Nicola Bulley #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that bothers me about the theory of Paul being behind all this. Is that, would he really be urging people to look elsewhere for her instead of accepting what the police are saying about Nikki being in the river and no 3rd party involvement. Unless of course she is in the river and he played a part in her being in there and wants attention bringing away from the river 🙈

Im just not feeling that theory at all though and I think its a tragic accident.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
What if, he left the house via the back door, left his computer logged on and his phone at home?
Possibility but if he was actively replying to emails or using his phone during that time then that would rule him out. Even just a simple scroll on facebook could probably be tracked now.

Reactions: 9
Surely his car would be picked up on cctv
Exactly. People talking about ‘there’s no proof he stayed in the house, he could have lefr through some side entrance’, but what are the chances of him leaving the house and somehow killing his wife without being caught on a single cctv camera or ring doorbell the entire way there and back. It just doesn’t seem plausible🥲

Reactions: 26
I ran over it last thread but the family have a big focus on how she’s a “mummy” to the girls (and then the dog in the C5 interview). If you take it that they genuinely think she walked off and staged her own disappearance, the emotive language has a bit of a guilt trip/encouragement purpose to it directly aimed at Nicola
Sorry I didn’t see it. Yes I did wonder if that’s why nobody is hardly crying.. because they believe she’s still alive .. I keep changing my mind about it all

Reactions: 5
They have stated there is no evidence of any criminal activity. Which there isn't. I haven't seen anything at all to suggest third party involvement. I would love to know how people expect someone whose partner has vanished to behave in an interview to satisfy them that he isn't dodgy. Guy can't do right for doing wrong!
But there isn't any evidence that Nicola fell into the water. Nobody knows what has happened so all possibilities have to be taking into consideration.
Chris Watts DID have an alibi (he was at work), until he DIDN'T.
Everyone has an alibi until the police prove otherwise!

Reactions: 22
What a sad world we live in when we even have to consider that the partner has anything to do with it 😓 I hate that there are even cases out there where it has been a loved one but sadly there are. As others have mentioned, I know it's not probable that he did due to witnesses and time scale. It's just more common than not that a close friend or family member is involved. Sad, sad world.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Exactly. People talking about ‘there’s no proof he stayed in the house, he could have lefr through some side entrance’, but what are the chances of him leaving the house and somehow killing his wife without being caught on a single cctv camera or ring doorbell the entire way there and back. It just doesn’t seem plausible🥲
All murderers are very good with technology and avoiding cameras don’t you know?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok, I lied. Not my last post regarding this possibility. Digital alibis can and have been manipulated. Do I think Paul did this? No. However, we just don’t know. Is it possible? Potentially. Far fetched? Definitely.

Link to ways to appear online, including automatic mouse mover;

Attachments

Reactions: 11
Can I just say, once more for the people at the back, this is a village and there is not loads of CCTV everywhere like in a major town or city

(sorry @pennyspenny this isn’t just aimed at you)
No, but there is some. They don’t live in the village, they live about three miles away so he would have had to drive as walking in that time frame is out of the question. He’d be well known in both villages as everyone knows everyone in tiny villages. Someone would have seen his car, or picked him up on footage.

Reactions: 14
But there isn't any evidence that Nicola fell into the water. Nobody knows what has happened so all possibilities have to be taking into consideration.
Chris Watts DID have an alibi (he was at work), until he DIDN'T.
Everyone has an alibi until the police prove otherwise!
Do you think the police wouldn't have found Paul's alibi to be fake by now if it was?

I don't think people realise how difficult it is to fake an alibi in the age of the digital footprint. It has been two weeks. IMO if it had been faked they would know by now.
---

And people also need to realise the police have access to forensic technology that the layperson doesn't, so your whole "well I can pretend to be working from home when I'm not" really won't work with them in the way it might at your workplace.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I am now repeating myself 🙄 If you wave a hand in front of a ring doorbell it doesn’t reset quick enough and you can run past it without it detecting you
Thanks for that tip. I Might have to try that in future 😎

• Haha
Ok, I lied. Not my last post regarding this possibility. Digital alibis can and have been manipulated. Do I think Paul did this? No. However, we just don’t know. Is it possible? Potentially. Far fetched? Definitely.

Link to ways to appear online, including automatic mouse mover;

But if the Police take your machine to check it out then you’re busted, surely?

Reactions: 8
What a sad world we live in when we even have to consider that the partner has anything to do with it 😓 I hate that there are even cases out there where it has been a loved one but sadly there are. As others have mentioned, I know it's not probable that he did due to witnesses and time scale. It's just more common than not that a close friend or family member is involved. Sad, sad world.
I think the public ( especially women) are quite suspicious of Paul because woman are often killed/ attacked by their male , as opposed to a stranger. I don't have the statistics to hand , but it is unlikely that a woman is killed by a stranger
Edit - about 51% of female murder victims are killed by a former or current male partner. About 6% are killed by male strangers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
No, but there is some. They don’t live in the village, they live about three miles away so he would have had to drive as walking in that time frame is out of the question. He’d be well known in both villages as everyone knows everyone in tiny villages. Someone would have seen his car, or picked him up on footage.
Possibly, but not definitely.

I don’t think he’s involved to be clear but just playing devil’s advocate. We can’t say for sure that he didn’t go if he wasn’t seen.

Judging by Twitter and Facebook screenshots and rumours the police are possibly using helicopters and drones to search nearby areas and the river

obviously take with a pinch of salt as I’m too lazy to fact check

Reactions: 10
But if the Police take your machine to check it out then you’re busted, surely?
Exactly. Software like this is great for convincing your boss that you’re working whilst you pop out to the post office, not so great for tricking the police that you’re at home working while you pop out to murder your wife, considering they can easily check to see if something like this is downloaded.

Reactions: 23
Possibility but if he was actively replying to emails or using his phone during that time then that would rule him out. Even just a simple scroll on facebook could probably be tracked now.
Not until at least 10am (emails anyway) by his own admission. I'm not sure what he says he was doing between 9-10 tbh.

I'm also not sure how far police can investigate until he is a person of interest (which he is not currently) e.g when my brother went missing briefly we were asked if the police could search my mother's house and we said no since we knew he wasn't there and my elderly mother really didn't want the police round. If he's not suspected of a crime there are probably limited powers the police have when it involves taking away his liberties (I could be wrong as people seem to assume he has been thoroughly investigated and ruled out) I'm not sure they can search his computer and stuff without his permission (maybe he gave it though)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.