Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like this a million times if I could.

I said on the Real Life Crime & Murder thread recently that we need to stop giving these bleeping idiots the validation they crave. Watching the Dateline episode about the Idaho student murders, way too much time was given over to the "TikTok sleuths" as they called them - absolutely outrageous.

I am 49 years old. I do not want to "get with" TikTok especially when it appears to be just full of cunts.

Apologies for my language - it's just the mention of TikTok makes me as angry as Becky Smith at a press conference.
I think the issue is that social media was huge in solving the Gabby Petito case and now people think that every case is the same.

Reactions: 10
Saying
Where though? It’s not as simple as it sounds with all the practicalities. She’d need food, water, money, shelter. She had no transport and hasn’t been seen leaving the area despite thorough checks.
I was thinking that, she'd need money and police would be checking her accounts for use of it. A place to stay and where could she stay now with her face all over the media without someone telling the police. When they say she went into the water they mean on purpose. Not all suicide is thought out in advance, an intrusive thought can just come on suddenly from experience and you just act in the moment. I don't think the family wanted it out there what her vulnerabilities are but I think mental health.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Where though? It’s not as simple as it sounds with all the practicalities. She’d need food, water, money, shelter. She had no transport and hasn’t been seen leaving the area despite thorough checks.
I’m not an armchair detective , that’s just what I think. No explanation needed!

Reactions: 7
Saying

I was thinking that, she'd need money and police would be checking her accounts for use of it. A place to stay and where could she stay now with her face all over the media without someone telling the police. When they say she went into the water they mean on purpose. Not all suicide is thought out in advance, an intrusive thought can just come on suddenly from experience and you just act in the moment. I don't think the family wanted it out there what her vulnerabilities are but I think mental health.
Yes I agree sadly. Walking away would have to be pre planned realistically for her to still be safe and well after nearly three weeks, with someone helping her and providing for her. It sounds much more likely that it was spur of the moment thing. Walking away in the spur of the moment would be near impossible I’d imagine (and still not having been found). They could miss a body when searching but with a living person they’d constantly be needing food and water etc

Reactions: 9
I wish that Paul and the “others” had perhaps felt more comfortable regarding mental health and made this clear from the beginning because mental health is nothing to be ashamed of. I believe that this has turned into the circus it has because no one believed she was struggling with anything at all. It was almost like she had the perfect life.

From what we knew, Nikki had a picture perfect life, family, home, dog, pretty girl next door, plenty of friends etc etc and although no one deserves to be told this type of information about the vulnerability, it would have been a different outcome re the armchair detectives.

Most missing people don’t have this amount of time given to them and I believe that this case has gotten that because of friends in the media and the belief that something terrible had happened. It was never a case to most that she’d taken her own life. So many thought abduction and with PF yesterday, maybe murder.

This has turned into something that I hope we don’t see again. PF AND MWT should hang their heads in shame if they knew the truth about the vulnerability aspect but still vented and tried to drag the police under the bus.

I’m terribly upset today for NB but angry with others too. Much love tattlers because we don’t half get a bashing at times but this thread has been one of the nicest places these last few weeks xx

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Ee I hate seeing single shoes at the side of the road. My mind goes into overdrive wondering how it got there, is the owner okay, etc? I think it stems from seeing one on a grass verge when I was about 6. I can still recall it now - it was in the 70s and was a sandal with those big wooden wedged heels that were the fashion at the time. How did it get there? Who did it belong to? Funny the stuff that stays with you. 😳
Might not be appropriate but maybe give Tattlers a wee laugh

Also, hello, I've been lurking on these threads (catching up with everything after work) but whenever I see something like that I always sing this song from Glasgow comedians:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think the issue is that social media was huge in solving the Gabby Petito case and now people think that every case is the same.
Was it though? I appreciate there was a huge social media campaign to find her but, in the end, it was down to a couple who had footage of the van which led to the finding of her body. Ok, so they were editing for their YouTube channel but still? Just pure luck really.

You know, when I was seven, I used to go and stay with my cousins, who lived in the countryside, for a couple of weeks in the summer and we would go out into the wild every day, looking for adventures, because I wanted to be like my idols, the Five Find Outers & Dog. We would go poking around disused buildings and I would genuinely hope that some mystery was going to present itself for us to solve (or that I'd find a Magic Faraway Tree obvs)

That's what it seems to me these social media fuckwits are doing - difference is I was a kid who read too much Enid Blyton and they are grown adults, desperate to interject themselves into a police investigation.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I dismissed the idea that it was Emma in the CCTV before but I've just looked again and the eye area looks so much like her I'm convinced it's her. Maybe they had an argument the night before and it got out of hand and Paul did something and Emma is covering for him, they told the kids Emma would take them to school because Nicola had to go somewhere early for work or something while Paul set up the walk theory

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I dismissed the idea that it was Emma in the CCTV before but I've just looked again and the eye area looks so much like her I'm convinced it's her. Maybe they had an argument the night before and it got out of hand and Paul did something and Emma is covering for him, they told the kids Emma would take them to school because Nicola had to go somewhere early for work or something while Paul set up the walk theory
What about the people in the playground and dog walking who knew Nicola and actually spoke to her that morning? Are they all in on this ludicrous idea you’ve got as well? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Was it though? I appreciate there was a huge social media campaign to find her but, in the end, it was down to a couple who had footage of the van which led to the finding of her body. Ok, so they were editing for their YouTube channel but still? Just pure luck really.

You know, when I was seven, I used to go and stay with my cousins for a couple of weeks in the summer and we would go out into the wild every day, looking for adventures, because I wanted to be like my idols, the Five Find Outers & Dog. We would go poking around disused buildings and I would genuinely hope that some mystery was going to present itself for us to solve (or that I'd find a Magic Faraway Tree obvs)

That's what it seems to me these social media fuckwits are doing - difference is I was a kid who read too much Enid Blyton and they are grown adults, desperate to interject themselves into a police investigation.
Yes it was pretty important. Gabby being instagram famous helped for a start which meant people were reporting on the case. IIRC, the reason police knew Brian's journey home was because a girl on tiktok said she'd ran into him or something like that which meant police could verify that is he had been hitchhiking in that area.
There was a bunch of other stuff too that I can't remember but I followed it closely at the time because a YTer I watched covered it.

ETA: what I'm trying to get at is that the more people were talking about it the more people came forward with clues/info/footage etc but it was just a coincidence that it happened that way. They were travelling so it was already a bit mis matched and then it's a struggle for individual police forces to cross state lines and investigate so to speak. So she went missing in the midwest but was reported missing on the East coast. I'm probably not explaining it well but the reason the case was solved was because it was so wildly talked about across social media. Realistically, that couple wouldn't have known what to look for if it hadn't been for the SM coverage. It was a generic white van for the most part

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Did you watch the press conference?

Reactions: 10
🤦🏻‍♀️ This is so easily disproved that it’s absurd that people are still suggesting it as a possible theory.

Police: “Who took you to school today, kids?”
kids: “Emma”
Police: “Was mummy there too?”
kids: “No, just Emma”.

Done. Cover story blown. Both arrested.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
🙈🙈🙈 I just have no words! I honestly don’t want to be rude but you can’t believe this really, or are you joking and I‘m just slow to catch on?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think they would have just been upfront that those were the vulnerabilities. In the questions at the end, she said the family made these vulnerabilities known to them and they want to respect the family's privacy, which suggests it's other, more sensitive information .
Thanks, as I wasn't quite sure! X

• Heart
Reactions: 3

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Very good point but I get the feeling there is some background that made them act so quickly. It is weird they aren't saying that she had suffered from MH or the like as I've seen that said before when a person has gone missing. It's been purposely kept quiet.
Yes with normal missing person you have to wait 24 hrs they worked real quick presumable because of undisclosed vulnerabilities 😞

Reactions: 3
Yeah?? 🤔
Gee I think you may be on to something here 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes with normal missing person you have to wait 24 hrs they worked real quick presumable because of undisclosed vulnerabilities 😞
You dont need to wait 24 hours, my son went missing as an adult, first time and not vulnerable. I reported it the same day when I couldnt get hold of him and none of his friends could either.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
To be honest, after that presser, I think she just fell in. However I don't think all was well at home either. It's absolutely tragic. I really hope her family can get through this.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.