New Zealand Chat Off-topic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the best acne treatment for teen skin.

My 15yo son has broken out bigtime and we'll head down to Bargain Chemist or the Chemist Warehouse later on. He's happy to sleep with patches on, and he's good with washing his face.

Washes, patches, creams ... not fussy
This is absolutely medical advice and I definitely should be not giving it but I’d see a GP Or dermatologist and ask about roaccutane. Teenage acne is a horrid thing to go through and the treatment is brutal but it is WORTH IT. I went on it for a year or so in my teens and have had nothing but clear skin since. It’s an absolute godsend.

Reactions: 3
This is absolutely medical advice and I definitely should be not giving it but I’d see a GP Or dermatologist and ask about roaccutane. Teenage acne is a horrid thing to go through and the treatment is brutal but it is WORTH IT. I went on it for a year or so in my teens and have had nothing but clear skin since. It’s an absolute godsend.
Second vote for roaccutane

I was on a strong version they don’t have anymore and I swear to who it was significantly better within a week

when I had it over 20 years ago 😳 it was done via a dermatologist

I was 12/13 and I think on it less the a yesr

the only issues I get now is the odd hormonal spot thanks PMS

I’m 39 and been clear of it since 13, skipped adult acne many seem to have in their late 20s too

forever grateful my parents spent that small fortune on me in intermediate

it was so thick, red angry and sore

I'm absolutely not opposed to roaccutane, but it's not at that stage. We'll be straight to the Doc if it ever gets to that stage.

We got some 10% benzac ointment, some Thayers toner, and some patches. I have gentle cleanser in the shower he can use too.

Thanks 👍 😊

I have these and was thinking today I need a second pair as I wear them so much! Casual wear and I wear them out for dinners or whatever too.

they’re def not as soft as the Lululemon ones but you could buy two Boody for the price of Lululemon 😋

I couldn't put down MPs book. It was really engrossing and quite honest and raw in many parts. It almost seemed like he was never going to be on this earth for a long time. RIP Matthew, thank you for giving us a Chandler.
I hate to say it now, but I hated it. He came across as such a narcissistic misogynist to me. The way he spoke about the women he dated was awful.

That being said, I think it was clear that this world just did not have the tools to help him in this lifetime. Addiction is a terrible disease and in time we will find prevention and a cure, but it’s now clear that he was beyond help. He spent something like $9m on trying to overcome it, and sadly he simply couldn’t.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hoping this is the sort of thing I can post here BUT, after the post about the absolutely atrocious ruby and rain pants in the main thread today, I was wondering - does anyone have any recommendations for flattering mid-size pants?? I need to stop just wearing leggings everyday 🥲
I love my Taylor sport weekender pants so comfy
---
I rate roaccutane aswell I’ve been on it twice! Only down side is the side effects but they are manageable if you get clear skin 😂

Reactions: 1
I have these and was thinking today I need a second pair as I wear them so much! Casual wear and I wear them out for dinners or whatever too.

they’re def not as soft as the Lululemon ones but you could buy two Boody for the price of Lululemon 😋

Ooh have you worn lulus as well to compare? I wouldn’t mind a second pair and these look good but not as high waisted which I also love my lulus for but this price point is a bit better!

Have never heard of these weekender pants might go try some on! Although I actually need shorts for summer that aren’t bike shorts lol I’d love a good pair of soft stretchy mid thigh denim but they seem impossible for a bigger (14/16) gal.

Ooh have you worn lulus as well to compare? I wouldn’t mind a second pair and these look good but not as high waisted which I also love my lulus for but this price point is a bit better!

Have never heard of these weekender pants might go try some on! Although I actually need shorts for summer that aren’t bike shorts lol I’d love a good pair of soft stretchy mid thigh denim but they seem impossible for a bigger (14/16) gal.
No, I’ve just felt my mums ones 😂 can’t try them on because she’s tiny haha

I’ll check the waist when I put mine on today but I gotta have high waist and don’t think I’ve ever thought they weren’t high enough.

I’m the same with shorts! So hard to find so I’m usually just in light, linen pants.

No, I’ve just felt my mums ones 😂 can’t try them on because she’s tiny haha

I’ll check the waist when I put mine on today but I gotta have high waist and don’t think I’ve ever thought they weren’t high enough.

I’m the same with shorts! So hard to find so I’m usually just in light, linen pants.
Got the boody pants on and they are high! I’m 175cm.

I hate to say it now, but I hated it. He came across as such a narcissistic misogynist to me. The way he spoke about the women he dated was awful.

That being said, I think it was clear that this world just did not have the tools to help him in this lifetime. Addiction is a terrible disease and in time we will find prevention and a cure, but it’s now clear that he was beyond help. He spent something like $9m on trying to overcome it, and sadly he simply couldn’t.
Whaaat? I haunt read the book yet but never got that vibe from him. also I am pretty sure he had got sober hadn't he?I dont think his death was drug related?

I'm absolutely not opposed to roaccutane, but it's not at that stage. We'll be straight to the Doc if it ever gets to that stage.

We got some 10% benzac ointment, some Thayers toner, and some patches. I have gentle cleanser in the shower he can use too.

Thanks 👍 😊
Benzac has been amazing for me! However I was recommended to start with the 5% as it’s really strong. I started with the higher one and ended up with huge red, sore, almost burns on my face.
You also need to make sure you keep up with sunscreen and hats as it makes your skin sensitive to the sun and easily burnt.

Whaaat? I haunt read the book yet but never got that vibe from him. also I am pretty sure he had got sober hadn't he?I dont think his death was drug related?
I never had that vibe from him either! But I definitely got it from his words.

I don’t know re his death, but even if he had been “sober” when he died, I truly think it would have been short-lived and he would have relapsed and it would have beaten him eventually. It’s a very insightful book into addiction and really eye opening - it just seemed like he was stuck in an endless cycle and he didn’t have the tools to get out of it. And it’s not like he didn’t have access to the existing tools that have helped a lot of people…

I also don’t think anyone can say his death had nothing to do with addiction even if he was sober when he died - it would have been a tremendous strain on his heart and other organs to go through that for 20+ years, so I feel it’s all related.

All very speculative but that’s just how it seems to me. It’s still incredibly sad.

Thanks 👍 😊
My son has the benzac face wash, cream and a tea tree moisturiser. His skin is still pretty bad but he's not great at remembering to use it and picks quite a lot. My daughters both have beautiful skin but I think that's because they're both obsessed with their skin care routines (thanks tiktock). My husband went down the roaccutane path as a teen and I had treatment for not acne but something similar I think it was Milia in my 20s and my skin is finally good in my 40s.

Ama
@welcomewelcome Boody pants are on sale today, if you wanna try them. I wear size L and am 14/16.
I also love their full bust wireless bra, if you’re looking for job wire. I weirdly wear a small but would normally be 12/14 c or d maybe (not entirely sure as don’t ever wear underwire).
Amazing thank you!!! Will look at the bras too

Coming back to say Summer Brons tan isn’t ideal for me. Legs- nope! I have issues with ingrown hairs and bumpy skin. Unfortunately unlike greedy influencers no one is giving me free hair removal sessions. So it looks awful in my legs. Bondi Sand absorbed better.
Rest of body I would use it. Ok colour. Bottle has started to leak though and I’m still not that use to how green it looks on.
I can get my regular tan cheaper as well.

I brought the essano no needle filter serum after reading in here and can say I rate it! My skin feels firmer and looks good! I also brought those gummies and didn’t notice anything Re appetite but they’re yum and still good regardless so also a yay!

I bought some boody pants and shorts, looking forward to trying them! I’m also going to try the essano no filler serum too once I run out of my current one. I already used the gummies so wasn’t influenced on those lol but love having this space for genuine recommendations!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.