Nicola Bulley Missing #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With the apparent cctv as nicola actually been spotted on cctv not them just finding her phone and dog?
There have been eyewitnesses who have seen her on that field with her dog. People who knew her and have talked to her. They don't necessarily need CCTV to establish that she was on the field that morning. Eyewitness accounts are more reliable than grainy CCTV footage of a woman in a big black coat with a hat on taken from a distance.

Reactions: 8
I would say she’s most likely put her socials on private. Maybe was alerted that photos of her children and her home etc were visible for anyone and hadn’t realised? That seems more likely imo
Facebook has an annoying habit of changing privacy settings to public without you always realising sometimes. Its then up to you to reset your posts to private/ just friends etc but like you say people often dont realise until someone alerts them .

Reactions: 10
there must be a reason why this has a thread and the hundreds of other missing people in the UK don’t and i’ll wager it was started because someone believed there was more to it.
I started the first thread. It wasn’t because I believed there was more to it.

The discussion was happening across 2 separate threads that I was following, and both conversations were saying similar but also different things.

I started this one thread to combine the discussions, because I thought there was enough conversation to warrant its own thread.

Mostly, I started it because I was in disbelief that a normal day that mirrors mine - a routine dog walk for a mum of two - could end in her never being seen again with no actual answer as to why.

Logically I know she’s in the river. I’ve stated in support of this for example that my springer wouldn’t follow me in, and that I can see myself putting my phone down next to me. But I still think that the conversation is valid. And I’ve still made changes to my dog walk in an isolated area.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It is. It’s been reported that the divers struggled when they investigated the spot. There is a strong current not a little innocent stream of water.
That’s very different from what I’ve read and seen from experts on TV. I read it did not have a strong current. Just goes to show how speculative all the reporting is I guess, so thank you for clarifying.

Reactions: 3
Nicola's loved ones are not giving up hope of her being found.

Nicola's loved ones feel certain she did NOT enter the river .

The police feel strongly Nicola DID find herself entering the river.

Actual quotes that have been running live across the news channel tickers this morning.
Then a story saying please don't throw out theories .....if family and police are at odds with their beliefs could that also be stoking the fire?

Are her loved ones asking us not to believe the obvious ? Are the police wanting us to ignore the loved ones ?

On and off line it's coming across as a free for all right now.

Reactions: 17
Examples of comments that will get jumped on:

“Husband is guilty, he was smiling, he looked to the left that means he is lying. I’m a body language expert” - we’ve already established that unless you actually know someone personally or have studied their behaviour extensively over a period of time, it’s impossible to judge whether or not they were displaying weird or guilty body language during a 2 minute interview.

“Maybe the dog pulled her into the water while she was on her lead” / “have they found her phone yet??” - asking basic questions about facts which have already been widely reported on is obviously going to win you some frustrated and sarcastic replies. It’s forum etiquette not to wade into a thread if you don’t even have the first clue about the topic being discussed and have done little to no research on it.

“*random facebook comment / google maps screenshot presented with zero context*” - this is self explanatory, what’s the point in clogging up the thread with stuff like this when it contributes literally nothing to the discussion?

I could go on but like, I think there’s a massive difference between posting an alternative theory which you have properly articulated and backed up with a logical argument, and just throwing in a ‘husband done it, can feel it in me waters’ post, and then proceeding to get offended and accuse other posters of bullying when they disagree with you.
This should go into the recap.

Reactions: 8
I think what I’m getting at is nobody here has the answers and people learn by asking questions and hearing different viewpoints but maybe some people are coming across a bit more aggressive in how they do that. The people saying ‘this could happen’ are as much a ‘web sleuth’ as someone saying ‘this couldn’t happen’. It gives the thread a weird vibe.
If the feeling is that it was a tragic accident then so be it but there must be a reason why this has a thread and the hundreds of other missing people in the UK don’t and i’ll wager it was started because someone believed there was more to it.
Yes they are coming across as very aggressive and sarcastic, it reminds me of the argument about Princess Diana and whether the car accident was an “accident” or more so an “assassination.” For the life of me I do not understand why people are undermining other peoples gut feelings and opinions on an online forum which was created for THAT reason. Speaking of internet “sleuths” (although not remotely similar) didn’t the reporters on the case work out Ian Huntley had an involvement before the police even did?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If this was a film she would be tied up in a barn, with someone holding her demanding a million in cash, but it isn’t. Kidnappes are quite rare.

Everyone seems to be saying she isn’t in the river because her dog was bone dry. Maybe the dog didn’t see her fall in?

I know the river is so many miles long and 15ft deep in parts. But you would think with all the technology they have they would have found her.

I just feel for her kids. Being dropped to school and then dad telling them later that day they don’t know where she is. Must be heart breaking

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Yes they are coming across as very aggressive and sarcastic, it reminds me of the argument about Princess Diana and whether the car accident was an “accident” or more so an “assassination.” For the life of me I do not understand why people are undermining other peoples gut feelings and opinions on an online forum which was created for THAT reason. Speaking of internet “sleuths” (although not remotely similar) didn’t the reporters on the case work out Ian Huntley had an involvement before the police even did?
Look I think people have been very clear and clearly you haven’t read the replies but have just decided to respond to this comment. If you had read it you wouldn’t be going on in the same vein as the comment you’re quoting.

Say all you like but back it up. Don’t come in and say: ooohh me gut says it’s the partner as he smiled suspiciously and I have watched The Bill and I know the sort.
Because people will rightfully think you’re an idiot and tell you so.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Everyone seems to be saying she isn’t in the river because her dog was bone dry. Maybe the dog didn’t see her fall in?
Within the tattle threads, there’s general agreement that the dog would not have followed her. We all say our dogs would have no clue what to do and would likey stay on dry land, even if they saw us in the water. (It’s also in the recap) 🙂

Reactions: 6
If this was a film she would be tied up in a barn, with someone holding her demanding a million in cash, but it isn’t. Kidnappes are quite rare.

I know the river is so many miles long and 15ft deep in parts. But you would think with all the technology they have they would have found her.

I just feel for her kids. Being dropped to school and then dad telling them later that day they don’t know where she is. Must be heart breaking
happy valley style

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Look I think people have been very clear and clearly you haven’t read the replies but have just decided to respond to this comment. If you had read it you wouldn’t be going on in the same vein as the comment you’re quoting.

Say all you like but back it up. Don’t come in and say: ooohh me gut says it’s the partner as he smiled suspiciously and I have watched The Bill and I know the sort.
Because people will rightfully think you’re an idiot and tell you so.
Well you think she fell in the river but you can’t back it up, there’s no evidence to suggest she even fell in the river?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think when people get mixed up with criminals they’re looking for trouble that’s probably why it doesn’t grab people like a normal missing person case, can only speak for myself though.
I agree I think the fact that she's just a normal lady on a dog walk after dropping her children at school is the key to the intense shock people feel.

Reactions: 19
Well you think she fell in the river but you can’t back it up, there’s no evidence to suggest she even fell in the river?
I think the problem is that there is a huge probability that there will be no evidence that she fell in the river, unless sadly her body is found.

The police are doing all they can to rule out any other options.

Reactions: 18
On and off line it's coming across as a free for all right now.
I just go with what the police say. They are the ones with the expertise and they are the ones doing all the groundwork.

The family are obviously going through all the emotions and just want Nicola back alive.

The media, and the pondlife on social media, can quite frankly get to duck.

Reactions: 15
In most cases where people fall into water there is no evidence. Even just looking at the river Thames, bodies are found several times a year sadly.

Reactions: 15
I think the problem is that there is a huge probability that there will be no evidence that she fell in the river, unless sadly her body is found.

The police are doing all they can to rule out any other options.
I hope and pray its soon for her little girls sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is completely unrelated to the point you made previously which I responded to. If you had read people’s posts you also would have seen why people think this is the most likely solution. But by all means bring it back to a simple: “well I think this and you think that” discussion and dismiss the thousands of posts where people explained in detail why they think what they think.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Alternative theories

1. Someone attacked her as she was dialled in to her work call, on or near the bench, and managed to take her to a nearby vehicle or other location before leaving the area. I suspect this is why they are still seeking witness reports and asking for dashcam. imo this is an unlikely scenario as it relies on a shockingly blatant attacker who chanced their luck on there being no witnesses. If you wanted to kidnap someone there are probably much less risky ways to do it than in broad daylight during a time where lots of people are walking their dogs in the area? If they managed to lure her to a vehicle (willingly in some way) then why did she leave her phone and the dog? What reason could someone give that would make you leave your dog off lead, your phone on a bench, and wander over to their waiting car for a moment??? I’m not sure the distance to the nearest place one could park a car, or if that aligns with the area with no CCTV, but I suspect it’s too far to be dragging someone unwillingly?And surely the attacker wouldn’t have full knowledge of CCTV coverage anyway? Doesn’t seem plausible at all to me.

2. She has decided to go missing or killed herself. This also seems unlikely to me; close family members do not seem to support the theory and they will know her best. Women are (largely, but not exclusively!) nurturing and I don’t think she’d have taken the dog with her if this was her intention. Oh and she arranged a play date with a friend minutes before the incident, which seems to indicate that she was planning ahead in a very routine manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.