Nicola Bulley #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s assuming she hadn’t had an event that made her unconscious before she went into the water?
Which is one theory I read that she was hit by the dog went in head first its a high bank so no slip marks and I read the water was higher than it was now.

Reactions: 11
What was the marriage thing? Haven’t got watching the full channel 5 thing yet!
Dan Walker mentioned that Paul and Nicola had plans to get married during lockdown and asked if they would get married when she is found. Completely unnecessary and hurtful in my opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
The falling in the river from near the bench doesn’t make sense to me now given its depth at that point (3ft) & very SLIGHT current. She would have been able to stand up in it. For her to have fallen at such a force that she entered the water head first , then banged her head on rocks would have meant she would have had to positively hurtle herself down the embankment, enter the water head first, rendering her unconscious and thus drowning. That’s assuming she never put her hands / arms out to break the fall as people naturally do.
If she had slipped on her bum down the embankment and entered the water that way she would have been able to stand up and get out.
Also if the police timings are to be believed (phone being on the bench at 9.20am and Appointment Woman finding phone at 9.33am) appointment woman could have looked in the river and seen her if she had gone in mere minutes earlier?

But cannot rule out being in the river from a different location, or that Nicola never actually got to the bench. I’m sure the technology police have had access to details more, but for example my iPhone tells me I’m at least 50 metres away from where I am. ( that current location thing) and my car is .6 mile of a mile away from me. It’s not. It’s in the drive.
Not meaning this as a question to you but in general (and in agreement with @Jwren post just after this one) -

If it’s only 3ft deep, why did they need to send divers in?

Reactions: 19
Yep, like someone coming down the path , through the kissing gate, clobbering her from behind which jolted the phone on to the floor… and then goodness knows…
The one thing that makes me think she could’ve been followed and attacked is that she tracked her walks ( and I think they were public ) and it has been noted a creep has been liking all her pictures/following her on Strava. Absolutely terrifying.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Ring
Is it possible to do that without there being footprint? Genuine question as I don't fully understand how they work. It would have to be a reasonably significant length of time.
Ring doorbells are not concrete evidence. When the battery is low they don’t always pick up every movement.
You can wave a hand in front of it then run out it doesn’t ‘reset’ quick enough to pick you up… and yes we’ve tried it😂
Do they have a back entrance?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
As it stands, as I understand it, he was on the computer dealing with work related stuff, which will be obviously verifiable and phoned and WhatsApp’d her and received calls in … also verifiable and the doorbell camera wasn’t activated for anyone going out the house. Also verifiable. To all intents and purposes by all the means they have to verify his whereabouts, he was sat at home working.
He said in the interview he works for an American company so because of the time difference he doesn’t start work until 10am and he enjoys that hour alone

Reactions: 8
He paused for a moment after it was asked. I think he was quite taken back at the insensitive nature of it but answered anyway, because I suppose he had to. He's between a rock and a hard place here.
The question didn’t come out of the blue

Reactions: 8
Only 3ft deep at the entry point near the bench. It’s not 3ft everywhere :)
Yes sorry I realise that, but I mean initially when they thought she’d gone in by the bench and they sent divers in - they thought she would have still been in that area.

ETA I’m agreeing with you about it not making sense, except now I’m the one not making sense 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Only 3ft deep at the entry point near the bench. It’s not 3ft everywhere :)
Entry point for NB could be literally anywhere, especially if you went hurtling off that steep edge and if there‘s an undercurrent you can soon be caught up in it however shallow and that’s assuming there wasn’t a deep hole where she entered.

Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I was convinced she’s gone into the water until the interview with C5.
Looking back at history, Karen Matthews, Ian Huntley, Mick Philpott. All did television interviews proclaiming their innocence.

Do you think the police had some responsibility in setting this up to profile the husband’s body language?

Two weeks and still not found, water been checked extensively. Are the police now looking at other avenues?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
A lot of people seem to think the husband is dodgy, but if it has been established that he isn’t a suspect, he has a solid alibi backed up by CCTV, then what part do people think that he played in her disappearance? That he paid someone else to do it?

Reactions: 19
Not meaning this as a question to you but in general (and in agreement with @Jwren post just after this one) -

If it’s only 3ft deep, why did they need to send divers in?
Didn't they say that the divers were searching the shallow reeded parts and the sonar was searching the deeper parts. Looking at some of the footage, the divers were also covering the deeper parts.

I know we're not Peter fans, but he was right when he said that these divers can find dumped knives in murky water, so I'm with him in that after all the searches they'd have found her, or something that belonged to her

Re the marriage question, I think it is likely Dan and Paul discussed which questions would be asked before they started filming the interview.
How would Dan know Paul and Nicola had spoken about marriage previously otherwise? He had to have been told prior to the interview.

Surely if the husband was involved somehow he’d be pushing the ‘fallen in the river’ story whereas he’s saying he doesn’t believe she’s in there.

Reactions: 28
I am so sorry if this has been asked earlier - I have missed out a few pages so could have missed it. Please don’t should shout at me:

I’m just watching the programme now and until now I’d thought that the sighting was from a person on the upper field who saw Nicola walking along the river path. But they phrased it as if Nicola was actually IN the upper field as they then said that the phone records show that the phone was then back by the river in the vicinity of the bench. If I have understood that correctly, doesn’t that mean that something could have happened in the fields and the phone has been planted back there?

Reactions: 16
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I was convinced she’s gone into the water until the interview with C5.
Looking back at history, Karen Matthews, Ian Huntley, Mick Philpott. All did television interviews proclaiming their innocence.

Do you think the police had some responsibility in setting this up to profile the husband’s body language?

Two weeks and still not found, water been checked extensively. Are the police now looking at other avenues?
100% this! Totally agree with you.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.