New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm so just under $300 for both kits, beginner knitter written pattern

bloody expensive, $200 for a jersey, the yarn works out around $30 a ball, still waiting to here if it’s milled and dyed in nz, my guess is China
I've been looking at other local and international businesses selling knit kits and her prices seem about the same. Hardly anyone else has options above size 14 though.- I think I saw 1 and it was overseas. I was specifically looking at the stores that do chunky knits since chunky wool is more expensive in general.

Not going to be able to wear these knits very easily with those care instructions 😬
Screenshot_20230507_194706_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Talking to a friend today and we were saying how much more we enjoy influencers that actually work and don’t just make their money from us online. This is a fine line tho. As influencers that sell their own product using their following (I understand why) isn’t the same as having an actual job outside of instagram.
Would love to know which influencers have a normal job? Can we name some?

Reactions: 10
Talking to a friend today and we were saying how much more we enjoy influencers that actually work and don’t just make their money from us online. This is a fine line tho. As influencers that sell their own product using their following (I understand why) isn’t the same as having an actual job outside of instagram.
Krystine Nation? She’s a good sort too. Miss her content as she does work full time!!! That’s all I know of?

Reactions: 13
Pretty sure ethically Kate does contract work seperate from her influencing.

Reactions: 3
I liked Bec Whitley and Tamarah Whittaker but neither post much now. Both have normal jobs

Reactions: 6
There have been other knit kit businesses before Marnie and there will be more after. Feel she’s getting attacked because she has a online profile
Caveat emptor - live and learn

I’ve bought some crap yarn when I was a beginner knitter, it never put me off. In fact sometimes I think some of the more expensive luxury yarns (outlaw queen bee) did the same kind of things with the single spun knit at loose gauge. Didn’t see anyone go after her.
Mmmm nah, Marnie is problematic and also new to knitting which is why she’s copping it.
Are you up to speed with what a tit person she is? If not you should probably sort that out.

When I started crafting I bought tit yarn too cos I didn’t know any better. Why would you knowingly start a business for BEGINNERS using tit yarn when you could start them off on the right foot, educate them on what to look for, what yarn is nicest to use for certain products and garments, etc.

If you could go back and not waste time and money on crappy yarn and instead get the good stuff from the get go, would you? I would. It would save me a lot of frustration and time when learning.

Is there a message board specifically for knitters/crochet? I remember it being talked about when Skeinz came up but I didn’t have an account then to ask about it.

Reactions: 8
I've been on a huge unfollowing spree, basically unfollowed everyone who jumped on the Temu wagon & now need some new peeps to follow ... all suggestions gratefully received!!

Reactions: 13
Mmmm nah, Marnie is problematic and also new to knitting which is why she’s copping it.
Are you up to speed with what a tit person she is? If not you should probably sort that out.

When I started crafting I bought tit yarn too cos I didn’t know any better. Why would you knowingly start a business for BEGINNERS using tit yarn when you could start them off on the right foot, educate them on what to look for, what yarn is nicest to use for certain products and garments, etc.

If you could go back and not waste time and money on crappy yarn and instead get the good stuff from the get go, would you? I would. It would save me a lot of frustration and time when learning.

Is there a message board specifically for knitters/crochet? I remember it being talked about when Skeinz came up but I didn’t have an account then to ask about it.
I think this is the business that inspired Marnie. They don't do knit kits but they use thar similar type of wool and also make stuff using arm knitting probably really heavy. Looks microtrend fast fashion not classic pieces at all

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Miss Aimee Fleur (Aimee Young) is someone who works and stopped doing the influencers job a while back. I like her as she’s diabetic and shares a lot about her life dealing with this.

Reactions: 2
Elle herself has fomo. She's asking her followers what they think🤦 She even replied to one of the multiple emails she got from TEMU because gmail isn't a legitimate email address and she asked them to send her one from their TEMU address. They are targeting the right audience, influencers who see $ over ethics
Then she proudly posts pics of the twinnies saying "no" for the camera because their cafe visit went pear shaped. Like Simone's children they are becoming circus acts for engagement
elle is fast becoming my most disliked influencer. Yuck!

Reactions: 7
And then she got money and along with the rest has gone absolutely silent. At least talz could admit fault. The others are just wanks
My issue with Talz is how she frequently shares how she bed shares with her kids - but the youngest is very young and it’s not safe how she shows it. Blankets/pillows etc right next to a very young baby. Whether she does it differently during the night etc idk, but what she chooses to show is problematic imo. Especially when my understanding is that statistically Māori and Pacific Island babies are at a higher risk of SUDI and that unsafe bed sharing increases that risk. I just think it’s wrong with such a big platform (for anyone). Disclaimer that I am not white, and I don’t support bed sharing that’s unsafe in any form for anyone done unsafely.

off topic lol sorry, but idc so much about the Temu stuff, but I think influencers should be held accountable if posting something to thousands of people

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I can think of a couple that have real jobs and are more part time online. Jesse Guru I'm pretty sure works a normal job. Ash_patia is another one I love to follow and she has a full time job. Same with Mere_the_CODA she's another one that works full time and does part time social media jobs. I'm in the same boat and prefer people who don't have "influencing" as their full time job. Please give me more recommendations 🙏

Reactions: 4
Molly brownlee. Aka Renee Stewart wannabe. She does have more than 10,000 followers across her socials AND makes money off them, so don’t come at me, is selling Ali express makeup brushes for $150 a set. Buys them for $13.50 usd a set. Friend asked her on Insta where they’re from. Boom blocked. They’re all bleeping money grabbing skanks.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Molly brownlee. Aka Renee Stewart wannabe. She does have more than 10,000 followers across her socials AND makes money off them, so don’t come at me, is selling Ali express makeup brushes for $150 a set. Buys them for $13.50 usd a set. Friend asked her on Insta where they’re from. Boom blocked. They’re all bleeping money grabbing skanks.
She did that with her earrings. She gets them all and then puts her own labels on. She’s a sneaky one… just like the rest

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I love how skeet says “if my words hurt you, please ask yourself why?” - how about these influencers actually take responsibility for their hurtful words and actions instead of believing they are above everyone.
I honestly feel like Skeet is extremely racist....

Reactions: 12
My issue with Talz is how she frequently shares how she bed shares with her kids - but the youngest is very young and it’s not safe how she shows it. Blankets/pillows etc right next to a very young baby. Whether she does it differently during the night etc idk, but what she chooses to show is problematic imo. Especially when my understanding is that statistically Māori and Pacific Island babies are at a higher risk of SUDI and that unsafe bed sharing increases that risk. I just think it’s wrong with such a big platform (for anyone). Disclaimer that I am not white, and I don’t support bed sharing that’s unsafe in any form for anyone done unsafely.

off topic lol sorry, but idc so much about the Temu stuff, but I think influencers should be held accountable if posting something to thousands of people
I have to agree with this unfortunately.
I need to state that I have absolutely no issue with co-sleeping and at times have done it myself with my children. However, it’s something that you MUST do safely otherwise you are knowingly endangering your children’s lives.
This has NOTHING to do with skin colour before someone @‘s me 🙄 I would say this about anyone regardless of race or “social status”.
Co-sleep if you must, bed share, do whatever you need or want to do, but DO IT SAFELY. You owe it to your babies.
---
The absolute joy and delight I feel watching her stories is indescribable 😂 YAY Pebbles!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.