Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stillwater

VIP Member
Part of the work from home phenomenon is people joining meetings when out walking/ dog walking. I have a colleague who does it our all firm stand up every Monday morning - it’s a broadcast from the senior leadership team at which none of the rest of us participate or will ever be called to participate. I am usually reading the Daily Mail online at the same time. It’s fully standard remote working behaviour.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

LaBlonde

VIP Member
yes yes yes. always the girls! the family! not our Girls or Our Family ..... cold?, distant?, topped with subtle alluding? calculating?. possibly? P.S. out of interest has anyone looked at Nicola's FB photographs and noticed the interior of their house? from what I noticed it looks pristine post card perfect and not a thing out of place, you would never think 2 children and a dog live in it and in no way resembles anything or anyone living a chaotic life, I would say the possibility of a controlling life or controlled life
i apparently need to talk to my parents about calling my sister and i “the girls” who knew 🤣

also, i mean there’s a middle ground between chaotic and controlling? she may have cleaned right before taking those photos. they might have a cleaner. he might be the one who does all the cleaning. the dog might be incredibly calm and not messy. i wouldn’t say it’s any kind of hint of controlling behaviour. equally, him saying “our” family etc could be read as controlling. he can never win either way.

the guy is probably seriously regretting doing that interview now. it seems like some people want it to be him.

surlook

VIP Member
Regarding a post from the last thread which quoted the BF as saying he was angry wouldn't your first emotion be puzzled, worried, devastated?
First emotion, yes! It's been two weeks and they have found nothing. Anger is a reasonable emotion at this point.

Curiouslycuriousstill

I’ve just watched this program and I really don’t believe Paul has anything to do with it and just wants Nicola to be safe and well. He looks exhausted and worried in my opinion, when asked about the kind of person she is, his face lit up and he looked happy at the thought of her.

Last year a family member of mine went missing, for that 24 hours I knew about it (he was missing longer but his partner hadn’t shared) I honestly have never felt so worried, sick, hurt, angry, helpless, like I couldn’t think straight or even breathe properly. I carried on with work somehow because I had to for a few hours I didn’t really tell my kids anything because I didn’t want them to worry and so I do imagine he is probably not in a great state behind closed doors. Just to say too my family member disapeared literally onto thin air, we traced him eventually by going through every single person he had ever been in contact with and it wasn’t easy but luckily he was ok. So I can imagine for this case it’s like a never ending impossible task. The not knowing is probably the worst part and having that dread in the back of your mind you do not want to hear or even think about the worst case

I hope Nicola is found safe and well soon for all her family sake, I just don’t know at this stage if it’s going to happen

• Sad
  • Heart

albertman

Reading between the lines, Paul didn’t appeal to an abductor to release her, he appealed for her to come home. Yeah, he wanted every property searched but even that doesn’t necessarily mean he thinks she was abducted. All the language used indicated they felt returning home was in her power which would be a bit daft if she’d been abducted.

To this end, I think the marriage question was a somewhat clumsy part of that appeal.

I do think something is off with this though. Friends and family have previously said she’d never leave her kids and they’ve also said they don’t believe she fell in the river. That leaves an abduction as the solution but Paul certainly wasn’t acting like he felt someone had her.

I don’t think for a minute Paul is responsible but I do feel there’s something pertinent we’re not being told which leads him to believe she might have left of her own accord.

Irena

so if you passed away at 87 you would be happy for your lifetime partner to be addressed as "your boyfriend" at your funeral ?

I think it's a bit sad tbh
Surely the title is 'partner' which indicates a couple who live together in a relationship, but without the marriage licence. Boyfriend or girlfriend seems to imply not living together.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Paul doesn't believe she went into the water.
Paul may be angry because he thinks the police didn't consider other possibilities, Paul may be angry because he may think Nicola has walked away from her life.
I didn't detect much panic or worry about an abduction situation from him. He did appear angry when he talked about searches in the area. Searching would usually carry a worry response in anticipation of what may or not be found. Anger would come after the find, no?

simonsaysshutup

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I was convinced she’s gone into the water until the interview with C5.
Looking back at history, Karen Matthews, Ian Huntley, Mick Philpott. All did television interviews proclaiming their innocence.

Do you think the police had some responsibility in setting this up to profile the husband’s body language?

Two weeks and still not found, water been checked extensively. Are the police now looking at other avenues?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

HaloGirl

VIP Member
I thought it was utterly crass to ask Paul about the wedding plans. I didn’t like the format of the programme, didn’t think Dan Walker was the right person to ask questions and didn’t see the point of a panel. If they had just kept it to a 30 minute programme, that might have been better. Like OPs have said, Paul looked broken.

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Part of the work from home phenomenon is people joining meetings when out walking/ dog walking. I have a colleague who does it our all firm stand up every Monday morning - it’s a broadcast from the senior leadership team at which none of the rest of us participate or will ever be called to participate. I am usually reading the Daily Mail online at the same time. It’s fully standard remote working behaviour.
Agree on this, my old boss used to dial into meetings whilst he was cycling, it’s so not unusual behaviour.

• Haha

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
My theory is they can't find any trace of her, because they have been directed to the wrong area. She was last seen in the upper field right? They should have combed it the day she went missing, but had been convinced she'd fallen in.
This. She was last seen in the upper field so that’s where the focus should be.

• Heart

neapsntatties

Chatty Member
It gives me chills thinking of that teams call. Although no one could see or hear her, imagine how they feel now knowing that she’s either fell into the water or something has happened to her whilst on the same call as her 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart

Sparkledarmer

VIP Member
I'm so sorry if this has been mentioned, I don't have the emotional capacity to read through the threads. Why did they chose channel 5 for the interview? They make the Daily Mail look like a Nun convention

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
Can I just point out tech alibis are not always reliable. They're not. Only last week a guy was charged with murder for faking his tech alibi, it happens. For 6 weeks that man inserted himself into the lives of the victims parents.
We're not talking about a murder in this case but keep an open mind.