Nicola Bulley #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think the police wouldn't have found Paul's alibi to be fake by now if it was?
I think the key point here is that the police won’t necessarily have investigated an alibi, because Paul has never been a suspect, because there has never been a criminal investigation.

It’s always been a missing person enquiry.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't think it's sinister at all personally I just think it needs clearing up. How was their communication, did he not know why she was so organised that morning or why she put the kids/dogs in the car? It's not like he was still in bed...mind you I'm not married, I have no idea how much spouses (or long-term partners) communicate! It just seems like something they'd have had to communicate about since it means the other person doesn't need to do something they normally would. I mean all this stuff was asked of him in the interview, it's just he didn't really answer what exactly happened that morning did he? And he didn't say "I can't remember" he just kind of glossed over it and talked about the usual schedule that happened most days. We don't know their breakfast routine or anything, like did they have any sort of conversation or was she just straight off? It could be something like she was in a bad mood or they'd had an argument and understandably he doesn't want to mention it because that would arose suspicion. Or maybe he was just so laid back (although I don't get that impression tbh) he didn't notice.
Yeah I thought the same & yes he did brush over it. They had a regular routine & mornings were chaotic EXCEPT the morning she disappeared.. any changes to a regular routine especially on a day when something major happens is alarm bells..

Reactions: 10
Not until at least 10am (emails anyway) by his own admission. I'm not sure what he says he was doing between 9-10 tbh.

I'm also not sure how far police can investigate until he is a person of interest (which he is not currently) e.g when my brother went missing briefly we were asked if the police could search my mother's house and we said no since we knew he wasn't there and my elderly mother really didn't want the police round. If he's not suspected of a crime there are probably limited powers the police have when it involves taking away his liberties (I could be wrong as people seem to assume he has been thoroughly investigated and ruled out) I'm not sure they can search his computer and stuff without his permission (maybe he gave it though)
You are correct but surely him not agreeing would then have made him look suspicious? If he is innocent in all of this then my thought would be he'd have done anything to rule himself out of the equation. Maybe not but that is what I personally would do.

Reactions: 7
But if the Police take your machine to check it out then you’re busted, surely?
Oh 100%. I’m sure if it was fake they would definitely know. But would they tell us? Absolutely not. They can’t arrest him as there’s no criminal investigation. That won’t change unless they find something to suggest that a crime has been committed. They could be knowing, watching and waiting. I don’t believe this, but it’s possible. Maybe as possible as an alien abduction but worthy of discussion at least. Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: 9
Not until at least 10am (emails anyway) by his own admission. I'm not sure what he says he was doing between 9-10 tbh.

I'm also not sure how far police can investigate until he is a person of interest (which he is not currently) e.g when my brother went missing briefly we were asked if the police could search my mother's house and we said no since we knew he wasn't there and my elderly mother really didn't want the police round. If he's not suspected of a crime there are probably limited powers the police have when it involves taking away his liberties (I could be wrong as people seem to assume he has been thoroughly investigated and ruled out) I'm not sure they can search his computer and stuff without his permission (maybe he gave it though)
I would imagine he has a FLO - and as much as they are there to provide support and be a liaison they are also there to watch the family and friends and report back.
I thought he said in the Dan Walker mawkfest that asked the police to check his phone straight away to rule him out or did I imagine that?

Reactions: 10
I would imagine he has a FLO - and as much as they are there to provide support and be a liaison they are also there to watch the family and friends and report back.
I thought he said in the Dan Walker mawkfest that asked the police to check his phone straight away to rule him out or did I imagine that?
I'll have to go back and watch it again but I don't think he mentioned his phone he just said about checking him and ruling him out if I remember correctly.

Reactions: 7
Oh 100%. I’m sure if it was fake they would definitely know. But would they tell us? Absolutely not. They can’t arrest him as there’s no criminal investigation. That won’t change unless they find something to suggest that a crime has been committed. They could be knowing, watching and waiting. I don’t believe this, but it’s possible. Maybe as possible as an alien abduction but worthy of discussion at least. Stranger things have happened.
To be fair, if they had absolute proof that he was spinning a line and had potentially fabricated an alibi at the crucial time his partner went missing then I would imagine the investigation would be hastily upgraded and he would be spending time in a barren interview room with the heating cranked up.

Reactions: 11
You can be sure the police know a whole lot more than we do. They are not going to jump on Tattle every morning to update us.
Sometimes silence speaks volumes and whatever your personal opinion of them may be we have no other choice than to trust them, do we?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
What if, he left the house via the back door, left his computer logged on and his phone at home?
Then that would have been flagged as suspicious. You can get data from phones that tells you if he had used it within that time frame. It simply being in one location doesn't rule anything out. They also may have evidence of emails or phone calls/Skype meetings etc that he took part in that morning. I don't really understand why people are still questioning his involvement when the police have very clearly stated he wasn't a person of interest.

Reactions: 13
Genuinely think people would subconsciously prefer third party involvement. For two reasons 1) ghoulish as it is, a third party being involved is more interesting than the more likely alternative, and in the age of social media, tabloid gossip and true crime people get a thrill out of it though I'm sure that would be denied by many and (2) it is really terrifying to think that an accident like that could happen to you out of the blue. So suspicion of a third party removes that a bit further from the plane of most people's ideas of their daily lives and loved ones - ie, that would never happen to them because their partner isn't "dodgy".
I think the media, tiktokers, mediums ect all the people making a profit from this are ghouls, as for the tiktokers/fb saying they are trying to "help" by turning up to the village causing mayhem and crazy accusations/theories on fb tiktok, if those people actually wanted to help they would maybe go the church say a prayer go home stay there ! not run about like maniacs in the woods thinking they are doing some blair witch project its atrocious. I am either thinking abduction but only because i want and hope to believe she is still alive and wants to get home and keep praying. Im not 100 percent not the river thats still possible i just hope and think not but as ive said before ground is slippy frosty in winter accidents do happen i just hope not.

Reactions: 9
You can be sure the police know a whole lot more than we do. They are not going to jump on Tattle every morning to update us.
Sometimes silence speaks volumes and whatever your personal opinion of them may be we have no other choice than to trust them, do we?
And why not?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Possibility but if he was actively replying to emails or using his phone during that time then that would rule him out. Even just a simple scroll on facebook could probably be tracked now.
He could be using his phone to check emails! Mind blowing eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think the key point here is that the police won’t necessarily have investigated an alibi, because Paul has never been a suspect, because there has never been a criminal investigation.

It’s always been a missing person enquiry.
They will have ruled out it being a criminal investigation to have come to the conclusion it was a missing person enquiry. To do that they absolutely would have investigated his whereabouts/alibi.

Reactions: 8

He was enjoying the hour alone 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
You are correct but surely him not agreeing would then have made him look suspicious? If he is innocent in all of this then my thought would be he'd have done anything to rule himself out of the equation. Maybe not but that is what I personally would do.
It would make him look suspicious but that's totally his right to refuse unless they have a search warrant and we wont have been told if he has refused-or if he's even been asked. Personally I hate the lines the police use (in tv shows) when e.g they don't have a warrant for a house search "well if you've got nothing to hide you won't mind us searching the house" sure thing officer, right after you've given me the keys to your gaff for a good poke around first :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.