Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blah blah blah.
Glad to see Lancs police have referred themselves.
Total joke. We've been chatting about the misogyny within the police, they've even apologised this week and now this. duck the police.

Reactions: 14
We are all allowed opinions. I don’t see why we can’t speculate on here? Isn’t that the idea? Everyone chants ‘be kind’ yet the instance anyone puts a theory across that they don’t like, they are jumped on.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't know what I think about the police releasing the information they have about Nicola.

On the one hand it must be awful for her family and it is a massive invasion of her privacy.

On the other hand I can see why they did it as certain factions of the public seem completely determined to believe one scenario and one scenario only.

Reactions: 17
Going back to the interviews, I've already criticised PA for how he was in them so won't go over that again but I think it was also a bit dishonest/weird of Dan Walker to conduct the interview like he was just some Channel 5 interviewer covering a headline news story when he actually has a link to Nicola and didnt say etc. HE could have talked about how fondly HE thinks of her for instance. Just my opinion please don't shout me down!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I cant believe that tw*t said that. Clearly HE is the reason this information was leaked. Who does he think he is?! Of course it was a narcissist male choosing what privacy a woman should have over HER medical information.
---
I don't know what I think about the police releasing the information they have about Nicola.

On the one hand it must be awful for her family and it is a massive invasion of her privacy.

On the other hand I can see why they did it as certain factions of the public seem completely determined to believe one scenario and one scenario only.
I agree! If they've let the information out as they genuinely think they needed to, then fair enough. But if its because of that id*ot Mark then that's disgraceful.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
We are all allowed opinions. I don’t see why we can’t speculate on here? Isn’t that the idea? Everyone chants ‘be kind’ yet the instance anyone puts a theory across that they don’t like, they are jumped on.
All these threads have been one giant speculation fest so I would completely disagree that speculation isn't allowed 🤣

However, it then follows that if you post an opinion then people can disagree with it.

Reactions: 10

The trouble is though, that even with the information they’ve released, it still doesn’t discount any other theories. For me, all they’ve done is create even more of a shitstorm!

Reactions: 11
Going back to the interviews, I've already criticised PA for how he was in them so won't go over that again but I think it was also a bit dishonest/weird of Dan Walker to conduct the interview like he was just some Channel 5 interviewer covering a headline news story when he actually has a link to Nicola and didnt say etc. HE could have talked about how fondly HE thinks of her for instance. Just my opinion please don't shout me down!
He has a link to Emma but might not have one to Nicola? Just moo. He might have known of her but not necessarily met her.

I didnt think he was the right person to do the interview. He didn’t seem very empathetic.

Reactions: 6
Blah blah blah.
Glad to see Lancs police have referred themselves.
Total joke. We've been chatting about the misogyny within the police, they've even apologised this week and now this. duck the police.
Ah, if they had their hand forced I bet they’re as cheesed off as anyone. They’d spent over 2 weeks protecting her history and the SIO is a woman, who I can’t imagine would go along with poor little woman narrative.

Reactions: 12

Wud the police have had to get permission from the family to release these personal health details. Also cud the family have stopped the police at the start from saying she was vulnerable?

Reactions: 1
Ah, if they had their hand forced I bet they’re as cheesed off as anyone. They’d spent over 2 weeks protecting her history and the SIO is a woman, who I can’t imagine would go along with poor little woman narrativ.
I don't care. They're the police, the law inforcers, if someone was trying to force their hand they should have been dealt with. The police have gone rogue and tabloid. Not their role.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
O/T

Your post could have been written by me, except that I’m not on HRT.
Insomnia is so debilitating. I just want to sleep but I’m wide awake.
The fear of dementia is awful. The brain fog is so real.
I’ve lost count of the times I’ve been mid sentence and forgotten what I was saying. It’s embarrassing.
Even posting on here, I can sometimes lose track of what I was posting about and have to delete it unfinished.

That said compared to many, my peri menopause isn’t too bad. I’m not having mood swings and hot flushes are few and far between. Flooding isn’t much fun and my headaches/migraines have notched up a gear and take me out for a couple of days at a time.

Sorry to hear about your mum. I think someone said earlier that as women hit peri, many are dealing with caring for ageing parents too. It’s a double whammy.

We also need a menopause insomnia thread because at 3am there’s not many Tattlers about! 😁
It actually helps to know that others have experienced the dementia thoughts. I’m not on HRT now, Mum passed away and I think I’m coming out the other side of menopause. I’m still not the person I was and I doubt I’ll ever get that person back.
Definitely need an insomniac thread 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The latest statement from Nicolas family saying about people trying to sell stories - I don't think the police had a choice in releasing these details. It was either that or some sicko would make money selling gossip about the poor woman. And their plea to her to get in touch💔 can't begin to imagine what they're going through.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I know right? When you put it like that, it really is COMPLETELY ridiculous that this has been splashed everywhere. I am so mad for her, and this whole situation - a treasured mummy, sister, partner and friend reduced to a bumbling, menopausal drunk.
I want her to come and read tattle where (for the most part) she absolutely has not been reduced to that AT ALL. Here, Nicola has been met with an outpouring of empathy, kindness, similar experiences, and understanding.

It’s times like this that I’m PROUD to be a tattler.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
It was Emma White, Nicola's friend that knows Dan Walker

Reactions: 6
It actually helps to know that others have experienced the dementia thoughts. I’m not on HRT now, Mum passed away and I think I’m coming out the other side of menopause. I’m still not the person I was and I doubt I’ll ever get that person back.
Definitely need an insomniac thread 👍🏻
I noticed one on mumsnet the other night! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Must say ladies (and gents ) out of all outlets I have read regarding Nicola ,tattle has come up trumps for being so mindful and respectful and a real lovely place to be
Reading people’s worries about menopause and others sharing experiences and helping put some minds at ease has just been the nicest thing to read
I’m 39 and think early symptoms and signs are happening
So thank you tattle
Thank you for being the place I chose to come back to over and over again over any other social news outlet ❤❤❤❤

Nicola I pray for your safe return home
Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed
Take your time
Just please let your babies know your well that’s all I want you to do
We are all here waiting for you with open arms ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.