Nicola Bulley #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The marriage thing was odd and particularly cruel on channel 5s part.
I found this strange. The likely hood of Nicola coming back alive is incredibly low, however much we pray she will be found safe. But discussing getting married once she returns? Almost as if they know she is alive, I know he must be in denial but at some point reality has to set in.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I found this strange. The likely hood of Nicola coming back alive is incredibly low, however much we pray she will be found safe. But discussing getting married once she returns? Almost as if they know she is alive, I know he must be in denial but at some point reality has to set in.
Well tbf, he's not going to get on live national tv and announce that he thinks she's dead is he? 😂 I thought it was quite cruel of them to mention the wedding to him tbh. If he's not involved and she has genuinely gone missing, he has to know or have been told that the likelihood of her being alive now is slim

Reactions: 13
I enjoy crime dramas, I’m booked to go see The Killer Next Door this year etc. killers fascinate me, what makes them different from us etc, is it nature or nurture or a bit of both or a trigger etc etc.
But I also like to think I am level headed and logical and it would take a lot for a crime to have been committed leaving no evidence at the crime scene.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I’ve enjoyed reading others thoughts here but I’m always going to want it backed up with something.
Is this the E.K one, if so it's really good I saw it last year and hoping for another showing closer to home x

Reactions: 1
Rewatching the doc again this morning as I fell asleep last night. No idea why he made a point of changing into his gym gear before looking for her if he intended to return home in the interim.

Could he have put her body in a completely different part of the river, meaning it’s now travelled even further than anyone else thinks it is and very well at sea. Then called in the experts with the hope of the entire thing being shut down & the river searches being stopped.

• Haha
I didn’t say she didn’t drop the kids off. Did you read where I said “irrational conspiracy side of the brain” I just often think how do we know if it was actually Nicola the witnesses saw in the field. Maybe she’s in on it too and her and her friend switched after dropping the kids off who the duck knows at this point
Yes I read all of your post.
I was just replying to rationalise that part of it.

Of course it’s entirely possible they’re all in on it, I’ve thought the same especially with the GFM fiasco, but in your original post you said maybe Paul and Emma bumped her off so I was just saying if that was the case it would only have made a few minutes’ difference as she was definitely at the school 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Rewatching the doc again this morning as I fell asleep last night. No idea why he made a point of changing into his gym gear before looking for her if he intended to return home in the interim.

Could he have put her body in a completely different part of the river, meaning it’s now travelled even further than anyone else thinks it is and very well at sea. Then called in the experts with the hope of the entire thing being shut down & the river searches being stopped.
He was at home as verified by cctv. I won't argue that it's impossible for him to be involved because we just don't know, but we do know Nicola left home and was seen and that Paul was at home all morning.

After watching the programme last night, I’m leaning toward foul play. I believe the phone was put at a place as a decoy and Nicola may have gone in the river but much, much further away. I don’t believe she went in the river by the bench for one minute now.

Also, the time scales were much different than I thought and a great more amount of time was available to whoever did this.

I absolutely don’t think she has taken her own life and if she did I think she would have made her decision known and not planted the phone and harness. I appreciate that people don’t think rationally but no mother would want her children to never know what happened. Much more likely she’d have left a note. So, I believe third party and she may/may not be still alive. I’m disappointed that the police didn’t widen this much earlier. They’ve messed up in my opinion. With everything that has happened surrounding the police over recent times, they need to be well ahead of their game. Trust has disappeared for many people, myself included.

I’ve actually got a man that stalks me. The police are aware but he is ALWAYS a tad too close to not get in trouble. He’s been given warnings, cbo’s etc but never goes too far. I’ve emailed the head of my police force and I’ve clearly said one day he will go too far. He frightens me to the point that 2 years ago last month, I nearly ended my own life. The pain of knowing that someone wants you gone is frightening. I do things that I shouldn’t just so I feel I have some control. We never know what goes on behind closed doors. Just this morning I’ve shared my location permanently with my son and daughter in law on our phones.

Sorry to offload but I feel this gas helped just typing this out xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
My theory is they can't find any trace of her, because they have been directed to the wrong area. She was last seen in the upper field right? They should have combed it the day she went missing, but had been convinced she'd fallen in.

Reactions: 16
Quoting myself sorry but also, if I was convinced that she wasn’t in the water so one option must be abduction, I’d be distraught thinking about all the possible things that could be happening / could have happened to her.

There’s none of that. No obvious worry for her to be safe and not going through really awful things.
Yeah, seems like he thinks she's vanished herself.
Denial I suppose. I'd expect if the abduction theory was a real possibility in his mind he'd ask whoever it is not to hurt her. I really think denial is playing a huge part.

Reactions: 10
when I watched Paul being interviewed last night I felt like I had a brick in my stomach - his distress and disbelief was palpable. I doubt he wanted to do that interview but he’s going to do anything he can to get closer to find an answer - and that means keeping it in the news and on people’s minds.

I do think part of the interest in the case is because Nicola is fairly normal but clearly a very attractive youthful 45 year old, aspirational if you will. It’s not fair but it does increase interest and fascination in their life.

I think they are protecting the parents - they are older and don’t need to have cameras in their faces every five minutes.

Those eye lashes were ridiculous - what on earth possessed her. She must have had them done since Nicola went missing as they don’t last that long so they? What a bizarre thing to do.

Reactions: 23
My theory is they can't find any trace of her, because they have been directed to the wrong area. She was last seen in the upper field right? They should have combed it the day she went missing, but had been convinced she'd fallen in.
This. She was last seen in the upper field so that’s where the focus should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
He was at home as verified by cctv. I won't argue that it's impossible for him to be involved because we just don't know, but we do know Nicola left home and was seen and that Paul was at home all morning.

I remember hearing this but I thought it was a friend that said cctv had verified he was at home. (Sorry if I’m wrong!) I suppose I’m just taking all of those bullet points made with a pinch of salt because anyone close to them naturally would come out and defend them.

Do you know whether anyone has confirmed that they have cctv in the house? Or could did the friend mean
ring doorbell footage confirmed he was at home. (My mum sometimes calls our ring doorbell cctv!) and if that’s the case, ring doorbell footage would only confirm that he didn’t leave the house through the front door.

But if they have actual cctv in the house then that’s a different story and I may have missed that part!

Reactions: 12
As it stands, as I understand it, he was on the computer dealing with work related stuff, which will be obviously verifiable and phoned and WhatsApp’d her and received calls in … also verifiable and the doorbell camera wasn’t activated for anyone going out the house. Also verifiable. To all intents and purposes by all the means they have to verify his whereabouts, he was sat at home working.

Reactions: 20
If I didn’t want the ring doorbell to record my movements, I’d switch off my wifi for a bit.
Ring
If I didn’t want the ring doorbell to record my movements, I’d switch off my wifi for a bit.
Is it possible to do that without there being footprint? Genuine question as I don't fully understand how they work. It would have to be a reasonably significant length of time.

Reactions: 6
I voted for the last option- foul play/stranger.
If we were talking like a canal path where she'd be really close to the water then I'd be convinced she fell in. But I'm just not sure about this situation. It would have had to have been a big fall/slip from the bench.

Reactions: 8
When I first saw the friend I got a feeling I’d seen her before on t.v. I keep getting it every time I see her. She looks so familiar to me. Or maybe it’s just the Celine Dion likeness… 🤣
She looks familiar to me too but I can’t place why. Maybe she’s just got one of those faces 😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.