Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading between the lines with the family's statement it seems they support the police's decision to release the information about Nicola because of the online speculation as well as the threats to sell stories.
The statement also seems to be supportive of Paul in my opinion. They're pleading with people to stop speculating about their life and relationship.
Yes i took the same from that statement they want to make it VERY clear that it's all the menopause and not Paul that led to Nicola's crisis .

It felt a bit like saying we don't mind saying she had women's problems but to say she was drinking is crossing the line.

The police and welfare officer that attended the incident at home on the 10th though I doubt would be their just because of the menopause.
(obviously I could be wrong)

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I don't care. They're the police, the law inforcers, if someone was trying to force their hand they should have been dealt with. The police have gone rogue and tabloid. Not their role.
This, absolutely this!! I’m tired of seeing the police’s poor handling of Nicola’s private information yesterday being blamed on reporters or whatsisface ‘backing them into a corner’. They are the police, they should be able to withstand pressure from the media and do what’s best for the investigation and the family/missing person.

They should have refused to comment when he asked them about it. Let the dick run his salacious article and let him take the flack for releasing such private information. They could then follow up with a well worded statement from the family if necessary. Stay respectful and show integrity.

Instead it’s entirely backfired on the police, most of the public don’t even know who Mark is so this won’t be his downfall, and the police are now the ones who have lost yet more trust from the public and under investigation from their own watchdog. Excellent work 👏🏻

And that’s if it’s actually the real reason the police bought up ‘vulnerabilities’ in the first place. Honestly it’s my belief they couldn’t stand the criticism (even if the criticism is unjustified) and wanted to shift the blame/focus elsewhere. They supposedly find the speculations a distraction and detrimental to the case but they - and them alone - are the ones responsible for yesterday’s shitstorm. They are the ones that pulled the trigger on that information going public. The public reaction and media storm the past 36hrs is entirely on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wish people would leave the family alone. I know there are good intentions here but surely this is not the right time.
Like you say, good intentions but a bit cringy.

I think a trip to Chter zoo will be on hold for now.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
As we’re sharing our menopause experiences…

My Mum started the menopause at 39 and she was a absolute nightmare, she would just leave the house walk for miles we would drive around the streets looking for her. She was angry shouted constantly at us really nastily! I need to add she’s wasnt like this before she was calm and rational she was a serving Policewoman it totally changed her personality for a couple of years 😢.

I on the other hand had a period just before my 40th birthday and never anything again menopause done , no hot flushes, no mood swings, nothing!

Anyway back on track MTW has a lot to answer for!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1965160
As far as I can tell, these are the only ones that go out to sea in this area, not sure which one the poster could be referring to 🤷🏻‍♀️
There’s other rivers she could have gone to as well. On this map there’s The Grapes pub shown which is near where Nicola disappeared, the river flows left on this map out to sea BUT she could have equally gone inland too.

I was struck by how many waterways there were there. I know logically she should go out to sea but I hope she’s caught up and is found soon for her family’s sake.

000DB525-918F-4B33-9A97-719A89E8E193.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 8
If it amazes you how Nicola can just disappear “into thin air” check this lady who has been missing 6 months last seen in a public park. It’s a shame this lady hasn’t had the coverage that Nicola has had.

I’m from Bristol and the police hardly released any info about her disappearance other than she’d disappeared until last week when they released this:

It would appear that they believe she’s “run away” or committed suicide.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Wish people would leave the family alone. I know there are good intentions here but surely this is not the right time.
This is just too intrusive, maybe well meant but I'm sure those kids have plenty of support and resources from the adults in their lives who know what they need. Actually now I think of it more, this post feels like trying to get a little too close to the family for comfort. They should be left alone

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How do I teach my daughter this, she still gives me a scalding when I curse (never at her 😂).

I raised her to be too polite.

*Edit, I hit reply to the wrong quote
Teach her what all the naughty words are and make a joke of it, say this is something that happens but in our house when the door's locked and nobody outside can hear ❤🤭 if I cursed at home, my boy would grass me up to his Nanna if she was round. But then it worked after a bit, if he heard a swear word in the street he'd say 'That's an at home word intit Mum' and laugh.
He did think it a brilliant game one summer was to run in from the garden to Mum shouting 'Knickers, Knockers, knackers Nanny' then run out again while she was sat on the sofa, I think he'd mastered the teachings of Mother by then, she thought it was hilarious! He's 31 now and never swears outside the front door. Xx

• Heart
I have no idea!

I swear all the time in general conversation, but never ever around my kids. My eldest is 15 now and he’s never sworn around me. I think if I didn’t also have a 4 year old, I’d be more relaxed about my language now but I’m still so careful at home because the littlest hears *everything*

I’m trying to force myself to use some (mild) swears around my eldest but I just can’t do it, which my friends think is bleeping hilarious as they’re using to me swearing all the time 🤣
Oh I used to have self control. I don't swear like a sailor but the pandemic screwed me over when there was nowhere to be away from anyone.

This mummy forgot what fudge and sugar were for sure 🙈😆
---
Teach her what all the naughty words are and make a joke of it, say this is something that happens but in our house when the door's locked and nobody outside can hear ❤🤭 if I cursed at home, my boy would grass me up to his Nanna if she was round. But then it worked after a bit, if he heard a swear word in the street he'd say 'That's an at home word intit Mum' and laugh.
He did think it a brilliant game one summer was to run in from the garden to Mum shouting 'Knickers, Knockers, knackers Nanny' then run out again while she was sat on the sofa, I think he'd mastered the teachings of Mother by then, she thought it was hilarious! He's 31 now and never swears outside the front door. Xx
Oh she is still going to glare at me even when she is in her forties.

Although she does love to laugh at the word "balls" any time she hears it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh I used to have self control. I don't swear like a sailor but the pandemic screwed me over when there was nowhere to be away from anyone.

This mummy forgot what fudge and sugar were for sure 🙈😆
---

Oh she is still going to glare at me even when she is in her forties.

Although she does love to laugh at the word "balls" any time she hears it 😂
God love her 🤣❤ son still remembers it now, how cheeky he was to his Nan, I just call it alternative parenting to get the required result in the end 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This, absolutely this!! I’m tired of seeing the police’s poor handling of Nicola’s private information yesterday being blamed on reporters or whatsisface ‘backing them into a corner’. They are the police, they should be able to withstand pressure from the media and do what’s best for the investigation and the family/missing person.

They should have refused to comment when he asked them about it. Let the dick run his salacious article and let him take the flack for releasing such private information. They could then follow up with a well worded statement from the family if necessary. Stay respectful and show integrity.

Instead it’s entirely backfired on the police, most of the public don’t even know who Mark is so this won’t be his downfall, and the police are now the ones who have lost yet more trust from the public and under investigation from their own watchdog. Excellent work 👏🏻

And that’s if it’s actually the real reason the police bought up ‘vulnerabilities’ in the first place. Honestly it’s my belief they couldn’t stand the criticism (even if the criticism is unjustified) and wanted to shift the blame/focus elsewhere. They supposedly find the speculations a distraction and detrimental to the case but they - and them alone - are the ones responsible for yesterday’s shitstorm. They are the ones that pulled the trigger on that information going public. The public reaction and media storm the past 36hrs is entirely on them.
From what I’ve read from NB’s parents and loved ones, it was because people were threatening to sell stories on Nicola. Unfortunately the police can’t stop that and perhaps they wanted to address it themselves, rather than letting these despicable people get there first and make things up, along with profiting from it. I think they were stuck between a rock and hard place, forced on them by utter low life’s.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I’m from Bristol and the police hardly released any info about her disappearance other than she’d disappeared until last week when they released this:

It would appear that they believe she’s “run away” or committed suicide.
I can't even remember hearing about her. My god, 6 months. That must be torturous for her family.

I wonder why the reporting of these cases has been so different?

• Sad
Reactions: 20
my friend told her little boy he could swear when he was 16. Worked a treat cause he doesn't swear at all but will actively tell us (he's 10) that he can swear in 6 more years 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
There’s other rivers she could have gone to as well. On this map there’s The Grapes pub shown which is near where Nicola disappeared, the river flows left on this map out to sea BUT she could have equally gone inland too.

I was struck by how many waterways there were there. I know logically she should go out to sea but I hope she’s caught up and is found soon for her family’s sake.

View attachment 1965322
They said at the press conference though, that The Grapes has CCTV both ways she she didn’t go past on either aspect or across the road?

Reactions: 2
my friend told her little boy he could swear when he was 16. Worked a treat cause he doesn't swear at all but will actively tell us (he's 10) that he can swear in 6 more years 😂 😂
Brilliant! They're funny aren't they. Has anyone asked him what his favourite word will be once he's 16?? 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I believe they have released such information to stop stories being sold. It’s better coming from the police/family, than a spiteful newspaper.
IF Nicola is still alive, it’s been revealed in the kindest manner. Imagine what stories/lies people could sell just for a bit of money, that could tip her over the edge once and for all

ETA, it’s interesting the Lancs police have referred themselves to the watchdog over the 10th Jan incident and how it was dealt with since then
It wasn’t done in a kind manner though. In the press conference it was said for the first time ever that she had a number of vulnerabilities that meant she was deemed a high risk missing person. There was no suggestion at that stage the police had been forced to give out that nugget of information.

We then saw how the media in that room reacted to that one bit of info out of everything else that was said. The torch paper had been lit.

A few hours later, the below is the wording from lancs police own website. Again, no mention at all that they were releasing this info because of their hand being forced. What was stopping them from saying ‘it’s with regret we now have to release private information about Nicola however we have learned that the media were going to run a ‘paid for’ story and with agreement with the family we would prefer the facts to come directly from us. Blah blah blah’. Far more respectful, if that was really the driving force behind it.

So Police being forced to do this is bullshit, IMO. And even if it is true, the still fucked up the narrative.

We have described how Nicola had some vulnerabilities at the time she went missing and we just wanted to expand on that a little.

Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months. This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.

As a result of those issues, a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on January 10th. No one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.

It is an unusual step for us to take to go into this level of detail about someone’s private life, but we felt it was important to clarify what we meant when we talked about vulnerabilities to avoid any further speculation or misinterpretation.

It wasn’t done in a kind manner though. In the press conference it was said for the first time ever that she had a number of vulnerabilities that meant she was deemed a high risk missing person. There was no suggestion at that stage the police had been forced to give out that nugget of information.

We then saw how the media in that room reacted to that one bit of info out of everything else that was said. The torch paper had been lit.

A few hours later, the below is the wording from lancs police own website. Again, no mention at all that they were releasing this info because of their hand being forced. What was stopping them from saying ‘it’s with regret we now have to release private information about Nicola however we have learned that the media were going to run a ‘paid for’ story and with agreement with the family we would prefer the facts to come directly from us. Blah blah blah’. Far more respectful, if that was really the driving force behind it.

So Police being forced to do this is bullshit, IMO. And even if it is true, the still fucked up the narrative.

We have described how Nicola had some vulnerabilities at the time she went missing and we just wanted to expand on that a little.

Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months. This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.

As a result of those issues, a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on January 10th. No one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.

It is an unusual step for us to take to go into this level of detail about someone’s private life, but we felt it was important to clarify what we meant when we talked about vulnerabilities to avoid any further speculation or misinterpretation.
No one said the police were forced to do so. It could be that after discussions with the family, they thought it was best to be proactive rather than reactive to awful stories being released in the press. The family seem to believe NB is still alive and obviously want to protect her as much as possible. IMO it’s better coming out in this way, than in a tabloid.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, however I doubt we will ever know the true reasons for info being released. It’s all just speculation x

ETA - I think the family statement also support why the police revealed what they did. Just my opinion.

Reactions: 13
It's actually quite bloody scary tbh, a woman's disappearance completely hijacked by a bunch weirdos and amateur sleuths.
I feel the police were damned whichever route they went down. I think all the parties involved should have just released that Nicola was a vulnerable person and it should have been left like that. I'm guessing the family wanted it kept quiet and possibly pressured the partner because of that slight chance that she'd just taken herself off and didn't want people to stop looking out for her. Just my thoughts.
Yes, all of this.
From the off it was made out she was happy, this was out of character and there was no clue why she’d suddenly disappear. The press were thinking abusive partner, juicy story incoming, latched on and blew it up to damn huge proportions. There was really no need.
The police know if she was drunk or hungover that morning. The police will know if she’s gone off before. The police will know if she threatened to harm herself before. This is how they came to the conclusion she is most likely in the river - accident or otherwise - and they have always said “ most likely “ but not ruled out other scenarios, it’s just this is the most probable.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.