Nicola Bulley Missing #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m aware of these reports, but Nicolas personal friend stated in a live interview yesterday that the dog was found a couple of roads away. There seems to be some dispute between some of the information released but I’m more inclined to believe her friend over what a newspaper prints 🙂
do you have a link to this live interview?

Reactions: 4
I’ve been following this closely and as far as has been released, no one saw nicola by the river. She was seen in the field by someone who interacted with her, the only thing that ties her to being next to the river is the phone and dog lead which could easily have been put there either with sinister intention or just found and placed somewhere they could be seen. There is zero actual proof that she was by the river at any point. The dog wasn’t found by the bench either from what I can gather, but a couple of roads away according to her friend.
A lot of the people currently saying it’s an accident and to accept that hypothesis would quickly change their tune if the police did another statement stating they have other suspicions.
From watching it all closely and as a psychologist I firmly believe the husband is connected somewhere. I couldn’t tell you why, there’s just something I cannot put my finger on about him and his body language /choice of words. I am happy to be proven wrong and will accept it when there’s viable proof that this is a tragic accident, but as it stands I’m yet to see any proof of that beyond the police saying it’s their ‘belief’.
Yes because if the police have another theory at any point it means that they have more evidence!
I assumed that the police are going with the theory that she fell in the river because they don’t have any evidence to suggest anything else at the moment.

Re Nicola’s sister. I think that she is clutching at straws and understandably in denial. I guess her being abducted gives more chance of her being alive, but it’s not a guarantee.

Reactions: 7
My mum died a month ago and we were extremely close, the following is something I wrote to my brother 3 days after she died.

"I just feel like this isn't real and she isn't gone and I'm going to wake up from this dream and phone her and tell her all about this dream I had"

It was an unexpected death and quite quick and I was in pieces and still am yet 3 days after I described it as a dream.

Nothing wrong with his choice of words.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1934903
My thoughts this morning after reading that a witness saw the dog without its harness or lead on, is the possibility that something happened between the bench and the water. Did Willow find a rabbit, bird, or an animal that she was chasing? Whatever happened I think Nicola reacted too quickly to think about her phone and just left it on the bench with the intention that whatever was going on with willow she could sort out quickly and get back to the bench/phone. I think something must of happened for her to lose her footing and fall in the water whilst she was trying to get Willow. Possibly lose consciousness after maybe hitting her head on something, or the water being so cold she became shocked and subsequently drowned ☹ The more I’m reading the more I’m thinking accident. An old college friend of mine wandered off on a night out and fell in to a river. No one knew what had happened to him, and he was found a few weeks after a long way up the river just before entering the sea. I think it’s likely she will be found somewhere else in the water in the coming days or weeks, and I hope for the families sakes they at least find her before she reaches the sea 😣

Edited to add that I also think that maybe she tried to get Willow, realised she needed both her hands free and then put her phone on the bench and threw the harness and lead on the floor by the bench. I think that could be another feasible explanation as to why the phone was left on the bench and the lead and harness next to it.
It could also be as simple as the dogs (now missing) tennis ball rolling towards edge, willow makes a dash for it, Nicolas instinct is to react quickly to stop her dog ending up in the water and in the tangle between owner, dog and trying to grab the ball she sadly ends up falling in.
Any pet owners know or can even think of more than one moment of madness where your dog either sends you flying or they jump at you when you bend down to pick up their beloved ball and next thing you're on your arse in the grass, tbh its the main reason why we've never let our dog off near water, sadly its too risky .

Reactions: 5
I’ve just watched the police statement from yesterday and have some thoughts, sorry if someone has already asked and answered these. Any hunches about the dog are based on how dogs my friends own and how they’d react.

The statement said that the dog was found agitated and going between the bench and the gate, which makes me think nicola went through the gate, so why the emphasis on the river?

If it was indeed a tennis ball that went into the river, surely she would just let it go? If the ball fell into a river it’s likely the current swept it away, so why try and fish it out, with a risk off falling in, when you can easily replace it? The ball, unless stuck in branches, would likely drift away?

If she went into the water, wouldn’t it be likely that Willow would jump in after her or run alongside the bank barking?

If she was attacked by someone she didn’t know, Willow would bark loudly and cause a scene? Makes me think Willow knew who it was? Perhaps she thought they’d come back?

When watching the news interview with her partner, he smiled when he said there’s no evidence and she’s just vanished into thin air. It was an odd thing to smile at.

So much doesn’t make sense.

Edited to add: maybe well over thinking it now, but what if the police statement Is a red herring? They know more than they’re letting on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My mum died a month ago and we were extremely close, the following is something I wrote to my brother 3 days after she died.

"I just feel like this isn't real and she isn't gone and I'm going to wake up from this dream and phone her and tell her all about this dream I had"

It was an unexpected death and quite quick and I was in pieces and still am yet 3 days after I described it as a dream.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

No one is ready to lose a parent and every response is appropriate. Grief isn’t linear and looks different for everyone. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A lot of the people currently saying it’s an accident and to accept that hypothesis would quickly change their tune if the police did another statement stating they have other suspicions.
From watching it all closely and as a psychologist I firmly believe the husband is connected somewhere. I couldn’t tell you why, there’s just something I cannot put my finger on about him and his body language /choice of words. I am happy to be proven wrong and will accept it when there’s viable proof that this is a tragic accident, but as it stands I’m yet to see any proof of that beyond the police saying it’s their ‘belief’.
Well, yeah of course people would change their tune if the police said they now had evidence to suggest something else had happened. Their belief that she fell into the river is the most likely scenario based on the little evidence that’s currently available.

You firmly believe the partner is involved but can’t articulate why, just body language and/or words he used. Not to be rude but wouldn’t a psychologist know that you can’t asses the behaviour someone you don’t actually know based on one isolated interview?

Reactions: 20
I wish people read the thread instead of coming to say something that has already been discussed to death (harness, dog (not)jumping in, husband’s smile, etc etc etc).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It could also be as simple as the dogs (now missing) tennis ball rolling towards edge, willow makes a dash for it, Nicolas instinct is to react quickly to stop her dog ending up in the water and in the tangle between owner, dog and trying to grab the ball she sadly ends up falling in.
Any pet owners know or can even think of more than one moment of madness where your dog either sends you flying or they jump at you when you bend down to pick up their beloved ball and next thing you're on your arse in the grass, tbh its the main reason why we've never let our dog off near water, sadly its too risky .
I think she was either trying to stop the dog from going into the river or stop it from scavenging something it had found and lost her footing unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve just watched the police statement from yesterday and have some thoughts, sorry if someone has already asked and answered these. Any hunched about the dog are based on how dogs my friends own and how they’d react.

The statement said that the dog was found agitated and going between the bench and the gate, which makes me think nicola went through the gate, so why the emphasis on the river?

If it was indeed a tennis ball that went into the river, surely she would just let it go? If the ball fell into a river it’s likely the current swept it away, so why try and fish it out, with a risk off falling in, when you can easily replace it? The ball, unless stuck in branches, would likely drift away?

If she went into the water, wouldn’t it be likely that Willow would jump in after her or run alongside the bank barking?

If she was attacked by someone she didn’t know, Willow would bark loudly and cause a scene? Makes me think Willow knew who it was? Perhaps she thought they’d come back?

When watching the news interview with her partner, he smiled when he said there’s no evidence and she’s just vanished into thin air. It was an odd thing to smile at.

Edited to add: maybe well over thinking it now, but what if the police statement Is a red herring? They know more than they’re letting on.
Dupers delight. Smiling when they know they are deceiving people. Also I agree the police are giving the suspect false information to lull them into a false sense of security.

Reactions: 14
I’ve just watched the police statement from yesterday and have some thoughts, sorry if someone has already asked and answered these. Any hunched about the dog are based on how dogs my friends own and how they’d react.

And do you think, if he was clever enough to commit a crime like that without being seen, in under 25 minutes, that he would have been stupid enough to smile at that? No, he'd have been well rehearsed, looking heartbroken, in bits.

Smiling inappropriately is a really, really common reaction to shock.

Reactions: 11
I can't stop thinking about this poor lady and her family. How unbearably awful for them all.

I pray for closure for her family. The outcome feels inevitable over a week since she disappeared. Utterly heartwrenching.

Reactions: 10
Someone in the DM comments said why wasnt the area of the bench cordoned off?
Because they don't think a crime has been committed. I don't agree the police are playing the long game, lulling the "suspect" into a false sense of security. They literally believe she has fallen into the river and drowned.

Reactions: 13

When my Dad died suddenly I was absolutely haunted with the weirdest dreams when I was asleep but when I was awake I managed to fool myself he was just at home so makes sense he says it’s a dream because he still isn’t living a reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wish people read the thread instead of coming to say something that has already been discussed to death (harness, dog (not)jumping in, husband’s smile, etc etc etc).
The threads are moving super fast so there’s a lot to read through, and to be honest there isn’t a lot to go on so a lot of it will be going in circles until new evidence is found or they find Nicola.

Dupers delight. Smiling when they know they are deceiving people. Also I agree the police are giving the suspect false information to lull them into a false sense of security.
I really hope we’re not looking at another Chris Watts 😞 but the whole thing was very odd.

Reactions: 10
Someone in the DM comments said why wasnt the area of the bench cordoned off?
I think the way the police have handled everything is appalling. They’ve jumped to a conclusion of accidental drowning from the get go, thereby losing any potential evidence by treating the area as a crime scene. No wonder her poor family are distraught, the police made their mind up about what happened before properly investigating & whatever did happen, that is not ok!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I genuinely can't understand how the husband could be involved. I assume people who think he's involved think he pushed her into the river? There's only about 15 minutes that are unaccounted for, so he would have had to have done it in that timeframe.

But the Police have said they've checked CCTV, Ring doorbell footage, etc that would cover routes to and from the towpath by the river and presumably her husband didn't appear on any of that in the timeframe.

So I genuinely can't see how he could be involved in it.

I don't mind alternative theories, but those who think the husband is involved should be able to give a logical series of events that ties with the available evidence. I genuinely can't think of one.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't think you can go by her BF's interview I mean anyone would feel awkward talking to a tv camera and usually the ones who'd done it are not awkward in front of the camera they revel in it.

Reactions: 8

I’m so sorry for your loss, a suddent death is such a shock to the system. My dad died suddenly too, and I felt like I was wading through treacle for weeks. Calling it “like a dream” doesn’t feel strange to me at all. Take care x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.