change their mind. I very much doubt the family will ever read here

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This is because some people keep coming up with theories with no basis other than ‘gut feeling’ which go completely against any evidence.

E.g. husband was home all morning, with cctv evidence, but people come up and say they are sure it was him because ‘his body language in the 10 min interview was off’.

Reactions: 45
A man in Cumbria fell into a river last year and his body wasn't found for 6 weeks. His dog was also found by the riverside where it's assumed he went into the water.

I don't think there's anything suspicious. It's dreadfully tragic accident and likely we will never know why she entered the water. I have often thought when seeing women in these really long coats that they are not practical for dog walking. Then again I'm a scruff when walking my dog.

• Sad
This is because some people keep coming up with theories with no basis other than ‘gut feeling’ which go completely against any evidence.

E.g. husband was home all morning, with cctv evidence, but people come up and say they are sure it was him because ‘his body language in the 10 min interview was off’.
“He was SMILING when he was giving the interview….. DUPERS DELIGHT🧐!”

• Haha
Reactions: 19

There's plenty. Google it.
I honestly don't think any of these are comparable to this case.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The poor woman in the yellow jacket. Imagine going out for a stroll with your baby, and then seeing your picture plastered everywhere in the papers asking you to come forward. I tend to think had she seen something unusual she would have surely contacted the police. It’s impossible she missed the story in the last week. Anyway she has, and she hasn’t seen anything unusual.

Also loving these experts who haven’t been involved in the investigation speaking out in the media and calling the investigation a mess. So many idiots coming out of the woodwork.

“ Underwater forensics expert Peter Faulding told the Mail police may have missed 'critical' evidence because they failed to seal off the area where Ms Bulley vanished.

Mr Faulding, who has worked on many high-profile criminal cases, said officers were too quick to decide there were no suspicious circumstances and described their investigation as 'a mess'.”

Someone I knew in 2020 jumped off a bridge into a river, he was found two weeks later over 30 miles away when their body resurfaced. There was nothing suspicious, just deep sadness for all parties it was clear they took their own life. Whilst I don’t think this is what happened here, more likely a freak accident, I also don’t think it is unusual that she hasn’t been found just yet if indeed she has gone into the river. I think this time next week the family will have answers. That poor family, I hope they manage to find some peace.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
If they are requesting dash cam footage does that suggest they are suspecting something more untoward like a kidnap or is it just standard practice?
They're also still trying to establish the exact timeline. If someone - who saw Nicola but isn't exactly sure when - appears in footage, they can calculate "person X was here at this time, it takes X minutes to walk from the field to here" etc.

Reactions: 15
They're also still trying to establish the exact timeline. If someone - who saw Nicola but isn't exactly sure when - appears in footage, they can calculate "person X was here at this time, it takes X minutes to walk from the field to here" etc.
Also there’s one path I think which isn’t covered by CCTV which I guess they want to exclude as a possibility that she left through there. Timeline wise they probably have already but you want to just be a 100% sure. They’ve probably already dismissed it as that path would lead into a road that is covered by CCTV but after 9 days I guess you just want to exclude pretty much anything even remotely possible. If there are so few clues to go on I think the investigation changes to what it would normally be like (using common sense and most likely scenarios). Again she’s in that river but with a family refusing to believe she drowned and no real evidence she went in there the police are in a kind of difficult situation.

Reactions: 10
I know it isn't the same but I walk a really similar route in my own town every day. No matter the time of day, I see at least 10 other people. I know the police have spoken to a couple of witnesses but I just can't get believe how unlucky this poor lady was. If I got into trouble in the river I'm almost certain someone would hear/see me in distress almost immediately. Either it happened so quickly or it really is a quiet route.

At this stage I really doubt this was anything more than a tragic accident. That poor lady. Water is absolutely terrifying.
The likelihood is she was under the water very quickly no one would have been able to hear her distress. Especially in all her layers of clothes. Drowning in real life isn’t usually all the thrashing about you see in movies. A lad in the year above me at school he jumped in the river in august and died of cold water shock. One second his head was above water the next second he was under and no one could see where he had gone. That was in august so I dread to think what it was like in Jan

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I honestly don't think any of these are comparable to this case.
No they're probably not but it's human nature to speculate or want to help in some way. Everyone will have their own theory or opinion for many different reasons. And I'm assuming that's why this thread is here? Or are we just all thinking one thing. The best outcome maybe. We all hope it's a tragic accident but other cases have told us that all is not always as it seems. Can't actually rule anything out at the moment. So all we can do is stay positive. Doesn't stop people thinking outside the box though. And as it's still an option, it should still be spoken about.
PS- The link wasn't a comparison. You asked a question and I shared one link of many. Some are more similar.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.