New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The join code seems hard to come by!
I’m only a “well known member” and I can’t refer anyone through so I wonder if maybe you have to be VIP 🤷🏼‍♀️

Regardless of how she intended this post to come across and regardless of her backpedalling, this is so disrespectful to the small family businesses who have donated these products to OE for her parcels.
I know she’s not specifically talking about the MCN (modern cloth nappies/reusable nappies) but they’re still in the photo and they are clearly floral “gendered” patterns.

I’d also like to point out that I’m familiar with BOTH brands of MCN that she has in this photo and both have plenty of boy/girl and gender neutral prints. I’m sure she received a good mix of both so I’m not sure why she felt the need to put extremely generous people on blast like that. No doubt this picture is for a little girl and that’s why it’s full of florals intentionally.

I feel like I have a witch eating crackers thing going on with OE so maybe I’m reaching 😏

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Blushing here. Emily Writes is rad, and tbh a great example of ways you can discuss your child's neurodivergence without being a butthole. I love how much she shows him she loves him by taking interest in his special interests. As an autistic gal that gives me the happy flappies (my hands, you pervs! ;) )
Your post was so good, I literally though you were Emily Writes herself. Now she's acknowledged you.... awesome. Somebody should send her an invite to tattle!! (my refer button doesn't work either)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Yet let’s her 4.5 year old roam the campground by himself? I know where they are and it’s easily accessible by the public and how does she know he’s not going by the water by himself? Seems really irresponsible to me especially with the amount of deaths we’ve already had in the ocean this year 🤦‍♀️
Let’s be honest, water safety, car seat safety actually anything “safety” has never been her strong point in all the years I’ve been following her! ☺

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m only a “well known member” and I can’t refer anyone through so I wonder if maybe you have to be VIP 🤷🏼‍♀️

Regardless of how she intended this post to come across and regardless of her backpedalling, this is so disrespectful to the small family businesses who have donated these products to OE for her parcels.
I know she’s not specifically talking about the MCN (modern cloth nappies/reusable nappies) but they’re still in the photo and they are clearly floral “gendered” patterns.

I’d also like to point out that I’m familiar with BOTH brands of MCN that she has in this photo and both have plenty of boy/girl and gender neutral prints. I’m sure she received a good mix of both so I’m not sure why she felt the need to put extremely generous people on blast like that. No doubt this picture is for a little girl and that’s why it’s full of florals intentionally.

I feel like I have a witch eating crackers thing going on with OE so maybe I’m reaching 😏
No I think it's disrespectful of OE. I have one of each, I bought floral nappies before I knew what we were having, and my little boy's bum looked super cute. Same with our little girl, she wore his dinosaur / vehicles / blue nappies because, again, CUUUUUUTE. And also: $$$$.
If you're receiving something for FREE then be bloody grateful. Otherwise, say no. I'm sure those floral nappies could have gone to a person who was grateful. Sheesh!

Reactions: 17
Was anyone else surprised to read that Alex and Corban (of The Block fame) have sold their homewares business?

Alex said it's because she's burnt out and wants to spend more time with her kids ... which is fair enough of course as I imagine the business is very full-on. It's a shame though, as it was their baby and it's obviously very successful. Apparently she's staying on to help the new owners for a bit, and then will look to help other businesses with branding, growth, etc.

I'll never forget their generosity when, at the end of the auctions for their season, they gifted Quinn and Ben $30k because their house didn't sell for anything like the others (they still won a miniscule amount if my memory serves me correct - more than they got last year, which was $0!).

I'd say these two (Alex and Corban) are definitely the most successful Block winners ... if you consider what they did with their exposure and prize money. Those other two guys from the Meadowbank season won more $, but aside from relationship news (babies, engagements), who knows what they're up to (the bigger one got a job working for Citta Design and came back as a judge one time, but that was about it).

Reactions: 9
I never knew about Real Wife Life and Emily Writes until this whole drama, they've gained a new follower in me. It's real refreshing to see folks on social media who actually have a backbone. Much respect to them.
Yeah the comments about them on Marnie’s post are vicious and shows how the hypocrisy of Marnie’s followers. No wonder they’d been blocked by Emily they sound dangerously obsessed with her.

Reactions: 7
The join code seems hard to come by!
VIP's have access, but some have concerns about their accounts here, because they're basically responsible if the referred person turns out to be a troll etc.

And also concerned that they'd have to show their identity to the referred person (on IG). Valid worries, as we don't know who we could trust.

Reactions: 13
she is so cringe. Imagine setting up ur phone to take a video of you having your first sip of coffee. I’m cringing so hard 

Must be nice to be that "busy" and can afford to still have the time to sleep in and take a stupid fuking video of you having a coffee... is there really anyone in the world that wants to watch jess drink her mor ing coffee..girl needs to get a grip

• Haha
Reactions: 10
VIP's have access, but some have concerns about their accounts here, because they're basically responsible if the referred person turns out to be a troll etc.

And also concerned that they'd have to show their identity to the referred person (on IG). Valid worries, as we don't know who we could trust.
As a 'chatty' member I can refer people but I wouldn't like to be doxxed! I did refer someone and they were instantly banned for 'spam' (even though they were replying to a message and trying to be funny).

• Wow
Reactions: 8
As a 'chatty' member I can refer people but I wouldn't like to be doxxed! I did refer someone and they were instantly banned for 'spam' (even though they were replying to a message and trying to be funny).
True, we now know a bit about doxxing... not worth the risk, it must be so distressing for those involved. It's actually quite cool knowing we're now essentially a 'closed' community here.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.