Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I’m not due til October, but does anyone know how quickly you can go back on the pill after giving birth (mainly to try and get some sort of regularity back with periods)?

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
Anyone any tips to help a baby that’s a bit constipated? She’s on carobel currently for silent reflux and it has really helped her, she has been on it for a few months and has been fine, but we upped her ozs of milk to 8ozs a few days ago as she’s sleeping through the night now and 6ozs wasn’t filling her anymore and we added an extra scoop of carobel as it’s one scoop per 2oz of milk and it’s made her a bit constipated, we’ve reduced the carobel back again so hoping it will help but any other tips/advice would be appreciated

mg89

Chatty Member
My eldest son screamed like a wild banshee for what felt like seventy hours 🤣 he cried all the time anyway, but the younger two also did it so much be a “thing”. They didn’t do men b when my eldest had it so I was somewhat shocked when it happened 🤣
Hahaha! The nights after both of those jabs were awful for us, I co-slept to try and comfort him but he would just wake up screaming or whimpering. Felt so bad for him! We had the constsnt crying at that age too, it's relentless. We now have a constant moaning noise and whining, needing to be moved and given something new to play with about every 45 seconds. :ROFLMAO:

mg89

Chatty Member
My health visitor was due out today and hasn't bothered showing up or even calling me to let me know she's not coming 😒 last time I text her she never even bothered getting back to me. Feel like I've wasted my morning and afternoon sitting about waiting on her
That is so annoying! Do they have a main duty number you can ring to let them know they've stood you up and you've waited in for them?

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Thanks ladies! I’ve just looked up cmpa and it definitely seems like she has a lot of similar symptoms. I’ve going to raise it with my HV and see what she says. I’ve spoken to her about it before, but I think it’s hard to tell with younger babies as they’re often fussy with bottles aren’t they until they settle into it. I feel like by 6 weeks she should be feeding more comfortably than this though so it’s got to be something bothering her!

Cranial Osteopathy sounds interesting I’d never heard of it just read an article and it definitely sounds like it could help. If you don’t mind me asking, how does it work? Do you go for a few sessions, or just once?

Thanks so much ladies xxx
So we’ve only had 2 sessions, I’m booked in next week for another but not sure whether to cancel it yet as baby seems ok. If I’m honest, I couldn’t tell you what he does 😂 the movements are so small and gentle but my understanding is it sort of releases any tension baby has. My labour was very quick and apparently that can be a bit wild for babies, didn’t know!
most my family think it’s a complete waste of time but they don’t see what goes on, they just get the cuddles and that’s it lol.
good luck with everythingx

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Oh my god, thank you! I am SO ACHEY, my legs and back in particular! I’ve not seen anyone else say this. I genuinely feel like I’ve aged about 30 years 😂
I’m hoping a couple of sports massages may help. Did your friend say how long it lasted for?!
Oh yes, thank you for mentioning this. My knees are SO painful. Every morning and in the night when I get up. It's such a strange one! Really hoping it's not a permanent thing 😭

Mine has gone already at 3 weeks pp, but my friend said hers lasted a few months. It definitely goes though!

WhatABore

VIP Member
Omg I’m on another birth forum and a woman from my birth month (March 2021) put a post up yesterday saying she’s had unprotected sex a couple of times with her partner pulling out and her period hasn’t come yet. Is there a chance she could be pregnant? ERM YES LOL.

Changing the subject here but I’m in the process of buying a travel cot and the mattress size is 100cm x 60cm, but I can’t seem to find a fitted sheet for it, am I being stupid? I can find 120x70? Husband says just risk it and see what it’s like but surely that’ll be flapping about and really risky? Or are you supposed to go bigger because it wraps round the mattress?
I've never had a fitted sheet on a travel cot. I don't think they're made to have one on either

Pinkii

VIP Member
I use the Aldi “premium” ones, are they the ones you mean? Maybe I’ve just had bad luck the last few nights cause when I go to change him his nappy isn’t completely Saturated 😬🙈 just leaks out the edges oops
yep those one, maybe try a bigger size then?

HeyLetsGo

Interesting talk about formulas! We only ever used c&g with our first, so just went straight with that this time but I’m tempted to try others now!

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
^^ we also use vacuum bags for clothes.

I have a wee system whereby at the change of season (older kids) or as they outgrow them (younger ones/babies) I pop clothes out of their dressers and in to a big storage box under the bed in my daughter’s room. When it’s full, i decant it all in to the right vacuum bags (store by age, and by gender if applicable!) and they go up in to the attic.
The vacuum bags are a good idea for clothes I just ordered some off Amazon cause all her clothes that are currently too small are just sitting in our back room in a bin bag 😅 it’s mad how much of it they barely wear as well 😅

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
I'm 6 days post section and noticed tonight my wound is burning and (TMI) about 2cm of the wound has reopened more towards the middle. I've to check again in an hour and call them back. Has this ever happened to anyone and do they need to restitch it? Also noticed the end of my wound it's really red and a stitch is coming out. Feel like this is karma cos I thought my healing was going so well and had no complaints at all about it 😞

OIM

Anyone who has had a section - do you find your bladder sensation has totally changed? I don’t get any urge to wee until my bladder is so full I get abdominal pain - but still no urge to wee, I’m just sat there like “my scar hurts, maybe I need a wee?”
So odd! Only had a catheter in for 12 hours so don’t think it’s that
After my first section I had a lot of issues with toileting in general. When I spoke to my gp he just said it’s to be expected as all your organs have moved around etc. This time round I find I get a lot of stomach cramps and diarrhoea (tmi). Still suffering 12 weeks on!

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I’m definitely getting to the stage now where it’s too heavy to carry car seat with baby in and have been looking at the 360 too but what do you do about the seat being cold to put them into? Just warm the car up a bit or? And what about if you need to pop into a shop really briefly say pay for petrol or post something, do you leave them in the car or take them in in arms or always have sling on or...?

I’m also going to try a sling again but she doesn’t like it so I worry I’ve got her legs wrong and we both stress out - lockdown has been so shite for peer support with things like this 😢 any top tips?
I’ve never once worried about a car seat being cold 🙈 in dead of winter I would sometimes warm the car first for us all of it is freezing cold. As @WhatABore said I also use pay at pump, and honestly I rarely go in shops anyway, if I do I use a sling.

With regards to your sling, what makes you think baby doesn’t like it? What sort of sling have you got?

Thank you so much for the advice everyone!

I actually already have the car seat and opted for the Joie 360 as it’s been highly recommended to me by everyone. So the car seat part of the travel system I’m not too worried about as we won’t use it much (other than if my partner uses his car and they go out without me). I did suddenly wonder though, when baby is born will they allow us to just carry her out to the car when we leave?! Or do we need something to transport her in from the ward to the car? Ugh so many things to think about!

I live in the city so need a pram that’s good for pavements etc. I saw loads of recommendations for the Mamas and Papas Ocarro one on the pregnancy thread, it’s a lot of money but I guess it’s worth paying a bit more so that it lasts!
Huh I never thought about leaving the ward with no car seat! I would probably just pop baby in the pram/sling in that case and say you have a static car seat if they ask. I’m sure plenty of people don’t use the infant seats anymore so they are probably used to it.

HeyLetsGo

Omg we’ve got 8 week jabs tomorrow I’m dreading it now! I can’t remember my first being particularly bothered by it? But maybe I’ve forgotten 😱

Hbirdette

VIP Member
🤣 yes I think that spaghetti worry is a big one, I dunno why we all have that?! But I can’t honestly say we’ve never had any food down the walls - not by a child anyway. I’ve splatted them a fair few times 🙈 rice is one of my least faves for mess. It just goes everywhere 😩
I’ll remember that about rice 😂

CrimeJunkie

Ladies what prams/travel systems do you have for your little ones and how much did you pay? I'm due in July and just started looking for a pram and there's just too much choice! 🤯

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I think il have to invest in some of that, thank you. I think now the worlds opening up abit I need to look half decent and not like I’ve been dragged through a bush backwards 🤣
I haven’t tried a cup, they look fiddly and I’m super clumsy so can see myself dropping it everywhere and it looking like a bloodbath 🤣 please say that periods start to get lighter as the months go on…
🤣🤣 it does sometimes look like a bloodbath with a cup, it can be a bit messy! I am very squeamish and not at all comfortable fiddling about up there (like I know some people check their own cervix etc, absolutely not for me!) but I’ve found I got over it quickly with the cup. Keep it in mind anyway 😊 My periods are always heavy, and because I breastfeed they aren’t usually back until about 18months but can’t say I’ve noticed them worse than per pregnancy, so hopefully yours will settle.

OIM

What would you ladies do about a 3 month old with a cough? Me, husband and my 3 yr old all had covid in January when I was pregnant and at her birth so feeling it’s unlikely to be covid but not sure if we should test her.