Nicknacklou #3 Nicknacklou’s clothes are always gone, if only the food wiggles would do one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that might be the case but like I say, I have 0 medical training .. So it's not fair to say 'well go private then' as some people have suggested.
She could go to her doctors and ask about going private, they could then point her in the right direction or refer her🤷‍♀️ They too have waiting list but it’s much quicker, you just need to ask your doctors, this was always my gripe with BowelBabe, she was private, any new suspected spread she was in the next day, she didn’t really make it obvious she was private and I think people expect it to happen that quickly. If I was Nicky I’d be asking the question.

Reactions: 10
She could go to her doctors and ask about going private, they could then point her in the right direction or refer her🤷‍♀️ They too have waiting list but it’s much quicker, you just need to ask your doctors, this was always my gripe with BowelBabe, she was private, any new suspected spread she was in the next day, she didn’t really make it obvious she was private and I think people expect it to happen that quickly. If I was Nicky I’d be asking the question.
Yeah, it really isn't as hard to go private as some people are making out - if you have the money and a suitable place nearby (and are willing to do a bit of your own research) .

Reactions: 8
Wasn't bothered about delaying treatment while she went on holiday was she?
It's the double standards for me, regardless of whether she can afford or obtain a private procedure!

Reactions: 17
Wow, she has almost 30 grand in that GFM! Yes, I think I would definitely be looking at private options....

Is that the total she has been donated, or does GFM go down when you withdraw money?

Reactions: 5
It's the double standards for me, regardless of whether she can afford or obtain a private procedure!
this is what I was coming on here to say. I feel for her, I really do but she has posted flippantly before about choosing to delay chemo so she can go away. She has never, to my knowledge, criticised her care before. Now all of a sudden there’s a delay and she isn’t happy.
She needs to have a long hard look at what she plans to do next and that GFM maybe needs to be spent on living and not swanning off in first class!! Unfortunately though I think she may struggle to raise more funds now so I hope she has a lot left!

Wow, she has almost 30 grand in that GFM! Yes, I think I would definitely be looking at private options....

Is that the total she has been donated, or does GFM go down when you withdraw money?
It doesn’t go down as far as I know. It always shows the total raised

Reactions: 6

No it doesn’t show what’s been withdrawn. Only shows the total amount raised to date.

Reactions: 1
Oh right, so if she has been using it for a lot of holidays etc then she won't have as much as that to draw on.

I wouldn't have dreamed of delaying chemo to go on holiday. I know it's completely different when you are Stage 4 to primary, because it is essentially your whole life forever, whereas with primary cancer you can essentially wait until treatment is over. And I would never begrudge someone taking a short break occasionally if you are on established treatment.

But I was quite surprised that she appeared to miss several weeks of what was quite a new chemo for her, the paclitaxel. And the fact that it was a new treatment for her, because her last line of drugs had stopped working after she had been on them for quite a long time. I feel like in that position, I would want to give it a really good shot, not keep missing it for reasons that were entirely my own choice? I really didn't get her thought process behind the whole thing I have to day, it was a proper flurry of holidays (and covid) wasn't it?

tit has definitely got real for her recently though, and hopefully one way or the other she will be able to move forward soon.

Reactions: 2
She will also 100% not acknowledge she missed treatments due to her choices, but is now ready to jump on the NHS when there is delays. Every single person that needs it in this country is waiting on appointments, and 99.9% of us wouldn't delay something serious for our 6th holiday in 12 months.

Reactions: 16
She’s too greedy to spend her piggy bank of donations on health care when she can get it free

Plus 30k wouldn’t last a blip depending on what she actually has left, didn’t daddy ever tell you to save for a rainy day?

The GFM is purely for squandering and living her best life Jollydaying around the world

She thinks shes something special and deserves privileged care/treatment before other cancer sufferers, well Skippy the reality is you wipe your arse the same way as everyone else, thats a fact

Also when she has been so flippant about any treatments why does she deserve anything before those who truly commit to their care?
Trust me if she got an offer of a holiday she would be away and it would be duck others and duck to treatment

Reactions: 7
She’s too greedy to spend her piggy bank of donations on health care when she can get it free

Plus 30k wouldn’t last a blip depending on what she actually has left, didn’t daddy ever tell you to save for a rainy day?

The GFM is purely for squandering and living her best life Jollydaying around the world

She thinks shes something special and deserves privileged care/treatment before other cancer sufferers, well Skippy the reality is you wipe your arse the same way as everyone else, thats a fact
Other cancer sufferers have something that Skippy is totally lacking - humility.

Reactions: 9

Also when she has been so flippant about any treatments why does she deserve anything before those who truly commit to their care?
Trust me if she got an offer of a holiday she would be away and it would be duck others and duck to treatment
She probably doesn't wipe her ass the same, she probably poses for a selfie whilst doing it!

• Haha
I really wish people would stop slating the NHS. I understand that people are experiencing difficulties. I don’t have any issues as horrific as terminal cancer, but I’m going to be waiting months for in-person physiotherapy. The NHS is a publicly funded organisation but they are organised by the government. Blame the Tories! Don’t post on your platform with thousands of followers slating the NHS, when they are doing the best they can with the resources they have been given.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I really wish people would stop slating the NHS. I understand that people are experiencing difficulties. I don’t have any issues as horrific as terminal cancer, but I’m going to be waiting months for in-person physiotherapy. The NHS is a publicly funded organisation but they are organised by the government. Blame the Tories! Don’t post on your platform with thousands of followers slating the NHS, when they are doing the best they can with the resources they have been given.
Well said. Pretty much everything going wrong with this country can be laid at the feet of our current government.

• Heart
I think it's easy to say that when your life isn't quite literally on the line though. The NHS does alot of good but it also fails alot of people and some of those people don't have the luxury of time and most of them certainly don't have funds to go private. Noone's survival should be wealth dependent.

I think it's easy to say that when your life isn't quite literally on the line though. The NHS does alot of good but it also fails alot of people and some of those people don't have the luxury of time and most of them certainly don't have funds to go private. Noone's survival should be wealth dependent.
But isn't this point? Nicky does have the funds to go private and yet she stays on the NHS, actively even missing the important treatments it is providing for her and still goes on to slate it. She is a dick.

I'm in the same position as Nicky. I would give anything for 30k. And it would be spent on treatment or saved for an emergency as all stage 4 cancers patients are aware one will come sooner or later.
Super irresponsible in my eyes to spend the majority on holidays

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Agree, but a lot of the NHS ‘failing people’ isn’t because of the people, it’s because of the astronomic lack of funding from the government. She’s going after the wrong people. She shouldn’t be lobbying the NHS, she should be lobbying the government.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
But isn't this point? Nicky does have the funds to go private and yet she stays on the NHS, actively even missing the important treatments it is providing for her and still goes on to slate it. She is a dick.

I'm in the same position as Nicky. I would give anything for 30k. And it would be spent on treatment or saved for an emergency as all stage 4 cancers patients are aware one will come sooner or later.
Super irresponsible in my eyes to spend the majority on holidays
I know you don't want to do this, and in my eyes that's a very dignified response and mine would be the same, but if you were to start a GFM I'd contribute gladly.

• Heart
I understand that… but it’s not the NHS’ fault that they are failing people. It’s the government’s due to a lack of funding. I agree that no one’s survival should be wealth dependent, but that’s the reality of the Tories.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.