Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I’ve read from NB’s parents and loved ones, it was because people were threatening to sell stories on Nicola. Unfortunately the police can’t stop that and perhaps they wanted to address it themselves, rather than letting these despicable people get there first and make things up, along with profiting from it. I think they were stuck between a rock and hard place, forced on them by utter low life’s.
Something needs to be done to stop this happening. A new law or something. It will be the Scum or Daily Fail. Absolute lowlifes of society.

Reactions: 8
I’m confused… can someone clarify the link between Emma and Dan Walker please? I have seen they were photographed together, but have seen many others too of Emma with other people from Strictly. I assumed she just went to see them on tour??
From the wiki x

Emma White, Nicola's friend, has media links. Her Father in Law is Stewart White who was a journalist / presenter on BBC Look East. She knows Dan Walker who was, until recently, a BBC breakfast presenter before moving to Channel 5.
Peter Faulding is friends with Alan Carr (chatty man), and it was Mark Williams-Thomas who asked him to approach Nicola's family to aid the search (credit to @da1sycha1n for this info)

Reactions: 3
Because as much as it may gall them, they have to keep the media onside.
So now Nicola’s private information is just a pawn in the game between police and media? Not good enough (them, if that’s the reason - not you).

Reactions: 9
Something needs to be done to stop this happening. A new law or something. It will be the Scum or Daily Fail. Absolute lowlifes of society.
I think saying people wanting to sell stories will make the Daily Mail and pond life tabloids try and seek out these people now.

Reactions: 9
What I don't get if she was such an alcoholic why was her partner ok with her driving the car and kids to school very weird.
There is nothing to suggest this was the case. Also at no point has she been described as ‘such an alcoholic’

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I had to stop my HRT to allow the gynaecologist to investigate my early menopause after a GP diagnosing it without referring me in the first instance. I was only 38 with no family history so should never have just been put on HRT without further testing. To cut a long story short, I do not know how I survived that time period. I was a basket case, brain fog, day and night sweats, low mood, crippling anxiety, heart palpitations and being a working mum on the 2 or 3 hours of sleep I managed to get a night. I used to drive to work and pray someone would crash into me or fantasise about driving into a brick wall. I ended up on antidepressants, beta blockers and sleeping tablets till I was able to go back on it. I don’t think it can be overstated how horrendous menopause can be for some women. My heart goes out to Nicola

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I think saying people wanting to sell stories will make the Daily Mail and pond life tabloids try and seek out these people now.
From what I understand it was Mark Williams-Thomas who was going to sell the story after he got it from somewhere. He's had numerous articles/interviews published today about it. Judging by Wikipedia/his Twitter he doesn't seem to have an exclusive contract with anyone so he's free to trot around all the outlets. It's also telling that no one seems to have tracked down a neighbour or friend who would speak about it - just him

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Just because someone doesn’t say something as soon as it enters their head doesn’t invalidate it. They were probably trying to keep the family out of it, but that didn’t work either because there are still plenty of vultures circling. They probably would have wanted to give an indication that Nicola is vulnerable or they were coming for her welfare from the first time it was publicised, but the family obviously prevented that. The police can’t win either way. Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
They are senior police officers holding a press conference for an extremely high profile case. Of course it matters the timing and wording of information they release, especially when the purpose was supposedly to prevent further speculation. They have to take some responsibility.

Reactions: 3
There is nothing to suggest this was the case. Also at no point has she been described as ‘such an alcoholic’
Ok they said she was having problems with alcohol consumption the police were out the week before for a welfare check so there was concerns . Something has gone wrong I've had MH problems myself on and off when I was very poorly I wasn't left alone to get on with things.

Reactions: 1
It was mentioned before that she was classed as high risk so the information wasn't new. Part of that classification are vulnerabilities, so if anyone had looked at it early on... well. I'd argue that there's a good chance the media ignored it because it would have killed their story about all the outlandish theories people were coming up with. The whole case seems to be a bit of a perfect storm

Reactions: 14
From what I understand it was Mark Williams-Thomas who was going to sell the story after he got it from somewhere. He's had numerous articles/interviews published today about it. Judging by Wikipedia/his Twitter he doesn't seem to have an exclusive contract with anyone so he's free to trot around all the outlets. It's also telling that no one seems to have tracked down a neighbour or friend who would speak about it - just him
That’s interesting I wonder if he has an inside source at the police station.

Reactions: 5
I think the hormonal role in MH isn't well enough researched. Many women in psychiatric settings get put on the pill/injection so there's minimal bleeding but then the team wonders why the patient mood dips and gets worse. I've had to increase my antidepressants double because I have to take hormones for adneomyosis pain. I've even had intrusive thoughts which I haven't had for years.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
For someone who hasn't followed this that closely, why is this the story that has dominated the headlines and not the myriad of other disappearances per year?

Reactions: 6
Ok they said she was having problems with alcohol consumption the police were out the week before for a welfare check so there was concerns . Something has gone wrong I've had MH problems myself on and off when I was very poorly I wasn't left alone to get on with things.
Yes, the police statement said issues with alcohol. It also said there was a concern for welfare visit.

That’s all any of us know. There’s no suggestion that she drove while under the influence of alcohol, with or without her children; or that she’d even had a drink that day or the night before.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I had to stop my HRT to allow the gynaecologist to investigate my early menopause after a GP diagnosing it without referring me in the first instance. I was only 38 with no family history so should never have just been put on HRT without further testing. To cut a long story short, I do not know how I survived that time period. I was a basket case, brain fog, day and night sweats, low mood, crippling anxiety, heart palpitations and being a working mum on the 2 or 3 hours of sleep I managed to get a night. I used to drive to work and pray someone would crash into me or fantasise about driving into a brick wall. I ended up on antidepressants, beta blockers and sleeping tablets till I was able to go back on it. I don’t think it can be overstated how horrendous menopause can be for some women. My heart goes out to Nicola
I can imagine it’s awful. And these to have the added pressure of family and friends and how it impacts them Also. You can see how a women gets to the point of feeling their family is better off without them. It’s so sad . More support is needed especially on the work front

Reactions: 5
It appears MWT and Faulding may have been cut off. Not entirely sure about this but Faulding says he couldn't get in touch with Paul, one of the statements reads that FLO are supporting Paul.
I wonder if they've felt a little put out and decided to push the police to release this info. I don't know obviously but it kinda looks like it.

Reactions: 7
Thank you, but honestly I’m not. I’m just a mum who felt that this could so easily be me. I have two children, I walk the dog when they’re at school and childcare.

I said quite early on in all of this that if I disappeared tomorrow my mental health struggles would be assumed as the reason, but that wouldn’t be it. I wouldn’t want everyone to give up on me and just assume the worst.

None of us know what’s happened to Nicola. We may never know. Frankly it’s not even our right to know.

As long as her loved ones get the answers, that’s what matters.

Tattle threads won’t change that, but this little corner of the internet brings people together in such an amazing way.

The information in the recaps is only really collated by me, it’s everyone here that contributes to it. The support and the shared experiences over these 12 threads has made people - including me - feel less alone and that’s no small thing. I’ve got far more out of it than I’ve put in.

Tattle gets slated by influencers but that’s because they don’t understand the kindness here ❤
You’ve summed that up perfectly. I feel exactly the same way about if I ever went missing. It’s actually scary!!
Tattle gets a bad rep…some threads on here are full of bullies but all the threads I’ve ever been on have been fair and supportive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m intrigued how this may work. Let’s say someone in the village gave mark this info. Did mark pay them for it?

Mark (however he got the info) went to the police to confirm or deny. They release their own statement to get the info out before mark, because he was going to sell the story he acquired to a paper.

Mark doesn’t sell the story but now has lots of media appearances about the information the police have released.

I don’t know what the answer is because I think it’s sick that journalists go digging for info but police getting ahead of them in a poorly worded rushed statement doesn’t stop him making money from it anyway. The media still ‘win’.

and for the time being I still don’t believe this was the police motivation anyway.

Reactions: 6
I will say I'm surprised just how untrustworthy some are of the police. I don't think I've seen this before with any other case. Is it some weird impact of COVID and those conspiracies or have I missed something here?

I understand the mistrust of police with some other issues, but their case work is generally pretty decent

• Haha
Has anyone been on the contraceptive pill right up until the menopause?
I’m not sure where my body’s at. Had a baby at 40. Now 42 and back on the contraceptive pill. I’m happy enough, can I just stay like this please ( 😆 menopause sounds truly awful but thank you everyone for being so open, this thread has been so informative ! ) xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.