Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
A lot of you posting on this thread have been incredibly racist, discussing things you have no place to and frankly don’t understand.
Shame on you.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

ElChanguito

VIP Member
View attachment 1805179 It gets worse! They sell donated items to service users. Imagine this. You donate a pair of shoes to Sistah Space, thinking that it will be used to help someone in need, instead, it's sold to the person in need! Considering how interwoven the family seem to be with the charity, and what happened with The Captain Tom foundation (the daughter using the charity to generate work for her private business), this does not seem ethical or transparent towards people who donate to the charity in good faith.
Plus per their website, they only sell ✨brand new✨ items so don’t you dare think about donating something that’s been (urgh!) used. Heavens no.

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
No but such a short answer is weird at a social gathering.

As far as I know, the witnesses are all friends of Fulani. As is Diane Abbot.
It was effectively a networking event, I attend them regularly through work, to state your organisation is a very normal response

monga

VIP Member
This is where you get into conversations about how Britain's racism is based on a lot of microaggressions which build up over time and end up being part of systematic racism also

I'm pretty sure that the whole 'where are you from' question when asked repeatedly is a form of microaggression also. Though I expect you will tell me microaggressions are a joke

Re the messages being shared - it feels like people are using them for what-aboutism in a way. Twitter is hardly a good place for discussions without someone throwing abuse to begin with, though the whole thing about the charity rejecting people based on race is an interesting topic

I think I saw a tweet from a white woman who contacted the charity when she left her relationship and was rejected for help and not directed to other services
Not whataboutery at all it’s proof this woman is being targeted because she raised concerns about SS long before the Royal incident….You’re coming across dismissive to this persons concerns just like you’re accusing others of doing to NF.
6ACCE13D-E7FA-4E89-9CE4-BF570CE90CC1.jpeg
47BD6560-DDE5-4357-A17D-2CC12D00F65C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Isn't it racist to say that racism towards white people doesn't exist? I'm white and have experienced racism.

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right. The whole situation is ridiculous. LH probably shouldn't have probed as hard as she did, but NF knew what she meant and should have either got to the point or said that she wasn't comfortable with the questioning. She wasn't so uncomfortable about making it all public was she?
This post is pure gold. ❤ Sadly, it will be lost on some people who seek to deny the lived experience of racism that white people experience, the GROWING number of experiences.

• Haha

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Interesting that the conversation has pivoted towards the sensitivity of treating white people a certain way but very little consideration was offered to Ngozi about her own feelings.

• Heart
  • Haha

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
That's when this witch hunt becomes racism because you're suppressing a black person and invalidating their experiences.
@Eltonjohnsflorist Invalidated my experience of racism. What are your thoughts on that?

If Sistah Space was so questionable, why did it take for her being subjected to an uncomfortable situation for everyone to decide to do something about it?
Read the thread, there is evidence from 8 months ago to suggest that she is a crook.

In any other circumstance it would be called victim blaming.
If the suspicions are true, the only person to blame for the negative attention she has been getting online is Ngozi Fulani herself.

Ametrine

VIP Member
Looks like this thread is open again. Hopefully we can all behave ourselves so it doesn't get shut down again.

Ngozi Fulani has "temporarily stepped down" as the CEO of Sistah Space.

Wonder if it's anything to do with the epic Twitter investigation into the charity, rather than Buckingham Palace not supporting her enough.

But, speaking on ITV’s Good Morning Britain (GMB), Fulani said: “We, the Sistah Space charity, has suffered as a result, direct result. When you think that this was supposed to be for violence against women and girls, because of this incident the violence has been directed to me. The palace hasn’t intervened; I think they could have.

“So what I’ve had to do, I’ve now temporarily stepped down as CEO of Sistah Space. I’m announcing that now because the service users and the community can’t access us properly.

“This whole thing has cost us a fortune because we had to pay our own PR to stop the press from coming up. It was horrible.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...entre-of-royal-race-row-steps-down-over-abuse

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...porarily-steps-CEO-Sistah-Space-race-row.html

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
That is not how it is defined in the dictionary and not how I and many others see it. Racism can happen to any race. Why should anti white racists not face the same legal action that anti black racists face?

White people should be able to hold positions of power. Black people should be able to hold positions of power. England is a country where the majority of people are white. In Sierra Leone, black people are the majority, as they are in Nigeria, St Lucia, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbados.

What might have been the case historically, such as the discrimination Windrush migrants faced when they arrived in England, is not the case any more. We need to think about the current scenario when discussing race.
That is literally the definition.
Screenshot_20221219-235933_Google.jpg

Note, "typically one that is a minority or marginalized". Just because that's not how you see it, it doesn't make it not true. This has been explained innumerable times but clearly you don't want to accept reality 🙃

Whataboutism is impossible to deal with. It’s all about deflecting every single valid point with a made up, often unrelated point to avoid considering anything that might require some thought and self reflection.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Nothing as offensive as the gorilla tweet but searching the word "black" on his timeline shows he has a minor obsession with black people, the issues that effect us and how we deal with them. Weirdo.

• Sick

FogOfWar

Afro Caribbeans are of African heritage. You alright hun?
Yeah, but they're not African, and not of African culture either. Same as every Murphy in the Boston area isn't actually Irish. They're black.

As for the "you alright hun?" Not really. Not with such people who believe they are actually African simply because they are black, but have never actually lived there nor can trace any honest link to it. It's bullshit "genetic pain tourism/appropriation" or, as my last post, dress up.

I saw more than my share of black tourists from Western countries visiting various sites in West Africa. With the locals, actual Africans, I would laugh equally at them proclaiming themselves to understand what it is to be African before rushing back to their cushy lives in the West, as much as at the white 20-year-olds going back with cornrows and wearing boubous. Neither have got the first Earthly idea.

All with the distinct feeling that if my white children told Ms Fulani that they were African (which they are, born and lived), not just of African heritage, they somehow would not be eligible for her service.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
To ask once probably wouldn’t have been racist but the refusal to take the answer is unacceptable and she IS from Hackney so I don’t see why anybody could have a problem with the answer. It genuinely doesn’t make any sense.
Tattle Moderators have requested that we don't discuss race/racism. Let's respect their wishes so that we can keep the thread open.

• Heart

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Spot on, Blue blue123 - people on social media (including v. much here) have determinedly steered focus onto the charity because they can't bear that Ms Fulani defended herself and, shock horror, called out a lady-in-waiting on her unacceptable 'othering' of this Black woman at a palace event. Touching her hair like that, an absolute no-no for anyone other than a parent/close loved one. Disgraceful for LH to do that. But no, focus instead on this charity commission non-drama rather than on (both elite and general) society's innate racism towards non-whites, especially those who dare to speak up for themselves. No wonder Reni Eddo-Lodge published her excellent 'Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race'. Can you blame her?
Exactly. I have no particular stance on any wrongdoing at SS because a) what do I know and b) I don't trust most charities.

But I can't stand the pretence that this has anything to do with morality. If this was all about the social good, then NF's claims against LH would be taken as seriously as the claims against SS. Because racism is bad too, no?

SS has made headlines before. No one gave a damn. But as soon as a black woman dared remind Britain that its hands aren't clean people turned into the moral police.

This isn't about exposing the charity's wrongdoings, it's a reminder that when you threaten the status quo and step out of line, you'll lose and be put back in your place.

• Sad
  • Heart