New Zealand Influencers #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow 🤯🤯🤯— can you be more condescending Cassie since you’re here. Honestly 🤯
Hahahaahha I love that I triggered her. She actually has no idea what she’s in for, majority of everyone’s bills double in summer here. I’ve lived in WA for my whole life (I’m in my late 30’s). Please just stop Cassie with your bullshit and acting like you know everything. Just own up, you don’t know everything. You actually sound like a big head in those stories. You literally said a few stories back that you aren’t bothered by us but then you keep reacting to every single damn thing!

Reactions: 25
I'm influenced by a very small handful of peeps on social media, all of whom are creatives, sportspeople or businesswomen first, influencers second. It's not necessarily something they chased, more something that came to them, for the most part. Other than that, a little from Facebook groups and podcast content, but mostly (like 85%+) word of mouth from people I personally know.
---
Oh and targeted ads. The algorithm REALLY gets me
Yes I agree. People who actually do something and the followers have come due to that , rather than trying so hard to be an influencer. Like Jess Urlichs. She’s amazing and so talented and I follow her because of her beautiful writing. Not because she tried so hard to be an influencer. She’s genuine and real and sticks to her craft

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Don’t even get me started on Dyson.
Ok you twisted my arm, let me witch about my Dyson until the bloody cows come home.
It’s 3 years old and literally falling apart despite being used purely for vacuuming. You’d think the thing had been used in a battle the way it’s looking.
The thing SUCKS in the worst way. You’ve got to pump the power up to get it to actually suck anything up and even then it prefers to flick stuff over the floors rather than actually vacuum it.
When you pump the power up the battery dies really fast. After 3 years we can barely vacuum our whole house whereas when we first got it we could have done the house 10x over and still had some charge left.
It’s bulky and annoying to use.
You’ve got to buy extra attachments like a flexi hose, it doesn’t come with one.
It’s a mofo to clean and I can never work out how to pull it apart properly.
Hair gets wrapped around the head and it’s impossible to get it off.
It’s tit at sucking up pet hair which is annoying in a house like ours with several pets.
It doesn’t get into corners or edges so you’ve got to run over things like the kitchen kickboards again.

I would NEVER buy another Dyson. I can’t wait to throw mine out and never see it again.
Yes to all of these points! Ours is about the same age and no longer fully charges - I literally pull it off the wall and it's only half charged so I can only do 2 rooms at a time now 🙃 need to buy a new battery but why the duck should I have to?!?!

Reactions: 5
Yes to all of these points! Ours is about the same age and no longer fully charges - I literally pull it off the wall and it's only half charged so I can only do 2 rooms at a time now 🙃 need to buy a new battery but why the duck should I have to?!?!
what kind of Dyson are we talking about here? I was looking to get one but maybe I won’t.

Reactions: 1
Spongebob is really getting on my wick this morning.
Can you imagine being Cassie, 27 (and looking 47) married to your brother and having 6 kids.
Your big Friday night mission is moaning about water bills? FARK THAT.
That would have been my worst nightmare in my 20's. Would rather be dancing up a storm at Dockside at that age.
ETA: I just had a visual of Cassie dancing at Dockside with her black sneakers and flowerly dress and nearly spat my coffee out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Re: Being Influenced
Has anyone tried that toasted sandwich maker that you put in the microwave.
I did see an ad that Simone did for the company and did think it was interesting and I would like one but I will wait until Kmart copy it.
Waaaaaaaa 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7
what kind of Dyson are we talking about here? I was looking to get one but maybe I won’t.
We’ve had our V6 Animal Extra for over five years and it’s been fine. We did have the battery replaced at around the two year mark but Dyson sent us a new one for free even though it was outside the warranty. I’m not sure I would pay over the $1,000 that some models retail for but our $500 model has been worth the money.

Reactions: 5
Re: Being Influenced
Has anyone tried that toasted sandwich maker that you put in the microwave.
I did see an ad that Simone did for the company and did think it was interesting and I would like one but I will wait until Kmart copy it.
Waaaaaaaa 😁
I wouldn’t buy it, from them or a Kmart version. I never use plastics in the microwave. Even “microwave-safe” plastics will leech into your food. Microwave-safe just means the plastics literally won’t melt.

I also wouldn’t buy it because their spokesperson is a bleeping dick.

Reactions: 18
I am so baffled by 50000kiwi kids. I never even heard of the lady before this forum and my god the fact she even has a following is beyond me. She’s just embarrassing herself by addressing everything said on here. Just ignore it like everyone else, she just feeds us by reacting 😂 It’s also a sad society we live in when people are willing to spend $10 a month on people’s dribble about their boring lives. Get some friends and ask them about their boring lives for FREE 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am so baffled by 50000kiwi kids. I never even heard of the lady before this forum and my god the fact she even has a following is beyond me. She’s just embarrassing herself by addressing everything said on here. Just ignore it like everyone else, she just feeds us by reacting 😂 It’s also a sad society we live in when people are willing to spend $10 a month on people’s dribble about their boring lives. Get some friends and ask them about their boring lives for FREE 😂
She's actually carved out a reasonably smart niche as a self titled expert on moving to Australia and that has helped her patronage grow recently, especially at the moment when every second person is whinging about living in NZ.
However, I think she will have the sort of patronage that people will pay for some of the high level information and then leave the same month when they work out her costs are based on living in a crappy crime ridden town that is really like Hamilton with a BeAcH.
For most kiwis she ain't living the dream, for her yes escaping one bogan town for another (sorry if anyone's from Hamilton!) with feel good for now, plus she's away from the rest of her inbred family so that sounds like a good thing, but the dream for most ain't what Cassie is doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Re water bill- we only paid $40 quarterly however now rent the house and tenants bill was over $100!
Don’t buy the plastic toastie thing- microwaving plastic is so bad. I’ve decided people just don’t unfollow influencers anymore. Some don’t post for ages but their numbers don’t drop. I guess a lot of people just scroll past, ignore or aren’t even on social media a lot.

Reactions: 7
Re water bill- we only paid $40 quarterly however now rent the house and tenants bill was over $100!
Don’t buy the plastic toastie thing- microwaving plastic is so bad. I’ve decided people just don’t unfollow influencers anymore. Some don’t post for ages but their numbers don’t drop. I guess a lot of people just scroll past, ignore or aren’t even on social media a lot.
I mute a lot of people's stories tbh, and only unfollow if they really grind my gears lol
Like I muted Kateyourmate cause I just couldn't with another boujee ad for kids gear AGAIN 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Elle herself is practicing hand holding and walking with the twins. Why does she have to practice everything before they do it "for real". Last weekend it was sleeping practice in the prams. I don't think she deals with baby melt downs in public

And the twins didn't given up their dummies (pacifiers) at three months even with the professional (AD) training they received. They had that melt down on their US trip and they've been back ever since. Why does Elle need to pretend otherwise

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Don’t even get me started on Dyson.
Ok you twisted my arm, let me witch about my Dyson until the bloody cows come home.
It’s 3 years old and literally falling apart despite being used purely for vacuuming. You’d think the thing had been used in a battle the way it’s looking.
The thing SUCKS in the worst way. You’ve got to pump the power up to get it to actually suck anything up and even then it prefers to flick stuff over the floors rather than actually vacuum it.
When you pump the power up the battery dies really fast. After 3 years we can barely vacuum our whole house whereas when we first got it we could have done the house 10x over and still had some charge left.
It’s bulky and annoying to use.
You’ve got to buy extra attachments like a flexi hose, it doesn’t come with one.
It’s a mofo to clean and I can never work out how to pull it apart properly.
Hair gets wrapped around the head and it’s impossible to get it off.
It’s tit at sucking up pet hair which is annoying in a house like ours with several pets.
It doesn’t get into corners or edges so you’ve got to run over things like the kitchen kickboards again.

I would NEVER buy another Dyson. I can’t wait to throw mine out and never see it again.
Absolute hatred here too

meant to be the one that’s great with pet hair, as soon as one hair goes up the damn thing it shuts off cos it’s blocked

It’s constantly blocked on thin air and we keep that thing clean.

the only thing it’s great for is all the stairs in our house, but I’m sure I could have sound something cheaper than like $1k to do it

wonder if I can sell it off 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wait are we all just ignoring this or
That makes no sense at all!

Had a Dyson before they became popular and it died after 5 years. As much as I would love a cordless vac, I can’t justify the cost when I already have a vacuum cleaner I have to plug in. But it’s like the Kracher window cleaner. I only use it for condensation! I don’t think it’s great at cleaning windows at all.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.