New baby and post birth advice #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uggghhh a family member argued with me today that I should force my kids to hug/kiss relatives even if they say no, because I am “in charge” and if I say they have to, then they do 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 except it’s their body not mine!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Uggghhh a family member argued with me today that I should force my kids to hug/kiss relatives even if they say no, because I am “in charge” and if I say they have to, then they do 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 except it’s their body not mine!
Noooooooo

Reactions: 2
Noooooooo
Erm NO!!!!!
Thank you! He just couldn’t understand it at all, he thinks it’s one of those really OTT things, and kept saying things like “but none of us are perverts” etc. Now while that is true, it still misses the point entirely… worryingly, he actually has 3 young kids. But now I’ve been thinking about it there have been numerous occasions he’s insisted my kids give him a kiss or a cuddle and I’ve had to step in because he hasn’t respected their “no” 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Thank you! He just couldn’t understand it at all, he thinks it’s one of those really OTT things, and kept saying things like “but none of us are perverts” etc. Now while that is true, it still misses the point entirely… worryingly, he actually has 3 young kids. But now I’ve been thinking about it there have been numerous occasions he’s insisted my kids give him a kiss or a cuddle and I’ve had to step in because he hasn’t respected their “no” 😡
it’s about giving children the power to say no and have it respected. Well done for standing up to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Urghhh no way!!!! Definitely not I agree with you 100%

• Heart
Eurgh, previously fairly chilled baby being very unsettled this weekend, 5 weeks tomorrow, thinking it could be developmental leap time 🥴

• Heart
My baby always coughs when she’s having her bottle. I keep her upright and I don’t tilt the bottle too high and we’re on number 1 teats. She’s very snuffly and when she chokes it scares me so much. I don’t know how to stop it. I’m worried milk will get on her lungs. Her breathing is quite fast 😵💫
My baby does too. It’s very scary x

Seriously!! That’s awful. Well done you. Children should be taught consent at as early an age as possible imo and should never be forced to hug/kiss anyone x

• Heart
I don't think I had any idea how hard it would be going from 1 to 2 children. Eldest is 4, youngest 4 weeks. Omg. He's not at school yet so i don't even have to do school runs, nursery is flexible if he's late.

We have no family nearby and not many friends (god that sounds awful but I didnt grow up here and I didn't really make that many friends in the 5yrs I've lived her).

Husband out of the house 12hrs a day. It feels relentless at the moment. Night feeds etc. I stopped BF and giving formula bottles now. I cried so much over that decision but my MH is better for it. Eldest now has the super cold and is just crying and screaming. Throat infection I think.

I know this will pass and I love our newborn daughter but my god its hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My baby does too. It’s very scary x

Seriously!! That’s awful. Well done you. Children should be taught consent at as early an age as possible imo and should never be forced to hug/kiss anyone x
It is so scary! I think she does it when she’s getting full and tired and starts nodding off. I try and stroke her cheek but she zones out and chokes 😳😳😳😵💫😵💫

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I don't think I had any idea how hard it would be going from 1 to 2 children. Eldest is 4, youngest 4 weeks. Omg. He's not at school yet so i don't even have to do school runs, nursery is flexible if he's late.

We have no family nearby and not many friends (god that sounds awful but I didnt grow up here and I didn't really make that many friends in the 5yrs I've lived her).

Husband out of the house 12hrs a day. It feels relentless at the moment. Night feeds etc. I stopped BF and giving formula bottles now. I cried so much over that decision but my MH is better for it. Eldest now has the super cold and is just crying and screaming. Throat infection I think.

Don’t know how you’re doing it 💖 hard with just this one little madam! Hope your 4 year old is better soon! Bet you’re doing an amazing job!! X

It is so scary! I think she does it when she’s getting full and tired and starts nodding off. I try and stroke her cheek but she zones out and chokes 😳😳😳😵💫😵💫

Aww does she. Mine does it when she gets over excited and guzzles. I try and slow down my let down but doesn’t stop it. I hate every time it happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think I hate my MIL. Mr Thankyous car has to go in the dealership tomorrow as there's a fault on it and he has no way to get to work.. she's just messaged him saying "Can you not take thankyous car"
Well yes MIL he bloody well can, but don't spare a thought for your grandchildren being cold and piss wet thru on the school run hey?! Never mind the fact the girls are only just getting over a really bad cold. What about me, my car is my life line, my family live in the neighbouring Borough I'm isolated as it is do I just stay in for 3 weeks? Thankfully Mr Thank said no he'll use public transport and in her eyes that's a waste of money cause she seems to think I sit on my backside all day.
Good job she lives 300 miles away 🤬

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I think I hate my MIL. Mr Thankyous car has to go in the dealership tomorrow as there's a fault on it and he has no way to get to work.. she's just messaged him saying "Can you not take thankyous car"
Well yes MIL he bloody well can, but don't spare a thought for your grandchildren being cold and piss wet thru on the school run hey?! Never mind the fact the girls are only just getting over a really bad cold. What about me, my car is my life line, my family live in the neighbouring Borough I'm isolated as it is do I just stay in for 3 weeks? Thankfully Mr Thank said no he'll use public transport and in her eyes that's a waste of money cause she seems to think I sit on my backside all day.
Good job she lives 300 miles away 🤬
What’s wrong with her?! Is she clueless or inconsiderate?

It is incredibly hard to split yourself in two. It feels like failure when you can’t give your eldest all the love, time and attention the previously had, and failure when your newborn doesn’t get the love, time and attention your eldest had as a baby. And then there is the fact that two of them means that there is always someone needing you and no time to breathe.
I can’t imagine how tough it is with no family help around ❤❤❤
As you said, you know this will pass, but it’s also totally ok to feel horrendous while it’s hard. Sick kids are hard work, and with a newborn in the mix you must be exhausted. You are doing an amazing job. I hope tomorrow is brighter and 4yo feels better x

• Heart
Yuk no thank you. It’s the beginning of consent and children knowing their voice is valued. I know you know that… well done for sticking to your guns it can be hard when you’re challenged

• Heart
Currently I’m in the third trimester. I have had my first jab of the vaccine and due for a second vaccine soon.
I don’t know why I have doubts.
Has anyone had both vaccines during pregnancy and given birth to a healthy baby?
I feel so stressed and at a loss what to do.
Hiya, yeah I had both jabs whilst pregnant and my little girl was born lovely & healthy at 7lb9oz. She’s now 15 weeks and a little babbly chatterbox. She can also grab her toys and she loves watching Bradley Walsh on the chase 🤣.
its ubderstandable to be nervous but I’m glad I had both while pregnant ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

similar age gap here. I have a 9 month old and 4 yr old and god it’s hard. Me and my husband have never been more fraught with each other as it’s relentless but I keep telling myself in a couple of years this period will have been worth it! 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.