New Zealand Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got the impression she didn’t leave on her own terms but was forced out? She was off “sick” for a week or so and then a very weird announcement made by the station manager and no post from Fletch or Vaughn about her leaving and no comment from them on her post. Pure speculation, no actual knowledge.
actually that is odd that neither coworker did a post about her leaving sad after so many good years

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have the back story about why Megan Papas left the Fletch, Vaughan and Megan show on zm? Especially after having them MC her wedding. Worry she’ll go down a semi simoney route, she’s way less fun

Also you KNOW Asher’s teachers are doing double duty on storypark updates 😬
I’d say she wanted more time with her son and a afternoon show might of been easier but it was pretty sad how she just left like that

Does anyone have the back story about why Megan Papas left the Fletch, Vaughan and Megan show on zm? Especially after having them MC her wedding. Worry she’ll go down a semi simoney route, she’s way less fun

Also you KNOW Asher’s teachers are doing double duty on storypark updates 😬
I’d hoped they’d address it by now but nothing….I’m so curious!

Reactions: 1
Whaaat?! You've not heard of NZ's top renovation influencer, Lord Shayden of Moochstyle manor???
I always find him quite condescending about any one who adopts a different approach to them for their house style/renos/spending priorities but maybe that is just me.

Reactions: 3
I got the impression she didn’t leave on her own terms but was forced out? She was off “sick” for a week or so and then a very weird announcement made by the station manager and no post from Fletch or Vaughn about her leaving and no comment from them on her post. Pure speculation, no actual knowledge.
I thought the same, it was all very sudden and nothing was really said. I thought she seemed upset about it at the time.

Reactions: 3
I thought the same, it was all very sudden and nothing was really said. I thought she seemed upset about it at the time.
It just went down all so strangely! They’ve been the best of friends for many years to then just say nothing, make no big deal of her leaving, nothing on social media…something definitely happened…

I’m guessing she broke her contract with zm to join the hits that’s why she never said anything on the radio. Same thing happened when Clint joined zm he wasn’t allowed to talk on the radio until his contract was finished with his old job

I’m guessing she broke her contract with zm to join the hits that’s why she never said anything on the radio. Same thing happened when Clint joined zm he wasn’t allowed to talk on the radio until his contract was finished with his old job
That’s like when FVM moved from The Edge to ZM but the difference is The Hits and ZM are the same company so they were allowed to say where she was going and did…

My impression is that Megan was pushed out to make way for Hayley.

The general public doesn't get to see the day-to-day ratings information, but it's something the station managers will be watching like a hawk and when Hayley filled in for Megan (while Megan took maternity leave), their numbers were probably higher than ever.

Hayley brings a lot more to the show than Megan ever did (just my personal opinion).

Reactions: 13
Didnt they do a big shuffle with presenters across all their stations around the same time? That added to my impression she was pushed but hopefully it was her choice

I know Rhiannon Henderson personally and big yikes
Love Tamarah she is amazing, incredible what her family has been through

Yeah me too like what she’s putting out there and her messages are valid feelings etc but no business/company is going to take her seriously should have just used her own platform to talk
I’m just confused because she wasn’t hiding who she was? When she changed name to skete in highlights had all her photography stuff up I don’t get it lol why she is so mad now?

Rachel Jane did have a GiveALittle page a while back for her jaw, it just took her a while to get the surgery booked and she has removed it in the meantime. Her spending didnt slow down while she was asking for handouts though, she continued to spend a silly amount on expensive clothes and shoes. I had to unfollow 🙄
She was annoyed that she got called out haha. The only reason she did the givealittle was because it was the same time as Stacey who obviously cracked it. Not so much for rach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
There was a huge thread on Reddit when Megan left FVM at Christmas. I think as mentioned above it's all a ratings game. I was a bit disappointed that they let her go because F&V fought for her to come to ZM with them and wanted her name as part of the show (The Edge wouldn't let her have her name despite being part of the F&V drive show for two years or so) but at the end of the day I guess they don't hold as much power now so to speak and Hayley must've increased the ratings. But it is a bit of a shady way to get a job... Someone shouldn't be scared to lose their job because they've gone on maternity leave. It also makes me cringe at times when Hayley says she doesn't want kids which is absolutely fine to be childless of course but it feels a bit of a dig because of how it went down with Megan having her child = losing her job. But I do like Hayley and love the energy she brings to the show.

Edited to add: Megan did unfollow the guys online too which is such a shame. I do hope one day they can repair their friendship, especially as Megan and Vaughan seemed so close

Reactions: 5
Caitlin Wiig is a new one who drives me mad

anyone follow Molly Cocksie?
Molly is so annoying, constantly asking for recommendations on everything in hope of free stuff. Wish she would just wear some lipstick instead of her lips covered in foundation

Molly is so annoying, constantly asking for recommendations on everything in hope of free stuff. Wish she would just wear some lipstick instead of her lips covered in foundation
Yeah I previously liked her but now she seems so entitled and just wants everything for free

There was a huge thread on Reddit when Megan left FVM at Christmas. I think as mentioned above it's all a ratings game. I was a bit disappointed that they let her go because F&V fought for her to come to ZM with them and wanted her name as part of the show (The Edge wouldn't let her have her name despite being part of the F&V drive show for two years or so) but at the end of the day I guess they don't hold as much power now so to speak and Hayley must've increased the ratings. But it is a bit of a shady way to get a job... Someone shouldn't be scared to lose their job because they've gone on maternity leave. It also makes me cringe at times when Hayley says she doesn't want kids which is absolutely fine to be childless of course but it feels a bit of a dig because of how it went down with Megan having her child = losing her job. But I do like Hayley and love the energy she brings to the show.

Edited to add: Megan did unfollow the guys online too which is such a shame. I do hope one day they can repair their friendship, especially as Megan and Vaughan seemed so close
Yes! To all that you’ve said!
Radio also isn’t permanent and everyone will get moved along at some point anyway.
ZM has a young demographic and when Hayley came in they probabilities saw a boost in younger listener ratings - I do like Hayley but find it all very ‘Me, me, me’ with her and the show is very different now - just regurgitating heaps of “studies” on this and top ten ways for that, which is fine but they obviously don’t have that shared history like they did with Megan.
Ultimately I think her new role is a better fit for Megan and her fam, just crappy the way it went down.
I love Fletch and Vaughan but they’re getting older too and probably will get moved to The Breeze or The Hits before long as well 😂

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she portrays without help she always shares family helping in weekends, Trent helping every day? It’s very clear she has heaps of help which most don’t get but definitely don’t think she pretends to do it all alone haha
Simone, if you’re going to make an account to argue on your own behalf in this forum, it would have been smarter to engage in the conversation more generally rather than just make a tit tonne of posts in your first day allll defending Simone or trying to “explain” how “she might see things”.

For example, your attempt to explain away Simone getting a story reply when story replies are turned off was completely wrong, and ignored that we could all see in the screenshot that the DM was a direct reply to a story…not just a general DM.

If you are actually reading this, please know that nobody dislikes you as a person, we just don’t like the constant hustle to appear perfect, or like you have allll of your tit together at all times. Vulnerability and relatability are actually super appealing to viewers…we’ve got children and we know that not every day is the greatest day. Be more honest, talk about the fact that Asher goes to daycare (or maybe it’s a family member) on Tuesdays and Fridays rather than just being silent and making it look like somehow you and Trent both work and somehow still manage to care for Asher yourselves.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.