New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
GUYYSSSS WE PAID FOR EVERYTHING IN THE KITCHEN EXCEPT FOR THE FRIDGE, OVEN, COOKTOP, FLOORING AND DISHWASHER KAYYYYY. AND WE PAY FOR THE TAX OF THOSE FREEBIES. SO F U ALL HATERS!!😂😂😂

Im in awe that she paid for her thermomix

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Maria also shared a post from another influencer (Krystine Nation) about Simone Anderson being out and about 1 week after having Asher, it was a massive dig at SA…..Maria is so bleeping two faced, it’s gross…..she has to stop playing the victim!

Reactions: 10
What does she mean paid tax on them?? So she gets given a $2000 fridge for example. What tax is she paying.

Reactions: 1
i feel like talk of the loan may have been a bit of a marketing ploy. they have fancy cars, 6 bedroom house, lots of overseas holidays. but you are right you never know someone's financial situation. i will say I lived overseas in very rich communities for many years and no one i know had a 5 carat ring. it's pretty unusual.
That’s the difference between money and wealth. People with money flash it around with fancy cars and rings (which are often added to the mortgage) and want to show they’re keeping up with the joneses.
People with wealth live comfortably but sensibly and don’t need that fancy ring or brand new car to feel comfortable and show everyone that they’re doing well. And sit on most of their money to make it work for them in the future.

Reactions: 7
Maria also shared a post from another influencer (Krystine Nation) about Simone Anderson being out and about 1 week after having Asher, it was a massive dig at SA…..Maria is so bleeping two faced, it’s gross…..she has to stop playing the victim!
I dont blame them. They need to reunite against us, we are too savage. #InfluenzasSupportingAnotherInfluenza #BozzBabe #UniteAgainstTheBully #ImJealousSimoneGotAFreeThermomixButIOnlyGotAFreeOvenCooktopFridgeFlooringDishwasher #IPaidForMyThermomix

What does she mean paid tax on them?? So she gets given a $2000 fridge for example. What tax is she paying.
LMAO exactly. MARIA can you address this in ur story. Were u referring to GST?

Reactions: 3
I found this on the internet, it may help understand the tax etc….

The gist of the guidance on gifted items is this: even if you only receive a product – and not money – in exchange for promotion, if the product could be resold it’s considered income, so you’ll have to pay tax on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

The gist of the guidance on gifted items is this: even if you only receive a product – and not money – in exchange for promotion, if the product could be resold it’s considered income, so you’ll have to pay tax on it.
I wonder how much tax Simone pays (paid post excluded) since shes gifted 3 bags of rubbish every single day. Oh thats right, she resells them for charity.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Also whhhhhy does Maria get gifted so much stuff. She seems to have hardly any interaction. Like how many people have gone on to buy that fridge etc because of Maria advertising it!?

It's only the tax on the resale value though, not the retail price. And they get to make their own decision what that resale value is so any tax she is paying would be next to nothing realistically. the flooring for instance you would get tit all for if you were to resell it, so she could theoretically wipe that tax. Same if influencers are gifted food or makeup, those are exempt because they would be contaminated if used so wouldn't have a resale price.

Reactions: 5
Also whhhhhy does Maria get gifted so much stuff. She seems to have hardly any interaction. Like how many people have gone on to buy that fridge etc because of Maria advertising it!?
I wonder that myself? Also, how many people will go to Mitre 10 and be like, I want the same floor as Maria Foy from Mangere🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
To all influenzas reading my comment
We are not bitter
We are not jealous
I can afford the things you own, just that I dont want to
I work full time so I dont have to sacrifise my mental health online to get freebies and inconsistent income
I dont know why y'all think we are jealous of you because let's be clear, the reason we're here is that we dont consider influencing as a real job
So lol - call us jealous, just because we dont show what our homes look like or what car we own doesnt mean you are better off than us.

I have to say, I am jealous of Kylie Jenner. Shes rich, get $1m per post, pretty, and successful. I want to have what she has. You all tacky NZ influencers are nowhere close near her so dont be so proud hun.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
It's only the tax on the resale value though, not the retail price. And they get to make their own decision what that resale value is so any tax she is paying would be next to nothing realistically. the flooring for instance you would get tit all for if you were to resell it, so she could theoretically wipe that tax. Same if influencers are gifted food or makeup, those are exempt because they would be contaminated if used so wouldn't have a resale price.
So yip, it’s a big crock of sh
To all influenzas reading my comment
We are not bitter
We are not jealous
I can afford the things you own, just that I dont want to
I work full time so I dont have to sacrifise my mental health online to get freebies and inconsistent income
I dont know why y'all think we are jealous of you because let's be clear, the reason we're here is that we dont consider influencing as a real job
So lol - call us jealous, just because we dont show what our homes look like or what car we own doesnt mean you are better off than us.

I have to say, I am jealous of Kylie Jenner. Shes rich, get $1m per post, pretty, and successful. I want to have what she has. You all tacky NZ influencers are nowhere close near her so dont be so proud hun.
Me too. I actually own more houses than Simone Anderson and can also afford to buy the things she has, but what a waste of money and all for show and to show off🤣🤣🤣 I’m way more jealous of Kylie Jenner. Simone will be a washed up hag in a few years🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I am yet to find an influencer that is nice to look at and can actually influence me to buy stuff.
Kasia is pretty, i like looking at her she's quite pleasant. She's neutral too and can be my fashion inspo.
Yet to find more good influencers that is pleasant and not using anxiety as their marketing ploy

So yip, it’s a big crock of sh

Me too. I actually own more houses than Simone Anderson and can also afford to buy the things she has, but what a waste of money and all for show and to show off🤣🤣🤣 I’m way more jealous of Kylie Jenner. Simone will be a washed up hag in a few years🙈🙈
Yeah she's already 50 now, unless she wants to influence until shes 70. Maybe she can promote a walking stick

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No
I am yet to find an influencer that is nice to look at and can actually influence me to buy stuff.
Kasia is pretty, i like looking at her she's quite pleasant. She's neutral too and can be my fashion inspo.
Yet to find more good influencers that is pleasant and not using anxiety as their marketing ploy

Yeah she's already 50 now, unless she wants to influence until shes 70. Maybe she can promote a walking stick
She’ll be using her grandparents soon to promote something for them…..she’s gross

• Wow
Okay I lolled at Happy mum's comment we paid for " the Thermomix on the bench"... What about the other ones she's owns? That was gifted right?
Nice choice of words there

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No

She’ll be using her grandparents soon to promote something for them…..she’s gross
Agree not a fan at all I find her just as fake as Jess Boujee 😂 just another chasing status living a unrealistic life of everything being gifted by brands or paid for by mom and dad

Kasia Stanicich latest post hons I found the perfect skirt omg ,,,,; no you were gifted it and paid to post about it 🙄 can’t stand her
I had to laugh at this also 🤭 her reels make me feel awkward to watch 😬🤣

It’s not just interaction like likes etc if your looking at it from a marketing perspective, from experience even with media advertising that isn’t online it’s the reach of the audience that brands want just because someone comments or likes doesn’t meant they’ll buy it

It’s a big no here also 🤣

Yes what makes me so angry about influencers is how they flaunt all their expensive products they get given to promote and their are people out there that feel they need to go into debt or live a lifestyle that isn't necessary because they watch others do this.

So many people follow the trends of needing everything. It's really sad. Our landfills are the worse they have ever been. These influencers should be promoting how ok it is to reuse items. Go buy that second hand fridge or share baby clothes with friends as your kids out grow them.

Can anyone recommend influencers that are actually like this?

Reactions: 7
Okay I lolled at Happy mum's comment we paid for " the Thermomix on the bench"... What about the other ones she's owns? That was gifted right?
Nice choice of words there
You know you are not successful enough as a content creator if you have to pay for your own Thermomix and Dyson.

Reactions: 1
That’s the difference between money and wealth. People with money flash it around with fancy cars and rings (which are often added to the mortgage) and want to show they’re keeping up with the joneses.
People with wealth live comfortably but sensibly and don’t need that fancy ring or brand new car to feel comfortable and show everyone that they’re doing well. And sit on most of their money to make it work for them in the future.
Money talks. Wealth whispers.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.