New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #10 NZ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For a private school girl Ellie’s grammar is awful - like when she says ‘I seen it’ instead of ‘I saw it’ - one of those grammatical things that bugs the tit out of me.

I like Ellie for the most part though, the new dog is so cute! But weird how she had to get her parents permission to get him, like she’s a teenager and not a grown married woman!
She has mentioned before that she has dylexia so does struggle with some things.
Also not really that weird as they are living on the parents property, plus they already had some animals so makes sense they would need to get permission.

Reactions: 6
I like following her, and often just skip past the content that bothers me. Those questions just irked me as she kept saying she worked hard, almost implying those who don’t have luxury items don’t work hard!
Agree, she kept insisting the fact that she worked hard meant she wasn't inherently privileged? Like I'm not doubting she does work hard but her whole "grew up in a hard working class family" not with privilege. Sis, that doesn't mean you aren't privileged. And the whole "self made privilege" okay but you also have privileges that aren't self made, they're inherent?!?

Privilege is about the things that you didn't have to deal with that would have made things harder - I.e. Growing up with with 2 parents, growing up not having to go hungry, going to a well-resourced school as opposed to a lower decile school (making an assumption here but that would be an example of a privilege). None of those things mean she doesn't work hard now but she needs to acknowledge there are aspects of her upbringing and life that *are* privileges, and indeed, some of those privileges may be what helps her to work so hard (e.g. being in good health, that's another privilege).

Also her whole "Tattlers are mentally ill" thing. Aight hun. I hate how mental illness is thrown around these days, including as a response for people doing something someone else doesn't like (admittedly I've labelled particular behaviours from influencers as unhinged before but I can't necessarily draw total conclusions about their mental state or diagnoses as a result). Last time I checked she worked in the jewellery business and wasn't a registered psych so maybe she should just stick to the diamonds instead of diagnosing people on the Internet. (and that's not meant as an insult to her current job, nothing wrong with her job but maybe she should stay in her lane)

Reactions: 17
I literally cannot stand Uncle Tics. He 100% puts them on, when it’s convenient he doesn’t tic much at all. Certainly nothing like the videos he posts 🙄
Ok this^ I read something about a lady in America who had been sent his profile & she called him a fraud - most likely has Tourette’s but not to the degree he puts them on. Thoughts?

Reactions: 4
Isn’t Dave’s last name Dingwall?
I find if bleeping weird that they use different names everywhere, like kind of dodgy? The only other people I’ve come across online that do that are criminals, divorced woman and tattlers.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Does anyone else feel really sorry for the person who bought the Ms Marnie business?
I was thinking that when I saw a couple of stories from shopwithmsmarnie 😬 it doesn't seem to me that she is putting much effort into it?? Or knows what she is doing. I do feel for her. I wonder if Marnie is giving her much advice on how to move forward??

Reactions: 3
I was thinking that when I saw a couple of stories from shopwithmsmarnie 😬 it doesn't seem to me that she is putting much effort into it?? Or knows what she is doing. I do feel for her. I wonder if Marnie is giving her much advice on how to move forward??
I find it weird that Marnie build up a large following for her business account then changed it to personal and made a new page for the business with much less followers.
But also the new owner is probably still finding their niche. I feel like Marnie could at least still tag the business page when she still wears clothes from her old label though.

Reactions: 9
I find it weird that Marnie build up a large following for her business account then changed it to personal and made a new page for the business with much less followers.
But also the new owner is probably still finding their niche. I feel like Marnie could at least still tag the business page when she still wears clothes from her old label though.
Yea I thought that yesterday when marnie was wearing a msmarnie top. I thought she could have at least tagged the biz or said something like "don't forget to follow and check out the products. They are still available" or something at least?? 🤷‍♀️

I wouldn’t take advice from Marnie if you paid me to. That person could have / should have done their due diligence on the business before buying.

Reactions: 10
Ok this^ I read something about a lady in America who had been sent his profile & she called him a fraud - most likely has Tourette’s but not to the degree he puts them on. Thoughts?
And how would a person on America know this? I’m not sure they are made up, and doing some research on Tourette’s it’s quite easy to see how tics present very differently in people, in different situations, and under different circumstances/pressures. I don’t follow him, but have seen. It’s pretty constant for him, and I’m not sure playing it up when you are getting your hair cut or attempting to use boiling water is a gimmick. I see him making the best of a really tough situation. Yeah he’s likely capitalising on it , but I can’t even imagine having to live with all of that daily.

Reactions: 10
Is everyone ready for simones content when she gets home of cleaning the car, showing load 1 load 2 of washing, showing Maddox had a wash and proberly picking up outside leaves?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Simone has her own thread

I find if bleeping weird that they use different names everywhere, like kind of dodgy? The only other people I’ve come across online that do that are criminals, divorced woman and tattlers.
I can understand her using her full name for when she was working as a lawyer. I don’t think that’s dodgy. And she did court work so if she kept her maiden name professionally that’s not unusual although I think she quit around the same time she got married.

Interesting. Wonder why she goes by Elle? I signed up for one of her ebooks last year and it was sent by Elle Chrisp.
She talked about it a little when she renamed her original blog from Gin and rosewater…

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I can understand her using her full name for when she was working as a lawyer. I don’t think that’s dodgy. And she did court work so if she kept her maiden name professionally that’s not unusual although I think she quit around the same time she got married.

She talked about it a little when she renamed her original blog from Gin and rosewater…
I haven’t followed her that long lol

Reactions: 2

Every time I read her name, I think of Elf Yourself (the Christmas app)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.