New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t believe we’re already on thread number 2 😂 turns out, we love a natter.

What was the worst piece of advice you were given as a new mum?
The worst piece of advice I was given, unsolicited as bastard per, was I shouldn't use the fabric sling. It'd get her too used to being next to me and I won't be able to wear perfume. Thanks randomer in a coffee shop, I'll definitely heed your advice ya wrinkled old weapon.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have multiple, one of which is my overall boss at my current work 😐 which honestly I have absolutely never verbalised. I’m quite open about the LinkedIn work crush - with my old colleagues and they think it’s hilarious (but we fancy each other so this has provided great amusement to all for the past decade). For some reason my type in work appears to be mathematicians 🤦🏻‍♀️ help me 🫠
😂😂😂 nerds can be sexy tbf. Guessing your non work type isn’t mathematicians???

my work crush type is German (?). At my old work it was mutual also, which is hilarious because he was literally the opposite of my husband: studious, tall, blonde, skinny, there’s a picture of me and him stood by the Berlin Wall pretending to be angry at each other because apparently at 3am we found it hilarious.

wow sorry for the me-rail, what a blast from the pre-mini muffin past 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
😂😂😂 nerds can be sexy tbf. Guessing your non work type isn’t mathematicians???

my work crush type is German (?). At my old work it was mutual also, which is hilarious because he was literally the opposite of my husband: studious, tall, blonde, skinny, there’s a picture of me and him stood by the Berlin Wall pretending to be angry at each other because apparently at 3am we found it hilarious.

wow sorry for the me-rail, what a blast from the pre-mini muffin past 😂
I dunno, I do love a geek - although I wouldn’t say husband would fit that category. Not that I think husband checked out as being my type up til the point we got together anyway, having had a slew of optically challenged, skinny, tall, white dudes as beaus.

• Haha
The worst advice I received which i found more stupid than anything was I should be putting him down drowsy but awake from a month old. I even tried it for ages and felt like a failure cos it wasn’t successful. But nearly 9 months on I’m more than happy feeding and rocking him to sleep!

We survived our first week at work and daycare!! I miss spending the day with him and man, it is a military operation at night doing dinner bath bed then getting everything sorted for the next day. So glad to have the next 3 days with my boy 😭

He also FINALLY cut his first tooth today! Big things happening in our little family this week!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So sorry, this is as off topic as you could possibly get but my long standing work crush has pinged me on LinkedIn for a coffee and he said seeing me on his birthday would be a good birthday present and added a wink emoji and I’ve literally blushed like a school girl. Then I’ve completely brushed over the flirty message and told him I’m waiting on a calendar invite but what time can he make 🙈😭🤪
Haha this made me laugh.
My husband was my work crush 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haha this made me laugh.
My husband was my work crush 😂
Same! And he still is, we work for the same local authorities, just in different (yet very similar) departments! I do also fancy one of my managers though, she's in her mid 50s and a total milf - a real tomboy and excellent at her job. He's well aware of this though 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Same! And he still is, we work for the same local authorities, just in different (yet very similar) departments! I do also fancy one of my managers though, she's in her mid 50s and a total milf - a real tomboy and excellent at her job. He's well aware of this though 😆
It’s funny how many people meet their other halves at work isn’t it!
I actually just got a Facebook memories of us announcing our first baby, and it’s the first time I’d posted him on social media and most people at work didn’t know 😂 ahhhh to go back to the fun times!!!
Me and my husband have similar jobs, both in the same department but he’s a lot more senior which obviously made for some good office gossip at the time x

• Heart
It’s funny how many people meet their other halves at work isn’t it!
I actually just got a Facebook memories of us announcing our first baby, and it’s the first time I’d posted him on social media and most people at work didn’t know 😂 ahhhh to go back to the fun times!!!
Me and my husband have similar jobs, both in the same department but he’s a lot more senior which obviously made for some good office gossip at the time x
I love that! You definitely would've been the talk of the water dispenser 😂

We've worked together our entire relationship - when we first met he was my manager, but then he left & came back at a lower level just to work with me 😅 then we got together! I think it's helped us understand each other a lot more & work better as a team than we would've if we hadn't worked together, as we've very different temperaments. However, when we announced we'd gotten married, we also experienced the "I didn't even know you were together!" despite the fact we'd lived together for 3 years by that point 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My dad was my mum’s boss and they also didn’t tell anyone, then she pulled aside her two work friends to say they were getting married and they laughed and didn’t believe her 😂

ETA I met mr muffin on tinder. He was only meant to bea quick shag

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I love that! You definitely would've been the talk of the water dispenser 😂

We've worked together our entire relationship - when we first met he was my manager, but then he left & came back at a lower level just to work with me 😅 then we got together! I think it's helped us understand each other a lot more & work better as a team than we would've if we hadn't worked together, as we've very different temperaments. However, when we announced we'd gotten married, we also experienced the "I didn't even know you were together!" despite the fact we'd lived together for 3 years by that point 🙃
Oh so cute!!!!
Yes when I went on maternity leave, my team put photos all around the office. (& I mean everywhere! 😂) and so many people came up to me and was like I didn’t realise that your [name] was [name]. He was senior leadership by this point too! Definitely talked about at the water dispenser!!!!
---
My dad was my mum’s boss and they also didn’t tell anyone, then she pulled aside her two work friends to say they were getting married and they laughed and didn’t believe her 😂
I love these stories. My in laws have a family business and my MIL was PA to my FIL’s Dad. And that’s how they met!

• Heart
My parents met at work when they were 20 - they were both nurses but I think my mum was somehow already a sister so was bossing him around (and still does 🤭). I'm not sure I've ever fancied anyone I've worked with (except for when me and my husband worked for the same supermarket when we were at uni - obviously it was him I fancied haha although a few of the people on his department kept telling him I was fit 😅). I'm not a nun and often have crushes in general, I just always seem to work with old people, women or creeps 😂 I still get a bit flustered when I see my teenage crushes' name pop up on facebook but aside from him surprisingly being chatty on Facebook messenger a couple of months ago we don't communicate and he definitely never fancied me back 😅

• Heart
This is a fun offshoot... who has a celebrity crush? Bonus points if it's a weird one!

My more normal celebrity crushes are Gwendoline Christie & Emma Thompson (honestly I could name about 30 other female celebs I fancy 😬). My weirder ones are Gary Oldman & Greg Davies (I could not name 30 more men in general that I fancy, let alone celebs).

• Heart
My parents met at work when they were 20 - they were both nurses but I think my mum was somehow already a sister so was bossing him around (and still does 🤭). I'm not sure I've ever fancied anyone I've worked with (except for when me and my husband worked for the same supermarket when we were at uni - obviously it was him I fancied haha although a few of the people on his department kept telling him I was fit 😅). I'm not a nun and often have crushes in general, I just always seem to work with old people, women or creeps 😂 I still get a bit flustered when I see my teenage crushes' name pop up on facebook but aside from him surprisingly being chatty on Facebook messenger a couple of months ago we don't communicate and he definitely never fancied me back 😅
I’ve given up work now but before that I’ve worked in really big FMCG and so there’s always been really attractive males!!
I’m on a life story share here 😂 but the teenage crush made me think…. I moved away 12 years ago and genuinely didn’t think anyone was that interested. Anyway had a couple of relationships and then met my husband, we moved back ‘home’ and quite a few people since have been like but you’re the one that everyone liked.
My teenage self would have been a lot happier to know that at the time 🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Heart
So today I did one of those corporate training things with the colour personality types (where you’re categorised as Blue if you’re reallly about the details/Red if you’re really outcomes focussed etc…) and I was trying to explain it to my husband, and I said that you could overlay mine and my colleague’s profiles and it would look like the same profile and our boss said “maybe we need a more diverse type of person in the team!” And my husband said “yeah, we need more people oriented people” my profile is literally all people focussed and I feel quite hurt? Like I’m having a bit of trouble articulating it but also I think he really brings out my red qualities 😂 because he dicks about so much.

for reference, it’s one of these kind of things:
IMG_3840.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So today I did one of those corporate training things with the colour personality types (where you’re categorised as Blue if you’re reallly about the details/Red if you’re really outcomes focussed etc…) and I was trying to explain it to my husband, and I said that you could overlay mine and my colleague’s profiles and it would look like the same profile and our boss said “maybe we need a more diverse type of person in the team!” And my husband said “yeah, we need more people oriented people” my profile is literally all people focussed and I feel quite hurt? Like I’m having a bit of trouble articulating it but also I think he really brings out my red qualities 😂 because he dicks about so much.

for reference, it’s one of these kind of things:
View attachment 2801695
I love these types of things. I’m yellow & green and my husband red & blue 😂😂😂😂

I do think that you can be a person at work (depending on your role) that can be different at home. Especially when, you have young kids! I don’t think I’m very yellow and green at home 🙈

• Heart
This is a fun offshoot... who has a celebrity crush? Bonus points if it's a weird one!

My more normal celebrity crushes are Gwendoline Christie & Emma Thompson (honestly I could name about 30 other female celebs I fancy 😬). My weirder ones are Gary Oldman & Greg Davies (I could not name 30 more men in general that I fancy, let alone celebs).
Ewan McGregor.

Jason Patric

Richard Ayoade

I love these types of things. I’m yellow & green and my husband red & blue 😂😂😂😂

I do think that you can be a person at work (depending on your role) that can be different at home. Especially when, you have young kids! I don’t think I’m very yellow and green at home 🙈
My favourite thing is a red and blue having an argument. 🤣 the PA at my old work was red and the CFO was blue and he would calmly wipe the floor with her as she frothed at the mouth.

that’s a really good point - I am very nurturing with the girls but I’m not sure I have anything left in the tank by the end of the day!