Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually find that poll fascinating. I’m a 80%in water person but totally open to other explanations. If most people have voted that she’s not in the water on this thread.. it does surprise me and I’d love to hear opinions.

Reactions: 21
ARGH! I tried to go back, thats where I’ve been but you get 20 minutes before you can’t edit any further.

let’s say when we get to about page 40 that we start deciding what to put in the next opening post

and when we get to 45 pages someone is nominated to put it together - so we can start planning it properly.

I was proud of myself for remembering to put the links in the last one for this thread.

and THANK YOU to you for your hard work putting the original opening post together, I C&P your post x
No worries! I had a new one ready to go but you were too quick 🤣 I was going to change bits that needed updating like SGI having ended their work (as it still says they’re there), and clarifying the caravan park confusion for us all, and include the better photos of the bench and gate angles 🙂

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Yes I think it’s going to get to the stage where they are going to have to declare the information they have to stop these absolute TikTok tools. They can’t arrest everyone and it’s out of control.

My thinking ( this evening) is that the police have information - such as marital issues , MH issues or whatever along with supporting Fitbit / telephony information. The family won’t have wanted any marital / MH issues disclosing for many reasons, but considering the phenomenal interest in the case people would be finger pointing even more.
For example if someone went missing , and you knew there was some significant personal issue and their belongings and dog were found next to a river, you’d never think they had been abducted or anything sinister. You’d think they’d either gone on their own volition , or it was a very untimely tragic accident.
Tiktok tools, I love it 🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was thinking about this last night and think I got confused about something. After watching a Sky News report I think I understand things now. Initially I thought she had been seen at the bench but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't think it's entirely out of the question that she connected to the work call near the bench, put the phone down to put the harness on and forgot about them (who's to say this hasn't happened before, I know I can be a bit forgettable first thing in the morning) or was distracted by Willow wandering off so went to get her and carried on with their walk. Her fitbit would still continue tracking her steps. Then she gets to the top field and realises oh tit she hasn't got her phone and needs to be on the work call so she turns back and whoops she's tripped in her rush and slipped/rolled into the river. Maybe Willow retraced Nicola's scent and made her way back along the path to reach the bench and waited there because she was either confused or trained to return there if she lost Nicola. She was pacing back and forth from there to the gate because she wanted to continue following Nicola's scent but couldn't get out. Maybe I'm witchelling (Tattlers who read the royal threads may know that reference) but it makes sense to me.

The bank looks steeper further along on the top field. This is from 2018 so it's unlikely to have changed much.
I doubt you’d fall in from the top field. Also, in case anyone's unaware your mobile can track you too. Within the settings it’s tracking you all the time, someone will know exactly where but we stumbled across it on my stepdad's phone a year or so ago.

Nicola's must have been doing the same for the Police to state at '9.20 Nicola's phone was back near the bench'.

Reactions: 16
I wonder if this will be a case that sparks Police reform in regards to media management. Times have changed fairly rapidly and I think even five years ago we wouldn't see the level of insanity from the public we are now. I think a lot of this has stemmed from the case hitting the viral sweet spot and the general public's ignorance.

As other people have noted in other suspected accidental drownings like this resource is significantly less and called off after a few days because it is ultimately a waiting game. The social media furore and accompanying media circus has escalated this far more than could be anticipated.

Reactions: 33
You know the women turning up for these bloody vigilante sprees into abandoned houses at night should be CAREFUL! The kind of people, conspiracy nuts, guys getting off on missing mums, out and out pervs and loonies will also be there!!!!
Ok some people may be well meaning but I would no more be in the company of that wild, criminal guy Dan Duffy than I would stick pins in my eyes?
If Nicola did come to some intentional harm doesn’t it occur to them that the perp might be a lurking?😨😨😨
Oh, and he kept saying he smelled a nasty smell like a 'dead cat' By the house.

Well, TikTok had the men that were there hung, drawn and quartered as you can imagine.…

He said he could hear sirens in the distance (and I think one of the men called the police) but I’m pretty sure DanDuffy will be hearing sirens very soon.

He was saying ‘I could have spent the evening with my family but I’m out here looking in my own time' like he’s some sort of hero.

• Angry
Reactions: 26
@Oldcat the car - are you thinking the question would be is it usual for her to leave her keys in the car and use her phone to lock and unlock? Or was that unusual - because if so that is the significance! Why that day!

(I have to stress that I have only read about the keys on fb though so who knows if it’s true)

Reactions: 6
I personally feel it’s in very bad taste to vote on whether someone drowned or not. So I’m not voting!
Yes, I was careful with the wording, it’s not a nice thing to do 😢
---

No worries! I had a new one ready to go but you were too quick 🤣 I was going to change bits that needed updating like SGI having ended their work (as it still says they’re there), and clarifying the caravan park confusion for us all, and include the better photos of the bench and gate angles 🙂
Keep what you’ve got and add to it now it’s started. You do the next one?

Reactions: 10
I doubt you’d fall in from the top field. Also, in case anyone's unaware your mobile can track you too. Within the settings it’s tracking you all the time, someone will know exactly where but we stumbled across it on my stepdad's phone a year or so ago.

Nicola's must have been doing the same for the Police to state at '9.20 Nicola's phone was back near the bench'.
I have a Samsung (not sure on Nicole's phone) however I stumbled on it too and in Google maps then your timeline. Mine has data from 2017 on there right up untill today.

Reactions: 9
link to thread #5: https://tattle.life/threads/nicola-bulley-missing-5.37222/

FAQ’s and info - please read

Nicola parked at school, dropped her daughters off, and started the walk from there as usual.
Doorbell footage has been shared of her leaving home that morning.

Nicola joined a Teams call but was on mute with her camera off, which was standard for that call. Unfortunately this meant that the other participants did not see or hear anything.
The call ended at 0930 but Nicola did not disconnect from the call.

The photo of the river bank shows the drop down to the water. The police diver had to be helped out by 2 people.

Nicola’s phone, along with her dog Willow’s harness and lead, were found on or near the bench shown in top left of the photo.

There was just 23 minutes between the last sighting (0910) and the phone, harness and lead being found (0933); and just 13 minutes between the phone being at the bench (0920) and being found.

Willow was dry when found so hadn’t been in the water - this does not mean that she did or didn’t see Nicola in the water. It simply means that the dog did not go in.

Willow wasn’t wearing her harness and that was normal on a walk, it was usually removed along with the lead for that part of the walk.

They didn’t usually take a ball but it’s not certain that they didn’t on this day.

Willow was found agitated, running between the bench and gate to the section of the field by the river. This is a small area.

Nicola’s partner was at home, and has never been named as a suspect - this has always been a missing person enquiry.

Nicola’s partner has a business which is shown on Companies House as ‘compulsory strike off’ just after Nicola’s disappearance. This does not in any way suggest financial difficulties. It purely means the company was already in the process of being closed.
He is director of another company which is still trading, and he works in a skilled industry.
It is explained here https://tattle.life/threads/nicola-bulley-missing-4.37193/post-13873756

A helicopter with thermal imaging was deployed the day Nicola went missing, to search above the river.

Lancs Police are using the caravan park as their base. All empty caravans have been searched, as have local empty properties along and near to the riverbank.

Nicola’s family are keeping all possibilities open in the hope of Nicola’s safe return, which is absolutely understandable.

SGI began to assist the search efforts on Monday, with Peter Faulding giving ever-changing updates on when he expects to be able to confirm whether Nicola is or is not in the river. Unfortunately his comments are mostly contradictory and unhelpful.

A GoFundMe page was set up on Monday by a family friend with a target of £100,000. This was quickly changed after social media unrest to £50,000, then £5,000. Shortly after, the page was closed before it raised even £500, and the friend posted on Facebook to state that the family didn’t initially know she was doing it, and she was just trying to help.

Lancs Police gave an update via press conference on Tuesday, confirming that they are still focussing huge resource on the search effort and asking the general public to avoid doing anything to make this any more difficult.

The police have continuously stated that the most likely situation is that Nicola has sadly somehow entered the water, but they remain open to all possibilities and fully investigate all information they receive. There are 40 detectives working on the case.

2 exits from the walking route are not covered by CCTV - the caravan park (camera not working) and the A road. Police are working to contact all drivers to obtain dashcam footage where possible on the A road but there were around 7,000 drivers to contact.

On Wednesday evening just hours after Lancashire Police asked people not to go searching properties, a live TikTok video was streamed of a user called DanDuffy trying to search the house commonly called 'the abandoned house' which is in fact being renovated.

View attachment 1945763

Please be mindful of Nicola’s family with any comments made ❤

Lancs Live timeline and further information
Fantastic recap ☝🏼👍🏼

Who are the 67.8% of nutters that don’t believe she fell in the water 🫣 For godsake, poor Willow had nothing to do with it

Reactions: 14
I still think she fell into the river sadly. The police have been asking for dash cam footage for well over a week now and there are no sightings of her after 9.10am. They haven't asked anyone else to come forward. I just think someone would have seen something otherwise but there is nothing.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if this will be a case that sparks Police reform in regards to media management. Times have changed fairly rapidly and I think even five years ago we wouldn't see the level of insanity from the public we are now. I think a lot of this has stemmed from the case hitting the viral sweet spot and the general public's ignorance.

As other people have noted in other suspected accidental drownings like this resource is significantly less and called off after a few days because it is ultimately a waiting game. The social media furore and accompanying media circus has escalated this far more than could be anticipated.
Well said. The media circus hopefully will abate but the police are going to find it difficult to pull resources soon. How long can they continue to search the water… it actually could become a crazy money waste?
It’s a time thing.. I hope she does get found and everyone finds peace but her family in particular seem unsatisfied. Understandable.. they’ve lost someone they love.
The police need to release more details if it will calm the rabid vigilanteism? Simple stuff like they’ve completed forensic tests of the area or confirmation of the footage they actually do have of tow paths/ river paths showing she wasn’t attacked there?
I really feel for the Police Superintendent. She looked shattered.

Reactions: 26

I think it needs to be. What ever had happened to her has turned into a media frenzy/ local tourist hotspot with TikTokers going out there at all hours doing god knows what for views and likes. I know if it was my mum/daughter I wouldn't want to visit the last possible spot of her surrounded with people with phones in my face or people speculating god knows what.

Reactions: 21
I wish we knew more about the sighting at 9.10am also. The age of the person who saw her? How certain / accurate is the 9.10? Could it have been earlier ? Did the person walk right past her, or see her from a distance?

I don’t think based on the evidence the police have released, combined with the results of river searches , you could ever assume that it was Nicola on that bench with the phone. I know she dialled in to the work call, but surely anything after 9.01am is questionable?

Also regarding the loose BONE DRY dog / phone scene. I’m an animal lover, but I would never approach a strange scene as a lone female in a semi/isolated location.
Unfortunately Im aware of how many unpleasant people are out there, living amongst us in lovely little villages and communities.

Reactions: 33
A Dispersal Order has been issued this evening by the Police to a group of men believed to be from the Liverpool area who had travelled down to search the 'abandoned house'.

I have no words. I truly think lockdown has made people batty.

This is not DanDuffy, it’s more people!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
A Dispersal Order has been issued this evening by the Police to a group of men believed to be from the Liverpool area who had travelled down to search the 'abandoned house'.

I have no words. I truly think lockdown has made people batty.

This is not DanDuffy, it’s more people!

Good, I think its about time the whole area is closed off from anyone. It won't be long then untill people get fed up and stay at home.

Reactions: 31
Regardless of how thorough an investigation the police are doing, they’ve lost public trust by not being more open and upfront. If they are withholding information as it’s sensitive, that’s fair enough. There’s small kids involved and most of Joe public are reasonable enough to accept this. We are really getting nothing though. I hope they do have more background information than we are being led to believe.

I did think that perhaps they might have some evidence to prove she had drowned, that had been shared with family but not the public for some reason. Now that the friends are asking for the house near the river to be searched, I am less sure.

Are there any real life police officers in this thread? What is the usual course of action in cases like these? Has anyone close to Nicola actually been interviewed formally? Friends, family, neighbours etc? Can you conduct formal interviews with no evidence of a potential crime?

Still just thinking out loud. I do think she’s somehow in the rivwr. Although my mind oscillates back and forth.

May she be found soon. 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also regarding the loose BONE DRY dog / phone scene. I’m an animal lover, but I would never approach a strange scene as a lone female in a semi/isolated location.
Unfortunately Im aware of how many unpleasant people are out there, living amongst us in lovely little villages and communities.
There are people who would rather take their chances than live in fear. Also if the woman recognised the dog and knew its owner but couldn't see her anywhere, I'd say this was strange in the sense that the owner isn't with the dog but not so strange that she should be quivering in her boots, lone female or not.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.