New baby and post birth advice #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the new thread.

my baby’s napping for longer which is great but it gets to a point where I feel like I sit twiddling my thumbs (never happy haha).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Managed our first ever walk this morning! I havnt left the house since being discharged on Monday. Fresh air never felt so good!
although I was super paranoid and checked they were breathing every few minutes 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks for the new thread.

my baby’s napping for longer which is great but it gets to a point where I feel like I sit twiddling my thumbs (never happy haha).
Baby yoda looked tooo cute oh my god 😍😍😍😍 baggy clothes make everything cuter

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks for the messages of support yesterday ladies. It was a rough day! We got home and then the hospital called and said they’d lost baby’s blood sample so needed us to bring him back for another. His poor little heels are so bruised after the blood sugar testing too! So the dr wasn’t concerned about the pooing (or lack of) yet but he’d dropped to 7lbs from 7lb 11oz so a little more than they’d like and his jaundice levels were high. He didn’t need to go in for phototherapy last night but we were advised to top him up with some formula and are back here now waiting for another blood test. He is still looking quite yellow so not sure what to expect. He’s started weeing like a champ though so just hoping the number 2s follow soon.
Pretty annoyed I haven’t heard a thing from community midwives and no day 5 visit so we’ve had to come back to the hospital for the tests but hey ho. I had him privately (although still within my local NHS Hospital) so I wonder if it’s just an admin glitch but I’ve tried calling them since Thursday as did the private ward and no sign of them.
PS It should be LAW that you are informed going for a number 2 after an episiotomy will feel like giving birth all over again. Someone vaguely mentioned MAYBE wanting to get some laxatives but it was a passing comment. First one was horrendous and now I need to go again and am utterly terrified. What can I buy from a sainsburys local on a Sunday evening to help?!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks for the messages of support yesterday ladies. It was a rough day! We got home and then the hospital called and said they’d lost baby’s blood sample so needed us to bring him back for another. His poor little heels are so bruised after the blood sugar testing too! So the dr wasn’t concerned about the pooing (or lack of) yet but he’d dropped to 7lbs from 7lb 11oz so a little more than they’d like and his jaundice levels were high. He didn’t need to go in for phototherapy last night but we were advised to top him up with some formula and are back here now waiting for another blood test. He is still looking quite yellow so not sure what to expect. He’s started weeing like a champ though so just hoping the number 2s follow soon.
Pretty annoyed I haven’t heard a thing from community midwives and no day 5 visit so we’ve had to come back to the hospital for the tests but hey ho. I had him privately (although still within my local NHS Hospital) so I wonder if it’s just an admin glitch but I’ve tried calling them since Thursday as did the private ward and no sign of them.
PS It should be LAW that you are informed going for a number 2 after an episiotomy will feel like giving birth all over again. Someone vaguely mentioned MAYBE wanting to get some laxatives but it was a passing comment. First one was horrendous and now I need to go again and am utterly terrified. What can I buy from a sainsburys local on a Sunday evening to help?!
Senokot or Dulcoease if they have any

Reactions: 1
If you get some lactulose. That helps.
Also, hold a pad against your stitches when you go. It helps with the pressure a little

Lactoluse didn’t help me and senakot says done use if BF. I ate 3 dates a day to help me. I continued with lactoluse but it had no effect on me good luck x

It took me 8 days to go after my stitches 😂 I had to give myself a suppository and the gp gave me some laxative drink. You can also buy lactulose over the counter.

Reactions: 3
If you get some lactulose. That helps.
Also, hold a pad against your stitches when you go. It helps with the pressure a little
Also, and possibly not on the NHS website, a large iced coffee on an empty stomach always seems to do the trick 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Currently I’m in the third trimester. I have had my first jab of the vaccine and due for a second vaccine soon.
I don’t know why I have doubts.
Has anyone had both vaccines during pregnancy and given birth to a healthy baby?
I feel so stressed and at a loss what to do.

• Heart
Currently I’m in the third trimester. I have had my first jab of the vaccine and due for a second vaccine soon.
Has anyone had both vaccines during pregnancy and given birth to a healthy baby?
yes-everything was fine

• Heart
Yep, got a healthy 6 week old. I caught covid 6 days after he was born and I dread to think how awful I'd have felt if I hadn't had the vaccine.

• Heart
Yep double jabbed in 3rd trimester and sat her with my almost 3 week old ❤

• Heart
I did and everything was fine.
On the subject of this,
I got a call from the hospital last week telling me the lady in the bay next to me was Covid positive and I’d been marked as a close contact during my induction which was scary to hear. I questioned whether baby would be okay if she caught it and they said because I’m double vaxxed during pregnancy she would have antibodies from it so not too worry. I still worried but so far so good.

• Heart
It took me 8 days to go after my stitches 😂 I had to give myself a suppository and the gp gave me some laxative drink. You can also buy lactulose over the counter.
100% get Cosmocol or Movicol from GP to help with no2s after birth. Game changer x

Wish me luck day1 of trying (and probably failing) to implement Gina Ford routine tomorrow with a nearly 6wk old and a 5 year old. Lord knows how I'm supposed to be expressing 5mins from left breastfeeding while baby naps in cot while I'm also on school pick up but this is what wine is for, right?!

yes had 2 jabs and have a lovely very healthy 6wk old!

Yep, got a healthy 6 week old. I caught covid 6 days after he was born and I dread to think how awful I'd have felt if I hadn't had the vaccine.
ahh our babies born in the same week 💓

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My baby always coughs when she’s having her bottle. I keep her upright and I don’t tilt the bottle too high and we’re on number 1 teats. She’s very snuffly and when she chokes it scares me so much. I don’t know how to stop it. I’m worried milk will get on her lungs. Her breathing is quite fast 😵💫

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.