Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes the actual condition itself can be the barrier to seeking help too. If you're basically housebound due to your MH and can't face people, as an example. Some people want to seek help, but are just unable to get to a place where mentally they are able to do that.
And sometimes the illness makes you believe you aren’t worthy of the help.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Exactly. I waited 9 months after my NHS referral, and then in the first session was told ‘this is not what you need’
Eventually had to go private because it was the only option. Luckily I had cover through work, because there’s no way I could self-fund.

It’s not as simple as just going and getting the help, even if you do feel up to (and worthy of) asking.
This! So many people say "reach out for help", but the reality is, not everyone can be helped by antidepressants and the 6 weeks of counselling you get on the NHS. Many people require years of therapy or other treatments, and many complex medications, neither of which are available on the NHS. And many people don't even get better after these. Mental illness can be very serious and lifelong. I agree people need to make an effort to get better, but if they make every effort and can't get better, they shouldn't be stigmatised.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I hope they can prosecute some of these TikTok bastards for interfering with a police investigation. Something big needs to happen to prevent things like this happening on future cases.
I hope Dan Duffy is forced to make a personal and public apology to that local man he was insinuating was a serial killer too.

Reactions: 15
That’s a really good point - everyone pointing to mental health and suicide when actually, it could be a medical condition. However, why would they keep that quiet 🤫
Because it's personal! For example, under the terms of the disability discrimation act, I don't have to tell a potential employer I have MS. If I specifically lie about it, say on a health questionnaire, then that's a different matter, but I can choose to keep my medical condition a secret if I want to. And, after some of the awful experiences I had when I did decide to declare it at interview stage, you bet I kept quiet about it going forward.

Otherwise, I'm very open, although I don't actually talk about it a lot because, to be honest, it's pretty boring 😂 but some people "in the community" really aren't.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the MH angle with regards her lack of recent posts on Facebook now looks more of a possibility as was spoken about on here some while back. I don’t know the dates etc but recall someone mentioning how she had previously posted regularly then stopped. This is so sad for her girls.

Reactions: 9
I hate the term 'tik toker' as well. People think it is somehow sn excuse for unacceptable behaviour if they use that caveat.....call him what he is.....a prick with a camera!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Obviously nobody knows what her vulnerabilities are/were but perhaps she found out something the evening before. Something that made her see no way out. Or an illness? Menopause. We don't know but I think it's making sense now and I think the police are spelling it out without saying it. So so sad. My heart breaks for her little girls and her extended family. 😕

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the MH angle with regards her lack of recent posts on Facebook now looks more of a possibility as was spoken about on here some while back. I don’t know the dates etc but recall someone mentioning how she had previously posted regularly then stopped. This is so sad for her girls.
I think yesterday it was established that she made her profile public so people could share a post she put up about some stranded sheep. I think (don’t know) that she then didn’t realise for a couple of weeks her profile was still public until she changed it back at the beginning of December

Could the "vulnerabilities" just be the situation she was in at the time e.g. walking by a river? For example, would that be classed as high risk in case she had fallen in, whereas if say she was walking through fields (with no river) that may not as they wouldn't determine it to be as dangerous?
No, I think they’re implying there more to it than that:

She added Ms Bulley was graded as high risk "following the information that was provided to the police by her partner Paul and based on a number of specific vulnerabilities that we were made aware of".

Reactions: 13
The dog possibly didn’t see her enter the water, or because the drop is so big into the water chose not to follow. My springer wouldn’t there, no chance.
The gate is the way home.
Willow could have left that area if she’d wanted to, but she chose to stay.
Exactly. The dog was most likely confused. Where’s my owner gone? It was just doing it’s usual walk.
I also have a sensitive dog and she can behave erratically. For example when my husband and children leave to go on a bike ride and I stay behind she watches them leave, sees them go out the gate. Does she sit at the gate? Does she wait at the window? No. She paces four or five times, back and fourth the length of our house, showing obvious anxiety. Even though I am home, I’m sat there in the house with her, next to her, I am oblivious to her. She’ll only do this for literally a minute or two, then eventually settles. i just don’t think she likes them out of her sight. So for me the dog running back and forth was just her waiting for her owner/anxious on what to do/ waiting for an instruction.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m now thinking she has disappeared of her own accord and the dog and phone were left where they were, by her. I still hope there’s a positive outcome and maybe she took herself off for some time out, only she knew her true state of mind at the time.

Reactions: 8
I hate the term 'tik toker' as well. People think it is somehow sn excuse for unacceptable behaviour if they use that caveat.....call him what he is.....a prick with a camera!
I would like this a million times if I could.

I said on the Real Life Crime & Murder thread recently that we need to stop giving these bleeping idiots the validation they crave. Watching the Dateline episode about the Idaho student murders, way too much time was given over to the "TikTok sleuths" as they called them - absolutely outrageous.

I am 49 years old. I do not want to "get with" TikTok especially when it appears to be just full of cunts.

Apologies for my language - it's just the mention of TikTok makes me as angry as Becky Smith at a press conference.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’m now thinking she has disappeared of her own accord and the dog and phone were left where they were, by her. I still hope there’s a positive outcome and maybe she took herself off for some time out, only she knew her true state of mind at the time.
Where though? It’s not as simple as it sounds with all the practicalities. She’d need food, water, money, shelter. She had no transport and hasn’t been seen leaving the area despite thorough checks.

Reactions: 8
Exactly. The dog was most likely confused. Where’s my owner gone? It was just doing it’s usual walk.
I also have a sensitive dog and she can behave erratically. For example when my husband and children leave to go on a bike ride and I stay behind she watches them leave, sees them go out the gate. Does she sit at the gate? Does she wait at the window? No. She paces four or five times, back and fourth the length of our house, showing obvious anxiety. Even though I am home, I’m sat there in the house with her, next to her, I am oblivious to her. She’ll only do this for literally a minute or two, then eventually settles. i just don’t think she likes them out of her sight. So for me the dog running back and forth was just her waiting for her owner/anxious on what to do/ waiting for an instruction.
Sounds like a pack behaviour thing, your dog doesn't like the pack to be incomplete.

Reactions: 10
If she had disappeared on her own I think all of the CCTV they appear to have would have confirmed it by now

I'm a bit confused on the broken CCTV now though - as I understand it was by the caravan park rather than the locked gate at the top of the field?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.