New Zealand Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was the text messages just sent to Jason and I don’t get why people still care about Dom so they not remember why he left so suddenly

Next thread name suggestion:

New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #2

... that should cover everyone off.

Re. the radio chat ... they all have a limited lifespan. Look at Pauline Gillespie, Grant Kereama and Nick Tansley from ZM way back when - they seemed untouchable ... until they decided Nick no longer fitted so ditched him, and then Pauline and Grant a few years later. Ditto re Jono and Ben - at their height they had their radio and TV shows ... now all they have is their show on The Hits (which seems like a huge demotion). And then there was The Edge Morning Crew ... who can forget what JJ did to Jason (the text messages) - she should've been fired on the spot. And where is Dom now? Oh yes, the less said about him, the better. Meanwhile, JJ is on More FM with Flynny - who even listens to them? Well, I did on a very long drive the other day (it was the only station available) and they were boring.

I'm quite surprised Polly Harding hasn't come back with her own show ... I gather she's very happy with her new partner and little one on the way, but she is definitely a bright young thing to watch out for.

TV isn't much better though. TVNZ doesn't look after its own talent, a few of whom have fled to Newshub; and they keep employing dead wood from Newshub rather than promoting from within. Promoting John Campbell to a plum role when they got rid of Wendy, citing financial reasons, and then bringing in that guy from Al Jazeera to co-host Breakfast, was one of many tit moves they've made lately.
Spot on!
I see that PJ has started a podcast now, I was surprised to see her come back to NZ and not return to radio!

So sad as I've stopped listening to ZM once Megan left. Didn't sit right with me and I couldnt stand her replacement at all 😭
She’s very loud and over the top

She’ll have to keep the kid home on a Tuesday or a Friday now to prove everyone wrong.
It won’t be Fresh Sheet and Kid Free Friday now tomorrow I bet!
Look at the content we’re getting right now…her being so attentive and hands on playing with him…there’s no way she’s not reading here

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I see Ellie’s Belly made a post yesterday. I guess talking about this page. So many are sharing/commenting. My opinion. Yes they are human, and aren’t perfect! But at the end of the day, They signed up for this life.. You have to be thick skinned and handle the criticism good or bad.

Reactions: 8
I think Megan was definitely pushed from the show rather than choosing to go to a new one. A 1 hour slot in the afternoon on the hits is such a demotion from the morning show on ZM. I feel sorry for her. They had sold their cafe so her husband could be a stay at home dad, and then she lost her job.

Reactions: 3
Asher’s hat far to big but got to get the paid partnership in and why in the house with a hat and the. with his Gucci shoes , Jesus
The wooly hat in Auckland when it’s still probably 25 degrees, the kid within bright red cheeks - not sure if that’s a fashion thing or a sponsorship thing but it’s defo not Wooly hat weather anywhere I. NZ just yet I don’t think, let alone Auckland- he is suuuuuper cute though!!

Reactions: 1
The wooly hat in Auckland when it’s still probably 25 degrees, the kid within bright red cheeks - not sure if that’s a fashion thing or a sponsorship thing but it’s defo not Wooly hat weather anywhere I. NZ just yet I don’t think, let alone Auckland- he is suuuuuper cute though!!
It's actually cold and rainy today in Auckland!! Google says 17 degrees where I am. Woolly hat might be a bit overkill but better than last night's bare legs walk! That had me shivering.

What was the text messages just sent to Jason and I don’t get why people still care about Dom so they not remember why he left so suddenly
They sent all these text messages as part of a prank (that The Edge knew about) pretending to be an obsessed fan or something and his girlfriend at the time moved out as a result. He ended up settling with Mediaworks over it.

JJ and Dom also did a mean spirited prank to Si & Phil I think while back too. Something to do with Tom Cruise.

Next thread name suggestion:

New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #2

... that should cover everyone off.

Re. the radio chat ... they all have a limited lifespan. Look at Pauline Gillespie, Grant Kereama and Nick Tansley from ZM way back when - they seemed untouchable ... until they decided Nick no longer fitted so ditched him, and then Pauline and Grant a few years later. Ditto re Jono and Ben - at their height they had their radio and TV shows ... now all they have is their show on The Hits (which seems like a huge demotion). And then there was The Edge Morning Crew ... who can forget what JJ did to Jason (the text messages) - she should've been fired on the spot. And where is Dom now? Oh yes, the less said about him, the better. Meanwhile, JJ is on More FM with Flynny - who even listens to them? Well, I did on a very long drive the other day (it was the only station available) and they were boring.

I'm quite surprised Polly Harding hasn't come back with her own show ... I gather she's very happy with her new partner and little one on the way, but she is definitely a bright young thing to watch out for.

TV isn't much better though. TVNZ doesn't look after its own talent, a few of whom have fled to Newshub; and they keep employing dead wood from Newshub rather than promoting from within. Promoting John Campbell to a plum role when they got rid of Wendy, citing financial reasons, and then bringing in that guy from Al Jazeera to co-host Breakfast, was one of many tit moves they've made lately.
The radio industry is toxic

She’s been getting a lot of tit for having him outside without pants on so…lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.