New baby and post birth advice #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My baby sleeps in the purflo one which is pretty much the same and she settles so much he easier and the swaddle suit but I think it may be time to let her have her hands out as she likes to put her hands over her eyes and hold the Muslim blanket it’s really cute I move it when she falls asleep but she is exactly like me and won’t sleep with the light on her x ps I’ve started watching Christmas feels I never usually put the tree up ubtil
12 days before as my fiancé is superstitious but I really want to this year haha xx
Enjoy putting your tree wherever you want 😂
Issue with an almost 8 month old is where do I put the tree where I don't have to be on constant watch of her grabbing it 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hey guys, thanks for everyone's kind words the other week when I told you guys about my horse getting put to sleep, I can't believe he's gone. I'm absolutely devastated and struggling to parent but at least my wee one gives me a reason to try to be normal for a while 😭
We're both absolutely loaded with the cold (thanks dad!🙄) she won't let me use the snot sucker and won't take calpol so I'm just so stressed because she barely wants to feed with the blocked nose 😔. Not been a good week.....and its only Wed 🤣
Really sorry about your horse sending you love because losing a pet is so hard. Give your little girl a bit cuddle and I suggest the saline drops and then I get my partner to suck the snot sucker and I am the operator as I can’t suck it out as well it’s a two man operation xxx

Reactions: 3
@Chickenandgravy so sorry to hear your lovely horse has passed on. Sending you much love ❤

We are putting our tree up today. A bit keen for us, we usually get it the first or second weekend in December, but we are hoping to get to the in laws this year and so want to get our monies worth from the tree! 🤣

Feeling totally 🥴 today with the mental load of everything. Sorting everyone’s gifts, remembering everything for school, practising lines for nativities and carol services and candle lightings, keeping track of appointments, and then all the washing/cleaning/cooking etc. And I am a lucky mum as I’m at home, how anyone who works does it all at this time of year I can not fathom. (Although I’ve also done it while working but still I dunno how 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Enjoy putting your tree wherever you want 😂
Issue with an almost 8 month old is where do I put the tree where I don't have to be on constant watch of her grabbing it 😂😂
You must almost need like a gated area for the tree aww so cute I also bought some Christmas things for her to wear 🥺 not as much as you guys because red is not her colour being a bit ginger like me but I couldn’t resist. I got pregnant in December brings back a lot of memories of finding out I feel so lucky to be here with my little girl 🥺🥺

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Chickenandgravy so sorry to hear your lovely horse has passed on. Sending you much love ❤

We are putting our tree up today. A bit keen for us, we usually get it the first or second weekend in December, but we are hoping to get to the in laws this year and so want to get our monies worth from the tree! 🤣

Feeling totally 🥴 today with the mental load of everything. Sorting everyone’s gifts, remembering everything for school, practising lines for nativities and carol services and candle lightings, keeping track of appointments, and then all the washing/cleaning/cooking etc. And I am a lucky mum as I’m at home, how anyone who works does it all at this time of year I can not fathom. (Although I’ve also done it while working but still I dunno how 🤣)
Truly in awe of how anyone copes with more than one child!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
HELP.
baby b keeps waking up from 1 sleep cycle nap and he’s inconsolable 😭 it’s breaking my heart. I’ve managed to get him to sleep on me again but I’m so nervous for next week when my dad or in laws look after him as I don’tthink they’ll know what to do. I really hope it’s just cauSe he’s teething😖

• Heart
  • Sad
I am baffled by twins all of you on here with twins I honestly don’t know how you do it wow super human x
I have no idea how I manage tbh 😂 house currently looks like a bomb site after this morning but I have 2 happy napping babies so I’ll take that 🤷‍♀️.

We had final midwife weigh in this morning and finally back at birth weights and discharged 🙌🏼👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 11
HELP.
baby b keeps waking up from 1 sleep cycle nap and he’s inconsolable 😭 it’s breaking my heart. I’ve managed to get him to sleep on me again but I’m so nervous for next week when my dad or in laws look after him as I don’tthink they’ll know what to do. I really hope it’s just cauSe he’s teething😖
My baby keeps doing the same and it’s worse at night like 7pm onwards do you find that as well? Xxxx

Reactions: 1

Sorry you’re feeling mentally frazzled, it’s a busy time of year. I hope you’re alright. Even so (and not to demean anything you said), but your post makes my heart a bit happy. I absolutely love being a mom and reading about all the things you’re doing makes me excited for those things with my own children. It’s hard work but a really love thing. I get emotional now just thinking about Finn doing a Christmas play I can’t imagine what I’ll be like when it’s real. They’ll have to cart me out.

• Heart
My baby keeps doing the same and it’s worse at night like 7pm onwards do you find that as well? Xxxx
Aaah sorry to hear that! Not at night, literally just in the day. It’s harder to put him to bed as he’s very tired though. He’s still waking at about 3/4 for a bottle and not really going back down like he used to. I’m really tempted to do a dream feed tonight to see if that will help 😭

Ok I'm really going to try and keep up with this thread, but oh my god do you ladies move quickly!

Did anyone else dress their baby up today? I've gone a bit mad and got a different outfit for each day in the lead up to Christmas! My tree went up first weekend in November, massive festive fan over here! 🤣🎄💖

ETA it always goes up earlier than most people's but this year even my other half was on board because baby boy loves lights! Winning!!!

• Heart
Took baby for his first jabs today and used the advice here to use a zip up sleepsuit. Omg what a revelation! They're bloody great aren't they?! This is my third baby so I must have been living under a rock 🤣
The nurse said "gosh isn't he huge?!" And she's not wrong, his sleepsuit is 3-6 months and it's a good fit, he's only 9 weeks. 😬

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
How do the nurses do baby injections?! Took my boy for his 2nd ones today, he was smiling and chatting to her one second the next she jabbed him twice and he was screaming as she booked his next ones. I know it’s cruel to be kind sort of thing but omg the betrayal he must have felt 🤣 😢

• Sad
How do the nurses do baby injections?! Took my boy for his 2nd ones today, he was smiling and chatting to her one second the next she jabbed him twice and he was screaming as she booked his next ones. I know it’s cruel to be kind sort of thing but omg the betrayal he must have felt 🤣 😢
I cried before she even had them honestly my baby was the same she has her second lot soon! Hope your little one is ok bless him it’s horrible taking them for injections.
Just had my kendamil organic delivery and one arrived damaged so they have sent free replacement order really good customer service! X

• Sad
  • Heart
Haha I asked ours that and she said it was the worst part of her job 🤣

• Haha
Disaster!!! Baby has a cold so is feeding more than usual. Forgot to put snacks close to hand ☹

50 minutes on one boob- going to be very lopsided this evening 😆

• Sad
  • Heart
I spoke to our nurse about it yesterday and she says she enjoys doing it in a sick way, because she knows she giving them the best protection in the world and she becomes immune to their cries.
As a nurse I dont think I could inject a baby, but then again I've become immune to cardiac arrests so it kinda made sense.

Do you think in four years time we’ll all still be talking but our kids will all be in reception? I imagine @Definitelyme won’t be able to get the jumper over her boy’s head if he’s anything like his big brother, me and @Hbirdette will be trying to find trousers long enough for our tall boys. The twins and Ayda will be teeny weeny dots in their class but probably the brightest and boldest in their classes. @Easilyannoyed will be hoping for a school that doesn’t have a red jumper cause it will clash with baby G’s hair. All our lovely kids will be keeping us on our toes and we’ll still be reaching out to each other for support.

(Edited to add I hope no one feels excluded from this post. These are just the things I quickly thought of while writing. I value all of your friendship and advice so much!) 🧡

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.