New Zealand Influencers #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol I posted the other day about Erin’s boy wearing little ones nappies in her story even though she works with treasures, then in todays story now he’s wearing Pam’s lol 😂
---
I agree rachels kids look nothing alike but she doesn’t strike me as a cheater. Strange does anyone know her irl?
honestly some siblings do just look different.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't have an issue with Katie sharing their dinner habits and asking for input. You have to remember that she only has one child and a job that probably makes timing unpredictable. At least she put out the question and it seems like she's actually discussed it with her followers and is taking on the feedback. That in itself is rare for any influencer.

I don't think we could say Elle herself would have done the same... that self obsessed weirdo would have made a whole YouTube vlog about their 'journey to eating dinner as a family' and ignored any and all feedback from her followers 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I don't have an issue with Katie sharing their dinner habits and asking for input. You have to remember that she only has one child and a job that probably makes timing unpredictable. At least she put out the question and it seems like she's actually discussed it with her followers and is taking on the feedback. That in itself is rare for any influencer.

I don't think we could say Elle herself would have done the same... that self obsessed weirdo would have made a whole YouTube vlog about their 'journey to eating dinner as a family' and ignored any and all feedback from her followers 🤷‍♀️
I just can't believe Katys daughter goes to bed at 545pm??! Isn't she almost school aged?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I just can't believe Katys daughter goes to bed at 545pm??! Isn't she almost school aged?
Yeah ok that part is pretty strange 😂
I think she is nearly school aged but Katie seems to baby her quite a lot so I always think of her as being younger. I wonder if Katie will be popping to the school at lunch time to give her a little breast feed or if they've stopped now 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Surely there is no way 5000 kids gets asked those questions? I mean people are surely not that desperate to know about her life? And her sec life...pass the vomit bag.

I love her reply about the tattle question....as they get more successful we get more jealous?!?!
Lady...please get this through your head...we may be many things but we are absolutely not jealous of your perceived success living in a crappy town with a crappy rental with your crappy grocery hauls posting photos of your kids lunches every day. Bring on this mega million buck mechanic gig and then I'll get back to you on the jealousy but for now it ain't it girlfriend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
my 3 year old goes to bed at that time , some kids just need more sleep than others, whatever works best!

Reactions: 7
eating together as a family has always been my one non-negotiable as a parent. It’s the one of only times of the day that my partner gets to chat and connect with the kids. But we are fortunate that he is home by 5pm for dinner. I know a lot of working families etc can’t have that luxury and it’s easier to have something easier for the kids and eat yourselves later. I do notice our kids eat the same meals as us so much better if we are all eating together! I must admit even I was surprised at Katie’s poll results, I would have thought there was a higher proportion of people who eat separately!

Reactions: 5
Came here to say this. Being shocked that a working parent can’t eat with their young child is just beyond ridiculous. Some people just don’t have the luxury of eating together at 5pm. Most of us will have only just got home from work around that time and if your kid is young and going to bed early then it’s impossible.
To clarify, I wasn't shocked that she wasn't eating with her child. I was shocked she plonked her in front of a device while she ate. It's known to cause mindless eating and over eating issues. I said if you are able to, eating together is so good to do to reconnect but I do understand this isn't always possible. But then if you look at the photo, Katie is clearly home yet the child is still alone on the table with her device. Is the nanny also not sitting with her when Katie and her husband are at work? It just looked sad to me. Especially because someone was clearly home to take a photo of it lol

Reactions: 8

I was surprised by Katie’s stories and the early bed time and screen time for her daughter at meal time but I agree I think she approached the issue in a good way and was actually interested in the feedback. It didn’t seem like she took the responses as criticism or was overly defensive. She also (later) acknowledged that it is very much a privilege to even be able to have a sit down family meal together.

Also wanted to add about Katie - she has shared she has had issues around food in the past and I think she works hard to make meal times very non-confrontational. I agree that screens down, family meals promote better and more intuitive eating but maybe she wanted to make sure meal time was never a battle and a positive experience for her daughter? Not saying she achieved that but I think it can be complex if you have issues with disordered eating in the past.

Absolutely bang on about Elle! You’ve prob given her a great idea for her next click bait you tube video 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I can count on both hands the amount of times we've eaten as a complete family 🙃 the joys of having a husband who works up to 18 hour days and also spends nights away 🤷🏼‍♀️
As I'm parenting alone the majority of the time, when the kids eat is usually a great time for me to get on with household stuff uninterrupted, but it is something I'd love to change though and need to make it a priority to find a mealtime that works for me to sit with them. I appreciated the person who wrote to Katie saying it was a privilege to be able to do it, because I wholeheartedly agree. I acknowledge I could do far better in that area though and family meals is something I'd love to be possible but it just isn't in the seasons we've been in so far.
---
I was surprised by Katie’s stories and the early bed time and screen time for her daughter at meal time but I agree I think she approached the issue in a good way and was actually interested in the feedback. It didn’t seem like she took the responses as criticism or was overly defensive. She also (later) acknowledged that it is very much a privilege to even be able to have a sit down family meal together.

Also wanted to add about Katie - she has shared she has had issues around food in the past and I think she works hard to make meal times very non-confrontational. I agree that screens down, family meals promote better and more intuitive eating but maybe she wanted to make sure meal time was never a battle and a positive experience for her daughter? Not saying she achieved that but I think it can be complex if you have issues with disordered eating in the past.

Absolutely bang on about Elle! You’ve prob given her a great idea for her next click bait you tube video 😂
Agreed. I think she came at it from a good place, and I sure appreciated the feedback. I initially felt a lot of guilt reading the poll results, but I took a step back and realised I don't have the privilege of a husband who works office hours, nor do I have the all elusive village to help me (oh how I'd kill for a nanny!)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am waaayyy too lazy to be making separate meals for my children so we’ve always eaten dinner at the table and they’ve always eaten whatever we’ve eaten.

And I’m always slightly amused when people who put their children to be at 6pm complain about them waking early in the morning...

Reactions: 13
How long ago did bernadebt film this tv thingee? Do we know?
I remember her saying when she was in the States, the reason she had to haphazardly do the rush dye job on her hair, was because she was filming ✨cOnTeNt✨ and needed the Ronald McDonald hair for continuity to match some older Mag Kitchen stuff she’d filmed. …so I’m ASSUMING while she was over there??

Reactions: 4
I'm old school but I see no place for an iPad while having a meal.
If she quitting her job to be more present with her kid why can't she actually do the small things like engage at meal time. She doesn't need to eat then.

Reactions: 15
W
How boring is Makaia Carr these days, not getting pissed anymore and not EVEN calling people 'basic witches' at 11pm on the weekends (lol).
She run through a lot of friendships in the 3 years she's lived in Papamoa.
I wouldn't trust that BIG BIRD MAN as far as I could throw her !! She love bombs people then dumps them.
ETA - Wouldn't mind eating those sausage rolls at Kit's Ninja PAR TAE
ould love more tea on her have followed from way back always felt something off with her , looks like she doesn’t have patreon anymore? How the duck does she fund the lifestyle she lives ??
---
Yes and who tf is asking about her dad's tattoos as well? Is her dad one of the main characters on her insta? Idk I don't follow her. She must ask these questions to herself because wtf.
they all look like brothers & sisters 🤢🤢🤢father looks just as gross

Reactions: 7
For someone someone so obsessed with keto and ‘healthy’ eating the food colouring alone in this shite is such a contradiction, why would you give it too your ‘babies’
Yes I saw this and realistically what ‘decorating’ could they do? Or actually be allowed to do. Seemed like an activity way above their age

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.