New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been on a huge unfollowing spree, basically unfollowed everyone who jumped on the Temu wagon & now need some new peeps to follow ... all suggestions gratefully received!!
Rachel Maia (who is Friends with culture of grace) and Gemma Flynn (Richie McCaws wife!) They have to be 2 of my faves!

Reactions: 5
Skete aka pippy lee identifies as a Maori🫣

Anyone remember that American lady, Rachel Dolezal who identified as a black woman despite being born to white parents? That’s Skete😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wonder if Skete realises that choosing to expose your Māori loved one to what she's framing as racist / anti-brown comments is actually crappy ally behavior. Maybe I missed a comment but I didn't see anyone saying her SIL was "talking too brown", but that seems to be what she's told her SIL.
---
Sketes so desperate for ally head pats. Everything feels so performative from her (and it has since she started the whole Skete thing). I know external validation is super normalised in today's social media world but it doesn't last and its not satisfying.

Reactions: 14
Her husband is Māori, so Kia ora 🤪
Oh wow I feel like she’s made it seem like she is? Maybe I interpreted that wrong
---
I have to agree with this unfortunately.
I need to state that I have absolutely no issue with co-sleeping and at times have done it myself with my children. However, it’s something that you MUST do safely otherwise you are knowingly endangering your children’s lives.
This has NOTHING to do with skin colour before someone @‘s me 🙄 I would say this about anyone regardless of race or “social status”.
Co-sleep if you must, bed share, do whatever you need or want to do, but DO IT SAFELY. You owe it to your babies.
---

The absolute joy and delight I feel watching her stories is indescribable 😂 YAY Pebbles!
Exactly - whilst I am not a fan of co sleeping (tell that to my toddler) with babies, I do understand there are things you can do make it safe. Not my preference as I believe the risk is too high. HOWEVER I am not shaming or judging the practice but it’s just that she doesn’t demonstrate it safely and that’s my issue.

Reactions: 4
Skete does my head in. As a Māori woman myself, her constant ranting and put downs are doing nothing for the people she's pretending to care about. Way to make that racial divide even bigger 🤦🏻‍♀️ anything for the head pats though 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Skete does my head in. As a Māori woman myself, her constant ranting and put downs are doing nothing for the people she's pretending to care about. Way to make that racial divide even bigger 🤦🏻‍♀️ anything for the head pats though 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
It’s like she talks so much but says nothing?

Reactions: 17
The irony of Skete referencing ‘our fave gossip forum’ when she has been deep in here (particularly on Simone’s thread) and still spends a lot of time chasing the comments.

Not sure when we ran a poll in here to confirm our race either. Because according to her we are all white 🤷🏼‍♀️

I see she has dropped down to 8k…not long ago she was close to 10k so seems like something’s not working.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
The irony of Skete referencing ‘our fave gossip forum’ when she has been deep in here (particularly on Simone’s thread) and still spends a lot of time chasing the comments.

Not sure when we ran a poll in here to confirm our race either. Because according to her we are all white 🤷🏼‍♀️

I see she has dropped down to 8k…not long ago she was close to 10k so seems like something’s not working.
She must have lost quite a few followers (over 220) over the weekend - assuming it was due to the TEMU crap she was flogging off?
---
I see Emily Writes has unfollowed Pippy
Christie Lee Skete or vice versa but pretty sure EW I followed her due to the TEMU stuff🫣🫣🫣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I’ll probably get ripped to shreds for this because I’m white and should be giving Māori a pass for literally everything according to Skete and Holly May but how does saying she sounds drunk translate to anything to do with her race?? She sounded drunk 🤷🏼‍♀️ end of story.
It wasn’t “she sounds like a drunk Māori!” It was literally she sounds drunk.
And I commented that she wasn’t making sense and I couldn’t understand what she was trying to say. It wasn’t “I can’t understand her because she’s Māori” it was literally that she was rambling and I couldn’t be bothered listening.

Please tell this worthless white woman where race was mentioned regarding her voice? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 20
I am probably being a thick bleep but I don’t understand why is Skeet saying brown women sound drunk?
---
I’ll probably get ripped to shreds for this because I’m white and should be giving Māori a pass for literally everything according to Skete and Holly May but how does saying she sounds drunk translate to anything to do with her race?? She sounded drunk 🤷🏼‍♀️ end of story.
It wasn’t “she sounds like a drunk Māori!” It was literally she sounds drunk.
And I commented that she wasn’t making sense and I couldn’t understand what she was trying to say. It wasn’t “I can’t understand her because she’s Māori” it was literally that she was rambling and I couldn’t be bothered listening.

Please tell this worthless white woman where race was mentioned regarding her voice? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh ok i totaly did not see how she connected it

Reactions: 5
Elle herself's welleclub weight loss challenge finished today. She was upset it was over, but there will be another one soon

Its sad there is so much focus on the numbers lost. Elle told everyone she started at her prepregnancy weight and lost 4kg over the challenge. Dave started late and only lost 6kg, then she shared why;- because he had been on anti depressant medication. There is So much emphasis for members to be on a downward trend, and those who lose huge numbers are lauded, there's never any acknowledgment for those who might only lose in much smaller numbers. Promoting and rewarding weight loss is getting into scary territory. Its setting a bad example for the twinnies, it's saying if you lose you win

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I am probably being a thick bleep but I don’t understand why is Skeet saying brown women sound drunk?
---
Good point. That was HER interpretation of a 'drunk sounding woman'. WTF is she saying here? :unsure:

Then doubling down by saying that we're all white women here? Wrong again.

Skete may not be racist, but she sure is a small-minded bigot.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.