New Zealand Influencers #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She probably wouldn’t be able to do it herself? That’s just a guess.

completely agree with everyone’s knowledge on ADHD…I personally just think we’ve had no indication of her having it? On that note, I actually do think there’s a reason we see so many influencers with it. A) impulsive and excessive oversharing B) chaotic disorganisation (“relatable”) C) creativity D) many struggle to hold down regular, normal people work (hence the influencing) E) often very emotive and struggle with emotional regulation …..they really do make lot of sense in that regard. Elle however- high achiever, managed to study and practice LAW???? Manages to run a business? Has sustained long term weight loss and not falling into binge eating cycle? Seems rather regulated with emotion (we don’t see her really high or really low), very considered with what she posts, doesn’t seem to struggle with keeping on top of tasks more than you’d expect of someone with young children…...listen I’m not an expert and if she has it, great, make sure you milk it for CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT, Elle. I need to examine my own emotions around this, but I think that it’s mostly that I feel like we kind of know her character of “what Elle wants, Elle will ACHIEVE”, and this just feels a biiiiiiiit like that. On an aside, I believe myself to have ADHD- I’ve suspected it for about 3 1/2 years now. Why am I not diagnosed? Can’t organise the doctors appointment to get on the path to diagnosis, can I? Lol
Nah honestly only been following Elle for a few months but the way she copes with parenting and her anxieties, food issues, I had actually wondered for awhile if she might be autistic/adhd combo so not surprised she got that diagnosis. Also it is actually common for ND people to do intense degree/careers dye to ability to hyperfocus or may have even been a gifted child or young adult but burnt out post partum.

Reactions: 3
Again, Dani. It’s often not your content, that the fact you come across as a condescending bleep.
I don’t even know how she has followers? He’s got an annoying voice and boring content?
---
Nah honestly only been following Elle for a few months but the way she copes with parenting and her anxieties, food issues, I had actually wondered for awhile if she might be autistic/adhd combo so not surprised she got that diagnosis. Also it is actually common for ND people to do intense degree/careers dye to ability to hyperfocus or may have even been a gifted child or young adult but burnt out post partum.
Another classic and on brand response from you, very good 🙄

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So for those who couldn't bear to watch Marnie live, the basic out take is that her and Steve have discredited everything that two psychologists (who independently assessed Mack for 3 hours) said and have since diagnosed him with something they read on the internet which amounts to a nervous system disorder. Mack hates Moby and Moby hates Mack. Mack has made their life extremely hard and continues to do so. They are thankful he does OK in school as there is no way they can cope with him 24/7.
I know not everyone loves Emily Writes but the way she talks about her ND son and the way this idiot talks about Mack is night and day. That poor bloody boy doesn't stand a chance.
Oh man not surprised she is one of those parents who sees autism is a bad word. Or did they say he had FASD and that's why they don't accept it?

Reactions: 9
Holy tit. That is not the attitude. I've never seen anyone eat as much as she does. She literally has 4, 5 or 6 big meals a day as well as a heap of snacks and that's just what she shows on the gram. And she can say she doesn't give a tit about being fat as much as she likes, it won't stop the health issues that come along with it 😞
Not dismissing her attitude. But food challenges and food addiction is something really poorly supported in this country. Disordered eating is not just Taryn and Elle herself. It’s her and Finau too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anyone have an idea of the cost of cheries pool? Surely well over $100k?
Someone I know has just put one in and it’s probably just as big as hers, if not bigger! By the time they did tiles, landscaping and all that other stuff, it was just over 200k 😬
But also, I say good on her. She’s done well to build up that business and own a new house, be able to put in a pool etc on her own (assuming her and heart eyes didn’t buy that house together?)

Reactions: 14
So for those who couldn't bear to watch Marnie live, the basic out take is that her and Steve have discredited everything that two psychologists (who independently assessed Mack for 3 hours) said and have since diagnosed him with something they read on the internet which amounts to a nervous system disorder. Mack hates Moby and Moby hates Mack. Mack has made their life extremely hard and continues to do so. They are thankful he does OK in school as there is no way they can cope with him 24/7.
I know not everyone loves Emily Writes but the way she talks about her ND son and the way this idiot talks about Mack is night and day. That poor bloody boy doesn't stand a chance.
What the duck is a nervous system disorder?

Reactions: 4
Say what you want about Emily Writes but she's one good human and mother. I've been on the receiving end of her help and kindness. She didn't even know me but I was in a hard spot and she helped. The way she talks about her children is lovely. She is so positive about ND, so loving of her children (and rightly so) and so respectful of them as humans.
I don't agree with Emily on everything, and we have very different world views. I do respect her as a person and mother, and I know which person I'd want parenting my little people and that's Emily.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Just adding this to the earlier chat. . Good god
Why is there not an eye roll reaction
---
Holy tit. That is not the attitude. I've never seen anyone eat as much as she does. She literally has 4, 5 or 6 big meals a day as well as a heap of snacks and that's just what she shows on the gram. And she can say she doesn't give a tit about being fat as much as she likes, it won't stop the health issues that come along with it 😞
Funny how she doesn’t mention that when discussing her “only two eggs for breakfast” haha

Reactions: 4
What the duck is a nervous system disorder?
A made up disorder
---
Well not entirely made up but it's a very broad term that covers a wide variety of things but I'm guessing that Marnie isn't using the term in its proper medical meaning, it'll be like her nervous system disregulation she's always banging on about

Reactions: 5
Hi again Danni 👋🏼

Girl has got it all wrong. We take pleasure in pointing out your ridiculous self centred energy so yes, so be it as you say. I think we could probably flip the script on this one and say to you - if you feel like you need to constantly repeat what we say on here on your account and lead more people here then so be it.

Reactions: 9
Say what you want about Emily Writes but she's one good human and mother. I've been on the receiving end of her help and kindness. She didn't even know me but I was in a hard spot and she helped. The way she talks about her children is lovely. She is so positive about ND, so loving of her children (and rightly so) and so respectful of them as humans.
I don't agree with Emily on everything, and we have very different world views. I do respect her as a person and mother, and I know which person I'd want parenting my little people and that's Emily.
How do you know? Because of her social media? Sure Jan. She is one of the most toxic people out but she just does it in a much smarter way. I think she's scary the difference in her online persona vs how insanely vicious she can be. I've seen her shame and bully many, many women and falls out with anyone the second they stop sucking up to her, but her groupies have no idea. They just think she farts magical rose juice all day long. I'd have nightmares about her parenting my little people, especially girls.
---
Any ideas on who this could be? https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/high-...in-auckland-court-accused-of-family-violence/

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.