Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update 16/2/23
Please read the Wiki for all updates prior to 15/2/23 - this will be updated to include yesterday's recap

Following the press conference and statement yesterday from Lancashire Police, Nicola's family have today released a family statement

Image 16-02-2023 at 16.02.jpg

Please keep Nicola's family in mind with your posts. Nicola's two daughters are at the heart of this, and will one day be old enough to read these pages.

The support and respect within these threads between posters, and towards those sharing personal lived-experiences has been second to none. Thank you all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
The could have received a phone call from her but she asked for it to be kept confidential!
See, I’m not sure what the family expects the police to do if they do somehow find that she has chosen to leave. Presumably Nicola may say “I don’t want to return at this moment (and possibly in the future)” and then what… they explain it to the family and the family just nod their heads and leave her alone? I sort of doubt it tbh, I think it would be great for them to know she’s alive and well but I don’t think they would be happy with the overall result. They’re pushing very heavily in the media that she should come back as it is

Reactions: 14
I’m only in my early thirties and I had no idea the menopause could be like this I just expected it to be like a bad period (I have hot flushes when I’m on), so thank you to everyone that’s shared bits of information I appreciate it x

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I’m only in my early thirties and I had no idea the menopause could be like this I just expected it to be like a bad period (I have hot flushes when I’m on), so thank you to everyone that’s shared bits of information I appreciate it x
It's not like that for everyone and it's not as soon for everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Shattering. Isn’t it.

I just wonder why the bloody hell they let Faulding off on a wild goose chase for ‘burial sites’. It really led people in the direction of third party involvement and possible abduction/murder when the reality is much more believable and relatable (absconsion/accident/suicide). I know he’s not flavour of the month here for good reason, but I really feel like he has been done a bit dirty too.

I get that they were trying to protect her privacy. Unfortunately the huge media push and disagreement with the direction the police were taking has led all this to come out. I am sure it was all well intentioned. It’s just so sad for all involved.

There has been so much love and support for Nicola. I’d love to hear she has ben in touch with police to say she’s ok and the case gets closed.

I hope everyone here is ok. 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Us women eh? Expected to work like we don’t have kids, parent like we don’t have a job, go through multiple bodily life changes but expect it to be hidden, and somehow feel pressured into presenting picture perfect lives and picture perfect bodies. God forbid we start to struggle with any aspect of life in general, or we might end up succumbing to our own downfall 🙄 the British media are absolutely abhorrent and have stamped the tit all over woman’s rights and respect. Massive massive regression right there.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 365
The police have handled this poorly.

If they had not done so many press conferences when they had no new information then I believe interest would have died down eventually, the TikTokkers would have found something new to obsess over and the Police could have got on with the job.

Instead they’ve drip fed little bits of information - information that was obviously was going to grab people’s attention in wanting to know more. The press conference yesterday was a mistake.

I feel so sorry for Nicola if she has indeed taken herself off that this very personal information is out there for everyone to see.

Reactions: 28
I found red clover to be of huge benefit especially in the early stages in dropper form from H&B. Nothing prepares you for the hot flashes and sleep deprivation, I'm lucky I've come out the other side now thank goodness.

Reactions: 19
Gobby number 2 is back

"In a strongly-worded attack, Mr Williams-Thomas criticised their decision to initially withhold details of missing mother Nicola Bulley's vulnerable state which seriously hampered the search for her - only to then leave her family in turmoil by revealing it after interest in the case had been allowed to mushroom."

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I just wonder why the bloody hell they let Faulding off on a wild goose chase for ‘burial sites’.
It sounded like he did it himself tbh. He said he had a frank talk with the family about it and they agreed or something along those lines

It’s also sort of funny that people have been criticising the police for using it to say that she couldn’t have walked out or been kidnapped or murdered based on that but then the likes of Peter suggest that they would have discounted some theories based on that and altered their search too. It’s all for a reason but… a bit ironic

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Us women eh? Expected to work like we don’t have kids, parent like we don’t have a job, go through multiple bodily life changes but expect it to be hidden, and somehow feel pressured into presenting picture perfect lives and picture perfect bodies. God forbid we start to struggle with any aspect of life in general, or we might end up succumbing to our own downfall 🙄 the British media are absolutely abhorrent and have stamped the tit all over woman’s rights and respect. Massive massive regression right there.
Exactly this. The fall from grace has been terrifying and eye opening. It went from 'loving mother: how tragic' to 'alcoholic: well probably was on the wine for breakfast and fell in river' in about an hour. No grace or sympathy. It's disgraceful

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 133
Gobby number 2 is back

"In a strongly-worded attack, Mr Williams-Thomas criticised their decision to initially withhold details of missing mother Nicola Bulley's vulnerable state which seriously hampered the search for her - only to then leave her family in turmoil by revealing it after interest in the case had been allowed to mushroom."

When I spoke to the police early yesterday before lunch and I said to them: 'Listen, I have information that something has gone on in the family... there have been emergency services call at the address, what are you going to do about it? Can you please confirm if that's true or not?
So I can report on it but then blame you for failing to maintain her confidentiality 🥰

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Really don't like this menopausal alcoholic mentally unstable narrative they're pushing. Like she's some sort of crazy lady. She could be suffering with all that and more and still have been abducted. Perpetrators don't discriminate. Easy to assume someone might act a certain way because they have issues to deal with. One of many many possibilities.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Read up on what you can so you’re prepared. Hopefully it will be a breeze for you.

I would recommend Meg Matthews book 'Meg's Menopause' to anyone, it’s full of useful info but her supplements didn’t work for me.

ITDH - Do you think we could have a bit in the signposting bit Wiki for for others? Happy to help although I don’t know how to do wikis and THANK YOU for the threads 🙏🏽

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I found red clover to be of huge benefit especially in the early stages in dropper form from H&B. Nothing prepares you for the hot flashes and sleep deprivation, I'm lucky I've come out the other side now thank goodness.
I feel a little bit thick because I genuinely had no idea what happened during it, these threads have been a real eye opener (sorry Nicola) x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Exactly this. The fall from grace has been terrifying and eye opening. It went from 'loving mother: how tragic' to 'alcoholic: well probably was on the wine for breakfast and fell in river' in about an hour. No grace or sympathy. It's disgraceful
Misogyny. As long as women are “perfect”, look after their families with a smile on their face, no complaining, put on a perfect front on social media - then all is well. The second a woman stumbles, has some problems - Crazy! Alcoholic! Oh and we’ve now been reduced to a bodily function with various articles and places calling us menstruators instead of female or a woman (not every woman has periods, or has a womb btw, hysterectomy is a thing and so is the menopause) I just feel like as @avabella said, it’s a massive step back. The amount of women suffering abuse & getting murdered is at an all time high too.
Feel quite sad about it all

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 113
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.