Nicola Bulley Missing #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if there have been police divers searching the river? Presumably they have and will therefore find something soon.
Of course they have have. There are pictures of this all over internet.
But rivers are difficult to search.
---

I think it’s probably most likely she’s fallen into the river but her work Facebook is open and posts a lot of her regular route could have had a stalker
Who has somehow completely evaded cctv and other people in the area?

Reactions: 9
I think what I’m getting at is nobody here has the answers and people learn by asking questions and hearing different viewpoints but maybe some people are coming across a bit more aggressive in how they do that. The people saying ‘this could happen’ are as much a ‘web sleuth’ as someone saying ‘this couldn’t happen’. It gives the thread a weird vibe.
If the feeling is that it was a tragic accident then so be it but there must be a reason why this has a thread and the hundreds of other missing people in the UK don’t and i’ll wager it was started because someone believed there was more to it.
If you think this thread has a weird vibe I suggest you stay away from Twitter and Facebook etc because this is like a knitting club compared to over there. And to address your last point, just beside someone believes there was more to it doesn’t mean it’s true. The case has been evolving for 9 days. And in those 9 days things have become somewhat clearer and also some things could be excluded as a possible scenario. This thread evolves too from being flabbergasted a woman disappears into thin air to knowing more about what most likely couldn’t have happened. I think the last few posts have given you plenty of explanation as to why people sometime respond with sarcasm but it seems it’s fair game to call them (us) aggressive yet be perfectly fine with people throwing in random statements or insulting ones about her family. I think people rightfully get narky when that happens. That’s common courtesy you see not to go after a family in a time like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not trying to rattle anyone’s cage here but I am confused. Is it worth clarifying exactly what this thread is for? I am genuinely interested in the case but can’t work out why some comments are valid and other people are getting jumped on. All anyone has are theories at the moment so if they are deemed unacceptable and people are being mocked for them then what’s the point?
Examples of comments that will get jumped on:

“Husband is guilty, he was smiling, he looked to the left that means he is lying. I’m a body language expert” - we’ve already established that unless you actually know someone personally or have studied their behaviour extensively over a period of time, it’s impossible to judge whether or not they were displaying weird or guilty body language during a 2 minute interview.

“Maybe the dog pulled her into the water while she was on her lead” / “have they found her phone yet??” - asking basic questions about facts which have already been widely reported on is obviously going to win you some frustrated and sarcastic replies. It’s forum etiquette not to wade into a thread if you don’t even have the first clue about the topic being discussed and have done little to no research on it.

“*random facebook comment / google maps screenshot presented with zero context*” - this is self explanatory, what’s the point in clogging up the thread with stuff like this when it contributes literally nothing to the discussion?

I could go on but like, I think there’s a massive difference between posting an alternative theory which you have properly articulated and backed up with a logical argument, and just throwing in a ‘husband done it, can feel it in me waters’ post, and then proceeding to get offended and accuse other posters of bullying when they disagree with you.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

“Husband is guilty, he was smiling, he looked to the left that means he is lying. I’m a body language expert” - we’ve already established that unless you actually know someone personally or have studied their behaviour extensively over a period of time, it’s impossible to judge whether or not they were displaying weird or guilty body language during a 2 minute interview.

“Maybe the dog pulled her into the water while she was on her lead” / “have they found her phone yet??” - asking basic questions about facts which have already been widely reported on is obviously going to win you some frustrated and sarcastic replies. It’s forum etiquette not to wade into a thread if you don’t even have the first clue about the topic being discussed and have done little to no research on it.

“*random facebook comment / google maps screenshot presented with zero context*” - this is self explanatory, what’s the point in clogging up the thread with stuff like this when it contributes literally nothing to the discussion?

I could go on but like, I think there’s a massive difference between posting an alternative theory which you have properly articulated and backed up with a logical argument, and just throwing in a ‘husband done it, can feel it in me waters’ post, and then proceeding to get offended and accuse other posters of bullying when they disagree with you.
Dreamed Williw pushed her in last night, has anyody looked into the dogs past behaviour?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

“Husband is guilty, he was smiling, he looked to the left that means he is lying. I’m a body language expert"
Or even worse, "I'm not a body language expert but..." and then proceed to spout forth as if they are

Reactions: 23
I’ve been following the threads and they move is fast so apologies if this has been discussed and explained. I’m so confused by this poor lady’s SM.

Now her life is very clearly very public online as in her posts are on a public setting. Now this seems to be the case only from around October last year till about December. Normally that wouldn’t be so surprising because some people do have very public SM or are quite unaware how to moderate the posts. If it was intentional and you are unaware how it all works you’d have public posts for years. I have friends who social media stretches for years and forgotten public posts.

But Nicola’s social media is very much only public in that time frame only. I wonder why that is?

Her walks are also very well documented as well as her family’s outings and even their home.

I find that little odd that all the public contents is only in the specific timeframe. Anyone else?

I get it if she had wanted to be more private later on but nothing before October but few profile photos and ( cover which is always a public setting )

Reactions: 9
I suppose deep down I just think if I was her and had been abducted and was out there in some kind of trouble. I would be praying there were people out there still fighting to find me and dive deeper than just assuming I'd fallen into a river. One thing we can all have is hope. Despite our differences.

Reactions: 31
Dreamed Williw pushed her in last night, has anyody looked into the dogs past behaviour?
Yeah, also any links to psychics/mediums, idc if it’s coming from Linda Robson herself, if anything these clout chasers said was accurate then they’d be the first port of call for the police in every missing persons investigation. Yet they’re not.

Reactions: 14
All rivers are different. My understanding is that this river does not have a strong current at the point where she was last seen. Certainly not strong enough to sweep something heavy away for miles.
It is. It’s been reported that the divers struggled when they investigated the spot. There is a strong current not a little innocent stream of water.

Reactions: 13
I find that little odd that all the public contents is only in the specific timeframe. Anyone else?
I haven't looked at her fb but someone said on the last thread that it started with a public post about her work. If you make one post public on Facebook it keeps that setting for future posts until you change it back. So it's quite possible that she simply didn't check the privacy settings on the posts after that, until December when she realised and changed it back.

Reactions: 21
I haven't looked at her fb but someone said on the last thread that it started with a public post about her work. If you make one post public on Facebook it keeps that setting for future posts until you change it back. So it's quite possible that she simply didn't check the privacy settings on the posts after that, until December when she realised and changed it back.
Yes that could be the case I guess. Thank you.

Reactions: 5
I suppose deep down I just think if I was her and had been abducted and was out there in some kind of trouble. I would be praying there were people out there still fighting to find me and dive deeper than just assuming I'd fallen into a river. One thing we can all have is hope. Despite our differences.
It’s a bit unrealistic to assume the police have just decided she’s fallen into a river and haven’t considered other alternatives though no? What people think on Tattle is no representation of the actual, criminal investigation. Ofcourse they will look into all options. They hardly went “ah she’ll have fell mate case closed”.

Reactions: 18
You might also be hoping people didn’t accuse your partner because he looked in the wrong direction in a 2 minute interview, or your sister because she has a weird vibe to her. And the police haven’t just assumed anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve been following the threads and they move is fast so apologies if this has been discussed and explained. I’m so confused by this poor lady’s SM.

Now her life is very clearly very public online as in her posts are on a public setting. Now this seems to be the case only from around October last year till about December. Normally that wouldn’t be so surprising because some people do have very public SM or are quite unaware how to moderate the posts. If it was intentional and you are unaware how it all works you’d have public posts for years. I have friends who social media stretches for years and forgotten public posts.

But Nicola’s social media is very much only public in that time frame only. I wonder why that is?

Her walks are also very well documented as well as her family’s outings and even their home.

I get it if she had wanted to be more private later on but nothing before October but few profile photos and ( cover which is always a public setting )
A while back I made a post public but then some months down the line realised everything I posted afterwards was public. I then changed my settings back. Could be that simple.

Reactions: 12
You might also be hoping people didn’t accuse your partner because he looked in the wrong direction in a 2 minute interview, or your sister because she has a weird vibe to her. And the police haven’t just assumed anything.
Can I just say if I disappear I would like some posters on here to refrain from trying to help me out? 😂 because like you say, before you know it my husband would be a suspect, my family, my dog, a random woman out for a walk and my social media would have been analysed to death. I’m honestly considering closing at least my never used Facebook down because it’s full of 00s and early 10s crap when I still poked people on there or played a stupid Facebook game. The horror if that’s the image people will have of me.

Not even to mention the pictures that are on there, in bars, drunk on holiday. There’s even one of me on a banana in the sea in Spain, in a really unflattering pose. Knowing my luck that’ll be the picture the DM uses for my case.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
My son is a detective and has been reading all he can find on this case. The first thing the police do now is check the social media and computer, phone activity. If there was anything suspicious they would have checked it out. Stranger murders and kidnaps are very rare. Her poor family, it's heartbreaking and I really hope she's found soon.

Reactions: 25
A while back I made a post public but then some months down the line realised everything I posted afterwards was public. I then changed my settings back. Could be that simple.
Yes I didn’t think of that, makes sense. It seemed strange that it was only that very specific period of time. I reluctantly looked at her SM and had seen quite a few of her posts were by the river with her dog and family and thought how sad it is that something that clearly brought her much joy, now has almost sinister connotations.

Reactions: 3
With the apparent cctv as nicola actually been spotted on cctv not them just finding her phone and dog?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.