New baby and post birth advice #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the Christmas ideas front - is a framed photo of baby/a print/canvas type thing a cute present? Trying to find things for the (great) grandparents, but not having many ideas so thought they might like it, but so unsure if it’s a “present” or not 🤣
I do it as a present.
Doing it for both grandparents this year but on those slate things that you can get printed on. So it's not just a typical photo

Reactions: 2
And how are all the jabbed babies doing today?
Baby SCREAMED for like 5 mins, then slept in her pram coming home, had some calpol and has been asleep on me since! I think my partner was more traumatised than she was 😂

On the Christmas ideas front - is a framed photo of baby/a print/canvas type thing a cute present? Trying to find things for the (great) grandparents, but not having many ideas so thought they might like it, but so unsure if it’s a “present” or not 🤣
We’re doing this for our parents. I’ve bought some three-photo frames and will get a photo of them with the baby, and then two cute ones of her to go in it 😊

Reactions: 4
Ah yes! I've heard of it! I've been meaning to do it actually as Twin 2 isn't keen on her Tommee Tippee bottles so I need to trial her on a few and she liked the NUK teets in NICU! Thank you! I actually complained to TT last week about some measurement fading and they sent me 12 replacement advanced anti colic bottles too😂🤦🏻‍♀️
We can never have too many bottles😂
How are you getting on with the girls now your not using the prep machine, is it helping their wind?!
Funny enough I changed from mam to tomee tippee bottles and they prefer them as we don’t get hiccups as often. The wind is so much better now we don’t use the machine, I’ve noticed the milk isn’t as frothy. They still get the odd moment where they strain a bit but no way as bad. Ive just had my first day with them on my own, I’m exhausted but feel like superwomen after managing double feeds etc. Funny how they’re never hungry at same time usually but soon as I’m solo they both want to feed at same time 😅 (want to hug whoever invented the twin feeding pillow)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Funny enough I changed from mam to tomee tippee bottles and they prefer them as we don’t get hiccups as often. The wind is so much better now we don’t use the machine, I’ve noticed the milk isn’t as frothy. They still get the odd moment where they strain a bit but no way as bad. Ive just had my first day with them on my own, I’m exhausted but feel like superwomen after managing double feeds etc. Funny how they’re never hungry at same time usually but soon as I’m solo they both want to feed at same time 😅 (want to hug whoever invented the twin feeding pillow)
Exhausting but the best feeling isn't it doing it solo?!
The feeding pillow is the only place I can get them to have a half decent nap these days! Need to invest in a new one their big heads are flattening it😂

Love to all the jabbed babies tonight. I hope they all settle well and nobody is feeling too rotten.

@Dipdab amazing that you aced your first day with the twins! Superwoman is absolutely how you should feel 🦸🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Graduating from the pregnancy thread…currently have a cluster feeding 6 day old baby attached to some very engorged boobs with my husband sound asleep next to me as he seems oblivious to any sound the baby makes past 11pm 🙄 wondering if I’ll ever sleep again
You’re doing a fantastic job! Newborns are hard work, probably not acceptable to say this but they are dull.
I know it doesn’t feel like it now but it does and will get easier ☺ Xx.Wecare all lovely here if you need a chat xx

Reactions: 3
Finn said if I’m going to get jabbed up I’m going as a penguin.

(Penguin power worked, he barely cried.)
Finn is soooo beautiful

in the words of Harvey price, WHAT A DAY. I have sooo much to learn 🤯 my brain feels a little frazzled but I did feel nice to be back at work. Just a bit nerve wracking in a completely new job! I missed my baby like CRAZY but it was so nice to see his beaming smile when I walked back through the door. Once my induction period is over I can work a couple of days a week from home and go into work once a week so that will be nice 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Finn is soooo beautiful

in the words of Harvey price, WHAT A DAY. I have sooo much to learn 🤯 my brain feels a little frazzled but I did feel nice to be back at work. Just a bit nerve wracking in a completely new job! I missed my baby like CRAZY but it was so nice to see his beaming smile when I walked back through the door. Once my induction period is over I can work a couple of days a week from home and go into work once a week so that will be nice 🤗
A completely new job?! You must be exhausted after that as a first day back, what a hero!! Glad it all went well and Baby Birdette was a happy chap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.