Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes it was pretty important. Gabby being instagram famous helped for a start which meant people were reporting on the case. IIRC, the reason police knew Brian's journey home was because a girl on tiktok said she'd ran into him or something like that which meant police could verify that is he had been hitchhiking in that area.
There was a bunch of other stuff too that I can't remember but I followed it closely at the time because a YTer I watched covered it.

ETA: what I'm trying to get at is that the more people were talking about it the more people came forward with clues/info/footage etc but it was just a coincidence that it happened that way. They were travelling so it was already a bit mis matched and then it's a struggle for individual police forces to cross state lines and investigate so to speak. So she went missing in the midwest but was reported missing on the East coast. I'm probably not explaining it well but the reason the case was solved was because it was so wildly talked about across social media. Realistically, that couple wouldn't have known what to look for if it hadn't been for the SM coverage. It was a generic white van for the most part
Yeah, I accept that. I didn't follow the case, as it didn't interest me, but I have seen a couple of programmes about it and your points are absolutely valid.

Apologies - I let my personal irritation about social media "detectives" cloud my thinking.

Reactions: 3
If Paul was the one who disclosed the vulnerabilities to the police, why is he so conflicted with the river theory? Doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: 12
Yeah, I accept that. I didn't follow the case, as it didn't interest me, but I have seen a couple of programmes about it and your points are absolutely valid.

Apologies - I let my personal irritation about social media "detectives" cloud my thinking.
I agree with and I think that's the problem, because it did help in that case and it was a crowd sourced, now everyone seems to think every case is the same or really wants to be the person who cracked it. The Idaho murders was the same. Someone got arrested for defamation after accusing a completely innocent person (a professor I think) of the murder. It's really frustrating and I think the GP case fuelled the fire

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm not saying this to be controversial, but I genuinely think it would be better for her kids in the long run if she was no longer alive, rather than having willingly abandoned them and done a disappearing act for whatever reason.
Closure is needed. Questions with no answers lead to a lifetime of pain. I have read countless devastating stories of families of victims of murder who are never found. The pain is unimaginable. Although we may not get all the answers about what happened to Nicola, they will hopefully get her body home at least. Hopefully her 6 year old won’t remember much of these days. The older child will probably not be so lucky.

Regarding these vulnerabilities... could she be pregnant?
I have considered this whilst scrolling her Facebook a few days ago. I discounted it though because I feel like it’s always announced if a woman is missing and pregnant. It’s not really a privacy thing if there is potentially an unborn child at risk.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
If Paul was the one who disclosed the vulnerabilities to the police, why is he so conflicted with the river theory? Doesn’t make sense.
Maybe cause he doesn't think she did it that way. He could believe she's committed suicide but not like that maybe?

• Sad
I did think when her family gave their first press conference that it was rather strange that her husband wasn’t part of it
Someone who had to look after the girls. I doubt the family would leave them with anyone, bearing in mind their mum had just gone missing. Or he may not have been up to speaking publicly?

Reactions: 11
Nearly the end of the thread and I have like 25 pages to catch up on! Very strange that they’ve only just now told us she is vulnerable. I hadn’t seen a whisper about mental health problems previously, but this heavily implies she’s going through something.

Reactions: 6
Maybe he thinks it more likely that she'd leave/disappear rather than anything else?
She could have done so previously.

In an early presser I thought I remembered the police (Sally) being asked if it was out of character for her (Nicola) to be missing and she kind of fudged the answer. But this might be completely misremembered.

Just watched the press conference, I didn’t have any issue with the way either of the Officers conducted themselves. It clearly needed to be said that the investigation is being hindered by folk contacting the Police with theories/speculation/possibly malice. The Police have always said (they do on the telly, I’ve never witnessed anything irl) that they should be the judge of what’s relevant so I’m assuming they’re referring to folk being deliberately distracting.

Some of the comments on Nicola’s Facebook posts left me feeling sick this morning (I wish I hadn’t looked, I felt grubby) and I’ve seen them on other pages too. I don’t understand doing that but I really really don’t get why you would contact the Police directly with absolutely no basis, knowing someone has to take the call, pass it on and it has to be ruled out. And people say Tattle’s scummy, at least hopefully people are keeping it here and the family would have to seek it out to see what’s written.

There are a lot of folk who are against the Police, with legitimate basis for a lot I’m sure. I would take the Police over shitrag press any day of the week personally! The SIO made it crystal clear she wasn’t going to expand on the specific vulnerabilities and they were asked twice by different journalists, including “I’ve had three texts in 5 minutes asking what the vulnerabilities are so would you not be better to stop speculation?” THEY fuel a lot of the speculation! Absolutely the Police need to be scrutinised and held to account but I’ve read so many articles saying the Police are sub-standard, they should have done this that and the other. I’ve no doubt they’ll go digging, with certain publications probably ramping up offers of money for people to spill what they know about Nicola (I’m looking at you, The Scum)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.