New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chafing is the absolute worst 😭😭 thanks for the recommendation! I just bought some from Boody but they don’t suck me in!
Oh they aren’t compressionware - they’re super soft on and don’t squeeze ya. Ideal for everyday wear - I like compression for an occasion. I looked at boody too but these were actually cheaper and I could try them on.

Reactions: 4
Where do you buy toiletries/make up? I’ve been to Mecca but it’s quite high end - where can I get mid priced stuff? I needed conditioner and could only find a Body Shop for something that wasn’t like $70.

Where do you buy toiletries/make up? I’ve been to Mecca but it’s quite high end - where can I get mid priced stuff? I needed conditioner and could only find a Body Shop for something that wasn’t like $70.
Chemist warehouse! The soap and glory range at mecca is really well priced and really good, but I go to CW for pretty much everything

Reactions: 5
Thank you! - It wouldn’t have occurred to me that you could buy stuff like that anywhere with warehouse in the name 😂

Mcobeauty is great. Also find a ‘dupe’ website and it literally tells you what is the dupe to high end makeup and other things.

Reactions: 2
chemist warehouse is great! I can spend ages in there. Also second the mco range. My tween daughter knows more than I do - and spends more on skincare and cosmetics than I could justify (big family/xmas vouchers) but she actually teaches me things too. The ordinary is good too (in my unprofessional opinion).

Reactions: 1
Does anyone here use melatonin? My son is 5 and always been a terrible sleeper. Was really keen to try get it prescribed but have recently heard it can cause quite bad and vivid dreams.. a bit unsure.

Does anyone here use melatonin? My son is 5 and always been a terrible sleeper. Was really keen to try get it prescribed but have recently heard it can cause quite bad and vivid dreams.. a bit unsure.
I take it every night. Have never had an issue with dreams or anything out of the ordinary.
If you can get it off Amazon, try that. The prescription stuff here is expensive and weak.

Reactions: 2
I take it every night. Have never had an issue with dreams or anything out of the ordinary.
If you can get it off Amazon, try that. The prescription stuff here is expensive and weak.
Thank you so much! I used to buy mine from iherb but they stopped shipping it to nz a year or so ago! What brand do you buy? Do you have to get a letter from your gp to get it through customs?

I also read somewhere that customs have clamped down hard and are not letting anything with melatonin through. I think it’s only possible through your gp. Seems so silly

Thank you so much! I used to buy mine from iherb but they stopped shipping it to nz a year or so ago! What brand do you buy? Do you have to get a letter from your gp to get it through customs?
Ahh I didn’t realise there were restrictions on this! I buy mine when I’m in the US and bring it back.

Trigger: child abuse
I just came across this article of this disgustingly vile pos being deported to chch where I believe he’ll be free? I live in Auckland/Waikato but I’m bleeping appalled. His own children have said he is a big threat to society and in particular children…. But he’s already served in aus so I assume won’t face chargers here therefore be free? Ughhhhhh.

‘Devil from hell’: Children reveal dad’s sadistic abuse
https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/350155250/children-man-set-be-deported-reveal-sadistic-abuse

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I just came across this article of this disgustingly vile pos being deported to chch where I believe he’ll be free? I live in Auckland/Waikato but I’m bleeping appalled. His own children have said he is a big threat to society and in particular children…. But he’s already served in aus so I assume won’t face chargers here therefore be free? Ughhhhhh.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/350155250/children-man-set-be-deported-reveal-sadistic-abuse
bleeping gross

This is actually so concerning for me. I live in Christchurch and have children.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.