New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awake all night! We’re 5 months on Wednesday, twin B has been sleeping from 9pm-7 for the past 3 months, twin A the same for 6 weeks ish ( rarely wake together which is a godsend when I’m on my own!) the odd night, B will scream in his cot for 15/20 mins, never any longer unless in pain with gums and A has recently learned how to get on her tummy so cries because she can’t get back. Tonight A has been awake since 2am.. nappy changed, bottle and bonjela and is wide awake, busier day than usual and took all her bottles so I can’t fathom why she’s awake.. never really understood the regression stage but can anyone tell me is this apart of it or like a growth spurt or what? Am I back to night feeds with her 🥲
It may be thirst with it being so warm.
It may also be a growth spurt. Learning new skills can cause disruption to sleep, so if she's recently learnt how to roll it could be that.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend a baby monitor?
Love our cubo ai! Find the alerts really helpful and accurate, picture is great and love the app. If you have an Alexa with screen you can put it on that too

ETA - We wanted just a simple vtech one but there are lots of walls between our bedroom and living room/kitchen so had to go for a WiFi one

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Daughter is 16 months and talking in her sleep i don’t know what is going on she’s literally chatting away u hear a random no or ball or mama in the middle of it the rest is gibberish but it can literally be all night long we are knackered. She may be asleep but it’s waking us up, can’t turn the camera off incase she wakes up screaming as she’s next door to her brother and I’m afraid she will wake him
Could you turn the sensitivity down? So it still picks up crying but might not pick up the talking?

Also @raspberryjuice exclusive pumping is also a solid option for breastfeeding, though I have every faith that latching will work out for you ❤

I actually felt a lot of pressure from maternity staff to go to bottle feeding both times I tried breastfeeding, mad really. I think they push it because it's easier for them to oversee
---
Would really appreciate this thread’s advice, as I’m confused by conflicting online articles.

My otherwise healthy 8 week old baby has developed a cough over the the last day or so, with a little bit of a stuffy nose. No fever or other symptoms, and is feeding well with normal nappies. Sleeping normally, no unusual tears or tantrums etc.

Should I give infant paracetamol, or just leave it and wait and see? Coincidentally we are seeing the GP tomorrow afternoon for his 8 week check up and jabs anway, so I have that on the calendar regardless. But just wondering if it’s prudent to give paracetamol now too?
Id give Calpol if baby meets the weight recommendations. I took my baby to Dr at like 7 weeks cuz she had a bad cold and that was the first thing they suggested to me . Which did surprise me at the time

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a baby monitor?
We have a v-tech VM901-1W over the bedside cot and a hello baby just to watch the nursery when I go for a wee or have to nip downstairs. Both great. The hello baby is very basic but doesn’t use WiFi so it was ideal to take on holiday with us. You can add them to your Amazon baby wishlist to get extra discount!

The heat is making me spiral with anxiety... I understand the general rule is one more layer to yourself. ..but its just so stressful 🙃
I'm offering the boob a lot more and he's feeding more which I guess is fine. He's just very sleepy which is stressing me out, I'm checking his back and chest and hrs warm but not sweaty. He's 3 months. Anyone else a ball of stress or just me 🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The heat is making me spiral with anxiety... I understand the general rule is one more layer to yourself. ..but its just so stressful 🙃
I'm offering the boob a lot more and he's feeding more which I guess is fine. He's just very sleepy which is stressing me out, I'm checking his back and chest and hrs warm but not sweaty. He's 3 months. Anyone else a ball of stress or just me 🥵
We’ve had the windows open and curtains closed all day, aircon unit on and it’s still 23 degrees in our room. I had to cut his nap short earlier as it got to 25 and I was too worried 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've been wondering what to put him in tonight and have gone with a short sleeve bodysuit and a 1.5 tog sleep bag. It was warm in our bedroom last night and I think he was too hot in his usual onesie / sleepsuit.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Me definitely. I’ve ordered some lighter weight sleeping bags off vinted but they won’t arrive for a few days so I’m stressing about what baby Chat will wear to sleep. I stripped him off a bit last night as felt he was too hot and I was just watching him at 1am worrying about it.
Baby chat seems to like being warm and covered as otherwise he throws his arms and legs about and wakes himself off but I’m scared off him being too hot due to sids 😩
I don’t want to moan about the nice weather but as ever it’s gone so hot quickly. I was in Sainsbury’s today and they had sold out of all the 0.5 tog sleeping bags

• Heart
Hi guys, although I’ve not yet birthed this baby I’m getting induced in 2 weeks due to the sheer size of him (7lb 1 at 36w!).
I’m just abit worried as my last baby was only 6lb 7 and a little dot!
Just wondering if anyone got told their baby was above 90th centile and their experiences with this and also what to expect when having the propess pessary as method of induction?

• Heart
I've been wondering what to put him in tonight and have gone with a short sleeve bodysuit and a 1.5 tog sleep bag. It was warm in our bedroom last night and I think he was too hot in his usual onesie / sleepsuit.
Sounds good!

TF is wearing a summer romper suit - I’m going to see how she gets on and I’ll stick her in something warmer if need be. It was hotter than satan’s ballsack in our room last night. I opened the window and felt no difference.

Well if anyone remembers my confused lost a while back about the unknown purpose of some short sleeves rompers, we decided they were nightwear and she's been sleeping in those the past few nights.

I'd say it's always best to be cautious and under dress them. They'll let you know if they're cold.

Once they get a bit older though, I recommend whatever you put them in covers their nappy. My friend put her baby to bed in just a nappy and t shirt once, and he very quickly found the tabs on his nappy, undid it, and peed all over his cot. 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Glad I'm not alone, were in a really good insulated house so it's warm at the best of time. The thermometer is saying 23 degrees so hopefully it will drop a bit more ... I'm stressed 😥
---
Hi guys, although I’ve not yet birthed this baby I’m getting induced in 2 weeks due to the sheer size of him (7lb 1 at 36w!).
I’m just abit worried as my last baby was only 6lb 7 and a little dot!
Just wondering if anyone got told their baby was above 90th centile and their experiences with this and also what to expect when having the propess pessary as method of induction?
It's fine getting it , a bit uncomfortable can't stand up after a half an hour and your on the monitor before and after... Can walk around normally after that... they encourage movement.it didn't progress me but as it's your second your body may know what to do. It can be a long wait so bring something to entertain yourself..
If they offer you the hormone drip id recommend the epidural as soon as you can. Best of luck and at the end you will have a beautiful baby 🥰

• Heart
Hope this helps as I live in New Zealand so we have just had our summer (my boy was 5-8 months old during this heat), his room would reach 28 degrees sometimes in which I would just have him in a short sleeve vest and a low tog sleep sack. Or we sometimes had him in those romper suits mentioned above. I think once I did just the sleep sack and his nappy but ended up cosleeping once his temp dropped. I’d rather that than him overheat!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.