Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tryharder

VIP Member
Actually probably 1 of the ogs. The site has changed a lot in the time I've been here. Was originally calling out influencer problematic behaviour and I don't think this is particularly problematic. If u want to normalise something people have to see it.
Will you splash your kid at nearly five breastfeeding across social media to thousands of people you don’t know with no concern for their consent? That’s where my issue lies with it. It’s not on. Katie has expressed concern about having previously shared her child’s face and name on socials. So she’s stopped that. Which I applaud. But shares this? It’s a no from me.

Reactions: 18
It sounded like she must've done "therapy" on Zoom, which is pretty half arsed if you ask me
If you need therapy in this country you access it however you can. Pretty harsh saying that’s half arsed.
way more broken people than therapists and if you can get into one via zoom rather than wait forever why not?

Heidihi

EmCult having a cry because she "doesn't know her purpose" and her only income is Patreon and she needs to pay for her designer cat and AJ is just fucking around having fun not making any income. Well duh, isn't that the way she wanted it 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ ffs she is making more money than a lot of working people by doing yoga in her undies, and swimming at the beach and making bread and doing "budget" shops 🙄 which her followers think she is a god of 🙄 oh and freely admitting getting stoned all the time 😬 she doesn't have much to complain about from where I'm sitting 🤷‍♀️
If theres one thing we know about EmCult its that she will complain about anything and everything and shes absolutely allergic to working

• Haha
Do you think she does read here? I would have thought it would be too mean for her. Maybe even - OveRwHelMinG
---
5kiwikids is so up herself with this move to Australia. Lol like sure some things might be better, but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be in all areas. Just pack up your shot and go girl. Like soon pls.
5 kiwi kids is hilarious. So bloody up herself. This made me laugh. Maybe mortgage broker said yes but bank certainly hasn't.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Don’t get me wrong I know this isn’t a fan page thread lol but it was refreshing to hear Ellie talk about things that aren’t going so well for her at the moment and just be a bit more honest about her struggles.

I acknowledge she still has privilege.

• Heart

Effluencer

Perhaps Christie Skete should have a chat with her buddy DD so she can help her understand the nUaNcE in this discussion?
Screenshot_20230506_194655_Instagram.jpg

#myownbusiness

VIP Member
I have a Visa card and they sent a email other day to say they got hacked and lots of our data got leaked then I keep getting spam calls. It happens all time
Visa doesn't have access to images of me to use forever for whatever they want, or access to them that someone else could hack for the same reason. Visa also provides protection if my money got scammed from their processes, as do the banks.
Either way kind of irrelevant. Saying "hey do you use something necessary to daily life? Then you can't be critical of an unnecessary aliexpress knockoff" doesn't make sense.

Also, even if you want to disregard all the criticism of the safety of the app - the influencer behaviour is still lame. Infleuncers encouraging their followers, who trust them, into a company like this by saying "it's totally legit" or "you can make money too" is entirely for their own benefit and is yuck when either of those statements are hardly true.

hereforfreestuff

VIP Member
I just kinda think temu is showing up which influencers are struggling finically that they’re so quick to jump on it and keep pushing it in their stories

Like Black Friday with emails, it’s been a great way for me to unfollow.
This is what I took from it. It’s giving “I’m not doing as well as I portray online” vibes. People actually doing well don’t get like these influencers were! They were looking like actual addicts on the pokies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

redka

BD289C2C-994E-4AF7-BEB1-68C0E9596340.png

Wow Maria, way to make everyone wonder if Bluebells has cockroaches in their gf flour! Also treat implies that it’s not something you do every day

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick

tryharder

VIP Member
5 kiwi kids Cassie? Just saw their ages post which puts her and her husband 5 years apart, and then another post about choosing to get pregnant when she was 16.. so her husband was 21ish. A guy in his 20s having a baby with a 16 year old feels a bit gross.
We discussed this the other day and she lost her marbles and started sharing my and other’s posts on her page. It was a good time 😂😂😂 I am sure she will be delighted when her daughter starts planning a child with a man when she’s 16.

• Haha

Starstruck500

VIP Member
I have a good friend who works in the Cyber field (very experienced and high up). They are avoiding Temu and strongly suggested we do the same.
They are also massive advocates for not sharing photos of children online.
I think that says it all…

redka

Marnies yarn isn't from temu. The person posting was saying they had the same quality. Marnie using nz merino but dyes it overseas.
I’m a knitter and Marnie’s yarn is crap. Yes it’s NZ grown but not all yarn is the same and not all wool is suitable for knitting wool. Hers is cheap wool (not merino wool, just wool) that is single spun. It’s also ridiculously uneven. It is not made to be used for garments that will actually be worn. The structure of the yarn is insufficient to stand up to daily wear. Her yarn is likely sourced from AliExpress.

simoneanderscam

Chatty Member
Officially Em is a real rip off encouraging people to sign up to her Patreon right at the end of the month. I checked a while ago and today she got 20 new members. These people will be getting charged today and then again next week because it’s a new month.

• Wow
  • Angry

anonanonz

Chatty Member
Skete does my head in. As a Māori woman myself, her constant ranting and put downs are doing nothing for the people she's pretending to care about. Way to make that racial divide even bigger 🤦🏻‍♀️ anything for the head pats though 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
It’s like she talks so much but says nothing?

soUNinfluenced

Yeap which is why they are doing as they know they can make money off their followers. It’s rather disgusting really especially if they are making quite a bit from it.
And then next week they will be asking their followers to shop local to support their friends businesses …

• Haha
  • Sick
Argh now Shayden/Mooch on his high horse about why he bombarded everyone with Temu spam yesterday. It’s just because he is a marketer so he HAD to check it out and we can all just scroll past it if we aren’t interested, no different to SHEIN and Kmart etc…

This actually really annoys me because it’s not just that it was an influencer peddling some crap they want us to buy…it was influencers making out like their followers could also earn $200 after $200 just by going online and spinning a wheel. The reality was different but they were not clear about that at all. My view is they earned money in a super disingenuous way at the expense of their followers who clicked on a link that obviously didn’t let them earn money but let the influencer earn.

mooch is such a grifter. He wants everything free or sponsored and he acts superior to everyone us lol
Yeah it’s an unfollow from me for Mooch Style. Acting like he was doing it in the interests of marketing and going on about it being “off brand” for them when he was just trying to grab money like the rest of them and trying to be low key about it 😂

Someone said earlier that it’s really showing which influencers aren’t as flushed with cash as they pretend they are and I 100% agree!
Holly May was even running a competition for anyone who clicked her links and planning on giving away a hamper of Temu crap 😂 amazingly she “couldn’t withdraw the cash from her PayPal” so she couldn’t give away cash 🙄
I knew she was a money grabber but it really showed her up. How embarrassing.

• Heart

mostlyheretolurk

… by exploiting, underpaying, undercutting every single human being making and packing those products 👍🏻
5Kiwikids deleted all Temu stories. Wonder if she will put a post explaining why or admitting it wasn’t a great thing to do or will she just say nothing because she always needs to be right. Anyway, guessing she realised the terms and conditions include allowing them to use your name, images and more for any purpose for as long as they choose plus the whole supporting child labour issue.

• Sick