Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t see it like that, it’s not our business and could cause even more hurtful gossip for her family/loved ones. Also NB has a right to privacy, especially where her vulnerabilities/health are concerned. It’s a missing person case not a mental health conference and I say that as someone who’s suffered with severe depression.
I think that’s exactly it. For example if she’s had a history of low level mental health issues, further triggered by recent relationship issues or suchlike, then if this had been revealed at the beginning, imagine how people would have been gunning for Paul. It might also explain the lack of cohesion between Paul and her parents.
Whatever the reason it’s quite clear it’s not news to Paul.

In my line of work MH ( high risk) issues cover a variety of issues including self harm, previous threat/ attempt to self harm, putting self / others at risk, alcohol, drugs, anxiety, depression, personality disorders etc.
---
Would also explain why her parents and sister seem to be keeping their distance from her partner and anything that he says - if they’re blaming him for her potential suicide or disappearance because (for example) he’s cheated on her or something, they will barely be able to look at him. Very much JUST A THEORY though based on how people are coming across.
I agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think the issue is that social media was huge in solving the Gabby Petito case and now people think that every case is the same.
It wasn't really because it was clear from the start she (Gabby Petito) had come to harm and equally clear that her partner had something to do with it.

Reactions: 2
No, too personal to share. Imagine if she is found and the entire nation knows personal info? Or her children grow up known as the girls whose mum xyz
It’s not as if they’re saying she’s a danger to others, in which case it would be relevant.
If we recall the first news conference with the last lady investigator - it was subtly hinted at that there were MH / personal issues as one reporter asked her at the end.
She said words to the effect of “ it’s not relevant at this time” but I think what she meant was it’s not relevant to the journalists at that time.

Reactions: 8
Paul, Emma, Peter, and any other gob shite who wanted to be on camera and have their moment are looking like right busy body know nowts.

Paul isn’t going to come out of this as the much loved partner, shits going to hit the fan

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Where though? It’s not as simple as it sounds with all the practicalities. She’d need food, water, money, shelter. She had no transport and hasn’t been seen leaving the area despite thorough checks.
With respect if they knew where she was she wouldn’t be missing!

ETA what if someone helped her for example the caravan woman aka Mrs String she could be driven out of the caravan park undetected either in a van or backseat of a car!

Reactions: 7
I know there are exceptions to every rule and statistic. But it seems an odd method to jump in a river in an attempt to end yourself, especially for a women. It’s much more likely that she fell in accidentally

Reactions: 12
Honestly I don’t think there is a ‘norm’ for what happens before a suicide.

A lot of people that do kill themselves are totally at peace with what they are doing and carry on their normal every day lives until they decide it’s time. Some start living slightly differently and trying to say ‘final goodbyes’ and spend ‘final time’ with loved ones. But often nothing changes.

Sometimes it’s planned meticulously, sometimes it’s planned roughly, sometimes it’s a ‘duck it I’ve absolutely had enough of this I’m off’ in a sudden everything’s piling on top of me moment. Everyone’s reasons and circumstances are so unique but often people do carry on as usual until the very end.

I do totally agree though it could be suicide / Nicola walking away from her life I think other options shouldn’t be ruled out until Nicola / a body is found.

Something about her partner still doesn’t sit right about me :(
You are absolutely right about suicide, sometimes there is no warning to the outside world. That made me think of the London barrister who suddenly starting acting crazy and was shot by police. Loads of other examples. I don't have much opinion on this as I don't know anything so am not saying I think it was suicide, just feel for her loved ones. It does seem like she's not coming back though

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
People going mad on Twitter that Paul has changed his name on Facebook to Sam Beckett? I wonder would he have been advised by the police to do this? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I agree with @DellaC...

If she did enter the river at that point to end her life then surely she must have harmed herself prior i.e pills. I said this on a previous thread that that location just doesn't seem the place to ensure it happened

This is just so, so, sad 💔
And also we do know that it was a place that was incredibly familiar to her, so if she did want to pick a spot where she felt would likely be left alone … she was right :-(
It might not have been immediately near the bench. So incredibly sad 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I know there are exceptions to every rule and statistic. But it seems an odd method to jump in a river in an attempt to end yourself, especially for a women. It’s much more likely that she fell in accidentally
I'm going to out myself a bit here but I will put it in the spoiler

When I made plans to kill myself that was my method of choice. On really rainy/stormy days, the current in my local river is wild and it's well known that you won't survive it (my dad is into fishing). I'm not sure what the current/river is like there but it's not a totally out there method if you know about rivers and currents

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
The vulnerabilities + the preparation that morning doesn't sound good.

I never thought she'd attempted suicide but she may have been struggling with effective emotional regulation skills and impulsively jumped in.

It's all speculation still. The vulnerabilities may not even be hers; they may be because of her partner i.e. domestic violence.

Reactions: 11
I dismissed the idea that it was Emma in the CCTV before but I've just looked again and the eye area looks so much like her I'm convinced it's her. Maybe they had an argument the night before and it got out of hand and Paul did something and Emma is covering for him, they told the kids Emma would take them to school because Nicola had to go somewhere early for work or something while Paul set up the walk theory
No people she knew saw her!

Reactions: 5
Probably because she’s having to waste time doing this conference because of the gutter press and the likes of Faulding and other ’experts’, who’ve riled armchair detectives …..some of whom have behaved appallingly.
And the likes of people in the public eye like Emma Kenny wading in from the beginning.

Reactions: 7
I did think when her family gave their first press conference that it was rather strange that her husband wasn’t part of it

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.