New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend influencers that are actually like this?
An influenza with ethics and principles 😂😂 aren’t the two mutually exclusive? Horrible industry 🤮 with that being said, ethically Kate is a good follow if you can tolerate the ‘witch around a cauldron’ dancing!

In saying that.. Kates dancing is so much better than Simmo’s, so funny when she was filming herself dancing in Asher’s face and he did a 180 and crawled away so fast 😂

Reactions: 4
Going back to No filter Mum and Pepper and me. A few weeks ago No filter Mum made a comment on her page that there was an influencer who had under gone the weight loss surgery. She wouldn’t make any more comment on it because the person hadn’t spoken about it on her business page. Does anyone know who she was referring too? I suspect along with the snorting, it’s why Cherie has lost a lot of weight.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I only recently discovered @albertcho on tiktok (his tiktok name is @eatlitfood) omg he is hilarious!!!!!

Reactions: 3
That’s the difference between money and wealth. People with money flash it around with fancy cars and rings (which are often added to the mortgage) and want to show they’re keeping up with the joneses.
People with wealth live comfortably but sensibly and don’t need that fancy ring or brand new car to feel comfortable and show everyone that they’re doing well. And sit on most of their money to make it work for them in the future.
“New money talks”

Reactions: 2
Blocked by hmhc and I have no idea why....
But does not faze me gave up watching her pathetic tit along time ago....
Why does everyone think she is so amazing...

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes what makes me so angry about influencers is how they flaunt all their expensive products they get given to promote and their are people out there that feel they need to go into debt or live a lifestyle that isn't necessary because they watch others do this.

So many people follow the trends of needing everything. It's really sad. Our landfills are the worse they have ever been. These influencers should be promoting how ok it is to reuse items. Go buy that second hand fridge or share baby clothes with friends as your kids out grow them.

Can anyone recommend influencers that are actually like this?
I like
real life wife nz she’s not an influencer just a mum who posts about being a mum. Sometimes does paid posts but very rarely and protects her kids privacy.

Also like loud proud wahine again not an influencer I just think she has valuable things to say, she’s just come out of the Morman church so is working through that trauma. It’s not very one’s cup of tea but she’s very open.

I like
real life wife nz she’s not an influencer just a mum who posts about being a mum. Sometimes does paid posts but very rarely and protects her kids privacy.

Also like loud proud wahine again not an influencer I just think she has valuable things to say, she’s just come out of the Morman church so is working through that trauma. It’s not very one’s cup of tea but she’s very open.
Oops shouldn’t have said ‘just’ a mum! I meant a mum who is realistic about life and has a sense of humour about her kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Going back to No filter Mum and Pepper and me. A few weeks ago No filter Mum made a comment on her page that there was an influencer who had under gone the weight loss surgery. She wouldn’t make any more comment on it because the person hadn’t spoken about it on her business page. Does anyone know who she was referring too? I suspect along with the snorting, it’s why Cherie has lost a lot of weight.
I don’t recall ever seeing Cherie big enough to require weight loss surgery. So am doubtful it’s her.

Reactions: 9
I like

Oops shouldn’t have said ‘just’ a mum! I meant a mum who is realistic about life and has a sense of humour about her kids.
She’s a crack up!! She is the one that called Simmo out for the way she was out and about 3 hours after birthing Roo!! Maria shared the post and later took it down…..Maria and Simmo are mates now🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
GUYYSSSS WE PAID FOR EVERYTHING IN THE KITCHEN EXCEPT FOR THE FRIDGE, OVEN, COOKTOP, FLOORING AND DISHWASHER KAYYYYY. AND WE PAY FOR THE TAX OF THOSE FREEBIES. SO F U ALL HATERS!!😂😂😂

Im in awe that she paid for her thermomix
🤣🤣🤣. I laughed at her post ‘had a really nasty and bitter comment’. Calling out what was actually free/gifted is not being nasty or bitter. It’s stating a fact. Farrrrrk could she be anymore of a victim about the ONE comment our hero Kylie made 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
🤣🤣🤣. I laughed at her post ‘had a really nasty and bitter comment’. Calling out what was actually free/gifted is not being nasty or bitter. It’s stating a fact. Farrrrrk could she be anymore of a victim about the ONE comment our hero Kylie made 🤣🤣
And all the non-free stuff looks like just a boring white laminate. Maybe like your mouldy car, you can start complaining about how boring your kitchen looks - maybe you can get a free upgrade again from Mitre10. Who knows you can get a FREE stone benchtop.

What does she mean paid tax on them?? So she gets given a $2000 fridge for example. What tax is she paying.
The stuff they’re gifted is considered income so they’re required to pay tax ( I’m pretty sure)

and when they’re given stuff and post about it they’re paid thousands for the ad - again required to pay tax cos it’s income

so they get the item + payment for putting it on their social media

another one of the threads covered it in detail go have a read

IRD will cover what counts as income to

I wonder how much tax Simone pays (paid post excluded) since shes gifted 3 bags of rubbish every single day. Oh thats right, she resells them for charity.
If you’re concerned about if she’s paying, the IRD has a tip line.

We don’t usually see what Cherie consumes so it’s hard to tell

cos she mainly shows us making stuff not how much she eats 😂

Last edited:
"Our hero Kylie" I love it!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t recall ever seeing Cherie big enough to require weight loss surgery. So am doubtful it’s her.
I know people similar to Cherie who have been able to have it

they might not look like they carry as much as you think, but they can be classed as obese and get the surgery, their build just hides how much they’re carrying

Reactions: 4
What’s with influencers getting so wound up about being gifted stuff? If influencing is your ‘job’, and you think it’s so valid and important, then why deny or hide the fact that you got something for free? I don’t get it lol.

Reactions: 7
In the case of Maria,

She doesnt post a lot of paid partnership on her IG post, dont know about story.
Say 1 post is worth 5k, and she has 12 endorsement over the year - shes on the 60k tax bracket - which means that all the freebies is tax between 30% and 33%. I think for Maria all other stuff she got endorsed is pretty much negligible, only the big electronics - but if she's actually in need of those items it means she got it for one third of the retail price.

For each dollar of incomeTax rate
Up to $14,00010.5%
Over $14,000 and up to $48,00017.5%
Over $48,000 and up to $70,00030%
Over $70,000 and up to $180,00033%
Remaining income over $180,00039%

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.