New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like Simone is the 2022 version of Susanne Paul. It’s just how marketing and media work these days. I guess back in the day if you didn’t want to watch an infomercial you changed the channel and that’s fine. But then also, these people aren’t just presenting a single product but a lifestyle. I’m totally showing my age with the Susanne Paul analogy. And with that age I can pick the good from each of them and leave the ridiculous. But I do feel for younger parents these days and utter encouragement to consume product when the cost of living is so high. Actually, I rate Kate with her realness that yep, have some cute kid stuff but basic is good too. Like I say, take the good…ditch the rest and try and see through the fake (87.3%).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I feel like Simone is the 2022 version of Susanne Paul. It’s just how marketing and media work these days. I guess back in the day if you didn’t want to watch an infomercial you changed the channel and that’s fine. But then also, these people aren’t just presenting a single product but a lifestyle. I’m totally showing my age with the Susanne Paul analogy. And with that age I can pick the good from each of them and leave the ridiculous. But I do feel for younger parents these days and utter encouragement to consume product when the cost of living is so high. Actually, I rate Kate with her realness that yep, have some cute kid stuff but basic is good too. Like I say, take the good…ditch the rest and try and see through the fake (87.3%).
Nooooo you take it back, Suzanne Paul is a NATIONAL TREASURE 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve been reading this thread and the old one but haven’t posted anything yet. All I wanna say is I just absolutely hate influencer culture. These people are just walking talking ads. Just replacing what we used to look at in magazines or watch on tv. They are nothing special. But they act like they are famous and entitled. But the majority of them are just toxic. End rant lol
influencers are the modern door to door salesman

Reactions: 6
Whaaaat about Louisa wedding?! Did they have no say like how they wanted things ?
Pretty much. She got bugger all family photos, of kids etc and one million photos of the table settings. I’d be fucked off too.

Yup Shayden fan girled over meeting Simone at pottery barn opening at ballentynes in chch. I used to enjoy their content but now…yawn.
This whole move to YouTube and reveals instead of engaging their Insta following and showing the real time footage has me bored. And the fact that Georgia is so uninterested 😂
Uninterested? I feel like she is uninteresting. So unnatural on camera and no charisma.
I also feel like her fashion is super basic but they act like she is some unique style icon.

Shes a fraud and at guess wants to be an influencer! I made the mistake of sending her a message about my views on moochstyle and his free but "paid" for vanilla kitchen, his bagging of bunnings because he didn't get a free kitchen from them after he's received 1000s of free stuff from them over the years. The guys a tard and can't even keep track of his lies, Even implies he lives in a desirable area! "Close to Aikmans" name drop.. reality he brought an overpriced state house down the road from the mongrel mob! I know because I live on the same street.. also made the mistake of commenting that Ellie has no real idea of struggle! She has a rich privileged upbringing drives expensive cars eats a massive amount of crap and now has a business supported by Daddy.
Skete told tales on me, and now I am blocked 🚫
Side comment Danni has major issues and in my opinion uses husband for a source of income and jumps on any bandwagon aiming to gain followers.
@influencers of course we form opinions of you, based on what you project to the world.. why is it only ok for you to have dribble opinions and content, and block anyone that doesn't agree..
These are just my opinions based on the content I see, and should be viewed as satire.
Interesting about the overpriced statehouse! I feel like they got really 'up themselves' when they brought that house. I saw her on camera once being all "oh no don't show them until its finished" like calm down your reno isn't that amazing.

Reactions: 6
Shes a fraud and at guess wants to be an influencer! I made the mistake of sending her a message about my views on moochstyle and his free but "paid" for vanilla kitchen, his bagging of bunnings because he didn't get a free kitchen from them after he's received 1000s of free stuff from them over the years. The guys a tard and can't even keep track of his lies, Even implies he lives in a desirable area! "Close to Aikmans" name drop.. reality he brought an overpriced state house down the road from the mongrel mob! I know because I live on the same street.. also made the mistake of commenting that Ellie has no real idea of struggle! She has a rich privileged upbringing drives expensive cars eats a massive amount of crap and now has a business supported by Daddy.
Side comment Danni has major issues and in my opinion uses husband for a source of income and jumps on any bandwagon aiming to gain followers.
@influencers of course we form opinions of you, based on what you project to the world.. why is it only ok for you to have dribble opinions and content, and block anyone that doesn't agree..
These are just my opinions based on the content I see, and should be viewed as satire.
Haha could not agree more. He acts like he is such a property guru. I personally think he was gutted they couldn’t move to the actual Aikmans neighbourhood. It’s a nice kitchen but he went on about his ‘high ceilings’ and it’s a standard height kitchen at best and how much storage they have but there is literally no overhead cupboards because of the extractor fan 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Uninterested? I feel like she is uninteresting. So unnatural on camera and no charisma.
I also feel like her fashion is super basic but they act like she is some unique style icon.
I always get the impression she is not in the slightest bit interested in being an influencer or at least being on camera herself.

Reactions: 1
Ok I have finally caught up! I need to hash out about @danni_duncan is anyone else over her?!

I'm so over Simone and her "perfect life" 🤮🤮🤮

Also Sabby Jey is just ughhh she acts like she is so high and mighty over everyone 🤮🤮

Thoughts team?
danni is so preachy and hypocritical. Calls out brands for greenwashing but posts ads for cat food in plastic pouch & off brand stuff like hotel stays. Find the pastel aesthetic immature. Not influenced by her in the slightest.

Reactions: 2
Haha could not agree more. He acts like he is such a property guru. I personally think he was gutted they couldn’t move to the actual Aikmans neighbourhood. It’s a nice kitchen but he went on about his ‘high ceilings’ and it’s a standard height kitchen at best and how much storage they have but there is literally no overhead cupboards because of the extractor fan 🤷🏼‍♀️

You can tell he's gutted he didn't take the cabinetry to ceiling height. It's 101 of interior design to add a premium feel. When people ask why and he says "nope - we wanted this scandi japandi farm house vibe" I hate when people say "nope" you can tell they are annoyed.

I also got annoyed when he was going on about his parents "new venture" they purchased a business (holiday park, I think) but he kept calling it a 'venture'.

Suzanne Paul is the best! I used to work with her and she was so much fun
I really admire her work ethic. Even after her fall from grace, she dusted herself off, got back out there (to malls, showcasing her products) and did what she does best.

I'm surprised that she wasn't one of the presenters on either of the failed Shopping Channels (the original Shopping Channel followed by Yes Shop), or that short-lived TV show The Cafe on TV3. Because that lady could sell snow to the eskimos!

Reactions: 4
Ha I remember when Shayden tried to say he lived close to Aikmans as if they had bought in Merivale. Id say the Little Brown Jug would be more of a local. He sucks up to other influencers because he wants his page shared to gain followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ha I remember when Shayden tried to say he lived close to Aikmans as if they had bought in Merivale. Id say the Little Brown Jug would be more of a local. He sucks up to other influencers because he wants his page shared to gain followers.
Lol aw, bless LBJ 😂 ❤ Old yella

Last edited:
  • Haha
I always get the impression she is not in the slightest bit interested in being an influencer or at least being on camera herself.
And surely no one is actually asking where her outfits are from?! Possibly more of a ploy to try and tag different activewear brands in hope they’ll send her free clothing. I remember when Shayden used to say tit about other influencers and now he’s complaining that the public are gossiping about him. And how is this forum going to make people want to break into there house over any other house. They’re not celebrities people are trying to stalk.

Reactions: 2
We made it a grid post on Officially Em’s page. I’m sure we’re getting more views now, they’ll never learn they drive more people to this thread 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Anyone know why shaanxo said she’s meeting her baby next week - at 38weeks - is she being induced/ C-section? How come?

No judge or hate - just suuuuper nosy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.