New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
great suggestion, thank you šŸ˜Š I hate how all consuming parenting is!
How old is your little one? Wood is getting easier (she says as heā€™s just started teething šŸ™„). He loves lying in his cot, watching his mobile. This gives me a good hour of doing stuff and I can do this a couple of times a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I put this in the off topic thread. Baby wood is teething. Does anyone have any tricks to helping them be more comfortabl? Iā€™ve bought lolly moulds which are currently freezing formula. Iā€™ve got chew mitts coming tomorrow and Iā€™ve got teething gel, keys and a Sophie. Anymore I can spend my money on? šŸ˜†
We use weleda teething granules and swear by it! Just mix with a bit of water if theyā€™re not on solids yet. My boy gets so excited when it comes out and just takes it straight, ends up with white powder all over his face šŸ˜‚

• Haha
We use weleda teething granules and swear by it! Just mix with a bit of water if theyā€™re not on solids yet. My boy gets so excited when it comes out and just takes it straight, ends up with white powder all over his face šŸ˜‚
An issue in the future but not now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ thanks, Iā€™ll see how he does on the gel and go from there.
How long per tooth am I looking at? Google gives me a lot of different times

An issue in the future but not now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ thanks, Iā€™ll see how he does on the gel and go from there.
Hate to say but I donā€™t think they ever stop teething šŸ˜¬
Itā€™s felt that way for us anyway šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Weā€™ve just had a short break from around 11-12months but pretty sure his first molars wonā€™t be long..

• Haha
Reactions: 1
How old is your little one? Wood is getting easier (she says as heā€™s just started teething šŸ™„). He loves lying in his cot, watching his mobile. This gives me a good hour of doing stuff and I can do this a couple of times a day.
hes 13 weeks! Definitely getting easier, he loves watching our dog while heā€™s in the bouncer šŸ˜‚ she provided endless entertainment.

I definitely posted my first post in frustration as my partner had been away all day and I was STRUGGLING but now heā€™s back, baby is asleep and Iā€™m in the bath feeling a lot more zen šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I put this in the off topic thread. Baby wood is teething. Does anyone have any tricks to helping them be more comfortabl? Iā€™ve bought lolly moulds which are currently freezing formula. Iā€™ve got chew mitts coming tomorrow and Iā€™ve got teething gel, keys and a Sophie. Anymore I can spend my money on? šŸ˜†
I got some teething tubes off Amazon. They were only around Ā£5 I think and Baby G loves them. They have bristle type things on one end and he seems to find them easy enough to hold.

Itā€™s basically never ending once it starts šŸ«  it can take a few months for the tooth to erupt as theyā€™re all just moving around to begin with and then a few weeks for the tooth to fully erupt and come out. We still have no teeth yet at 8.5 months but the past week we have had teething and swollen gums! My niece is 2 and still hasnā€™t got all her baby teeth yet so looks like we have a long time of enjoying this part šŸ˜­

Reactions: 3
Yes Iā€™m finding baby fudge a lot easier now heā€™s 15 weeks, heā€™s started to reach out and really concentrate on the toys on his bouncer and play mat so I can leave him there ages while I get stuff done especially when I took him to work last week I managed to groom a whole dog without having to settle him once! He was quite happy sat in his bouncer watching me!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just need to vent šŸ˜­

Woke up with a sore throat, all achey and sneezy so think I def must be getting what hubby has got šŸ˜­ have a banging headache too ! The timingā€¦

Really pissed off though, I felt like absolute shite when baby woke up and I said to hubby we both should get up as I donā€™t feel very well and now hub has been nothing but horrible to me ever since all because I didnā€™t let him sleep in while heā€™s still ill. Then I wish I didnā€™t bother waking him up either as he wasnt helpful at all and just went and sat on the sofa with coffee.

Like sorry but weā€™re both ill? Itā€™s not exactly fair for either of us to just lay in bed while the other struggles alone with baby is it? And I let him sleep in the last 2 mornings..
But no heā€™s been picking small fights about anything he can with me ever since. I hate when they also say things like ā€˜why did you want to be a mum if you just want to stay in bedā€™. Really unfair thing to say. I hate it.
The whole why did you want to be a mum thing is unfair. Youā€™re still a human, you still need rest when youā€™re sick just like he did. Such a crappy comment but trust me youā€™re not alone in having it slung at you šŸ™„. I hope you feel better soon.
---
The nuby keys you can put in the freezer are a favourite here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just need to vent šŸ˜­

Woke up with a sore throat, all achey and sneezy so think I def must be getting what hubby has got šŸ˜­ have a banging headache too ! The timingā€¦

Really pissed off though, I felt like absolute shite when baby woke up and I said to hubby we both should get up as I donā€™t feel very well and now hub has been nothing but horrible to me ever since all because I didnā€™t let him sleep in while heā€™s still ill. Then I wish I didnā€™t bother waking him up either as he wasnt helpful at all and just went and sat on the sofa with coffee.

Like sorry but weā€™re both ill? Itā€™s not exactly fair for either of us to just lay in bed while the other struggles alone with baby is it? And I let him sleep in the last 2 mornings..
But no heā€™s been picking small fights about anything he can with me ever since. I hate when they also say things like ā€˜why did you want to be a mum if you just want to stay in bedā€™. Really unfair thing to say. I hate it.
Unless it was an immaculate conception, I assume he was involved, and therefore wanted to be a parent too?
Tell him to grow up!

Reactions: 13
Never rains but it f**king tips it down!
A women drove into us in car today. Baby wotsit is fineā€¦. Car seat was only a month oldā€¦ saved up for this bloomin car seatā€¦. Now Iā€™m reading quote me happy donā€™t cover car seats! I wanna curl up and cryā€¦ and I have a stinking cold!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
A women drove into us in car today. Baby wotsit is fineā€¦. Car seat was only a month oldā€¦ saved up for this bloomin car seatā€¦. Now Iā€™m reading quote me happy donā€™t cover car seats! I wanna curl up and cryā€¦ and I have a stinking cold!
Can you claim off the person who hit you insurance perhaps? Did you get those details

Can you claim off the person who hit you insurance perhaps? Did you get those details
oh yes I do!!! Iā€™m so knackered my brain feel friedā€¦ donā€™t really get how this all worksā€¦. Was just trying to find how much they cover Ā£ wise for car seats and read they donā€™t!! Gone into panic!

• Heart
you will need to provide the third party insurers with a copy of the receipt for your car seat and a receipt for the new one. They will probably send you a cheque which isnā€™t great in the meantime šŸ™

oh yes I do!!! Iā€™m so knackered my brain feel friedā€¦ donā€™t really get how this all worksā€¦. Was just trying to find how much they cover Ā£ wise for car seats and read they donā€™t!! Gone into panic!
Call in the morning and get a proper answer :) I find talking to someone helps

• Heart
you will need to provide the third party insurers with a copy of the receipt for your car seat and a receipt for the new one. They will probably send you a cheque which isnā€™t great in the meantime šŸ™
amazing thankyou! Ok feeling abit better now! Thatā€™s ok, Aslong as itā€™s covered! Phewww!

@opintionatedperson Will do! Filled in the claim online! But yes youā€™re right, Iā€™ll speak to someone and see where I stand. Iv just done into ā€œpoor meā€ panic.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My friend drove her car into a wall (because she can't drive for tit šŸ˜‚) so obviously had to claim off her own insurance. They said they didn't cover car seats specifically, but there was a bit for personal possessions and she managed to claim under that. She didn't get the full value unfortunately, but it was better than nothing.

Reactions: 5
Those whoā€™ve had a section, how long did it take for your scar to flatten? Mine is healed at 15w pp, but there are still raised bits. Will this go away eventually or do I need to remember to massage every night šŸ„“

Those whoā€™ve had a section, how long did it take for your scar to flatten? Mine is healed at 15w pp, but there are still raised bits. Will this go away eventually or do I need to remember to massage every night šŸ„“
The actual scar or the skin around it? My scar is incredibly neat, but the skin above it is lumpy with scar tissue. I had trouble/still have trouble ten months PP so I havenā€™t done any massage, my friend swears by bio-oil but I still try to keep it dry so Iā€™ve never used it :(

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.