New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1903522

Just gonna go into this because... there's so much wrong here.
This is way too long but it was cathartic, as an autistic woman who has dealt with bullshit like this from 'autism moms' who treat actual autistic people like we are incompetent and/or not worth listening to.

---

1. How was it toxic? Please elaborate. What's toxic about posting about talking about your children respectfully, even if they have *gasp* neurodivergence?

2. "I'm an ND mum" - you are ND yourself or you're a mum to a child who is neurodivergent? Or both? Because these things are quiiite different.

3. There is absolutely a way to be REAL without shitting on your kid. Neurodivergent children are still worthy of respect, of privacy, of being the ones in charge of what they share and don't.

4. This sentence is just so fucked. "I'm embarrassed I ever enjoyed Emily's content" - for someone who's decided they feel like if you don't agree with Emily, you are banished, you are pretty damn quick to decide she's banished from YOUR life as well as your past, since you disagree with her here lol.
"Women shouldn't tear other women down like this" - IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING WOMEN. This is white feminist bullshit. Not only CAN women disagree with each other, we SHOULD disagree with each other. How can people learn and grow if they just sit in an echo chamber of "you go girl!"? That's pathetic.

5. Yeah but no, some opinions are tit. Your apparent opinion of "I should be allowed to complain about my neurodivergent child as much as I want publicly because it's my reality" is yours, sure, but I don't have to respect it or agree with it. I think it's "toxic" and unkind to your child.

6. As I mentioned above... this feels like projection since it's exactly what you proposed to do with Emily in general. I think this is your insecurity speaking.
Secondly... Emily wrote a couple of instagram stories about the topic, with no names mentioned. Many people didn't even know who they -might- even reference. She didn't message it to Marnie, she didn't MAKE anyone read it, or agree with it. Frankly, Emily probably doesn't even know you exist and won't miss your follow. The whole "banished" thing is very melodramatic.

7. The Pebbles Hooper comparison is bleeping hilarious. Pebbles wrote that tit about "natural selection" in a really inappropriate circumstance among other things. Emily Writes uh... wrote a few instagram stories discussing respecting your neurodivergent children and social media boundaries. If these are equivalent to you, I think *you* are the issue here.
Here you go. I agree!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Personally I really appreciate Emily writes, Life by Lottie and a few other ozzy accounts that share their stories with having autistic children, so educational and sweetly written. Marnie needs tips or needs to stop

Reactions: 17
So what's the tea from these 'credible' sources about boujee jess and her husband and their perfect marriage and perfect life?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Blushing here. Emily Writes is rad, and tbh a great example of ways you can discuss your child's neurodivergence without being a butthole. I love how much she shows him she loves him by taking interest in his special interests. As an autistic gal that gives me the happy flappies (my hands, you pervs! ;) )

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I never knew about Real Wife Life and Emily Writes until this whole drama, they've gained a new follower in me. It's real refreshing to see folks on social media who actually have a backbone. Much respect to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Personally I really appreciate Emily writes, Life by Lottie and a few other ozzy accounts that share their stories with having autistic children, so educational and sweetly written. Marnie needs tips or needs to stop
This deserves to be in a book of the all time greatest quotes!
as a white feminist, I whole heartedly agree! It’s so infuriating when people claim you can’t have an opinion on anything said or done by a woman. The whole shtick about woman tearing down woman, is a real thing - but this isn’t an example of it. Marnie being challenged about her lack of respect and privacy for her child isn’t “woman tearing down woman” lol

Reactions: 24
Another great one is Rachel Maia NZ, paraclimber!

Reactions: 5
Hey whats happened to HM? She's gone! Are we allowed to talk about her still?

Reactions: 1
I never knew about Real Wife Life and Emily Writes until this whole drama, they've gained a new follower in me. It's real refreshing to see folks on social media who actually have a backbone. Much respect to them.
Did you get accepted by Emily? Just FYI she posted a story that 100+ people have requested her and obviously some will be Marnie stans so not sure if she's being extra picky/blanket not accepting right now (if you're not already on)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.