New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t member if I asked this… anyone’s baby dropped the total amount of nighttime sleep all of a sudden? He was doing around 11 now last week or so won’t even get to 10…. Regression? Phase?
it’s making only doing 2 naps for the little catnapper even harder without stretching out the wake windows or bedtime super early and in a early bed early rise cycle
Could be a regression? They’re never ending and seem to be one at each month 🥲

Mine seems to be doing the opposite now and sleeping in slightly longer in the mornings recently 😂 I hate it cause I usually wake up naturally around the sameish time and I used to get 2 or 3 mins before baby started waking up. Now I’m just waiting… lol

Reactions: 2
the nhs isn’t there so you can sleep. It’s there to give you the vital care you need after birth and heaven forbid, your baby.
Exactly haha imagine having a baby then being shocked when it doesn’t act like a robot. Should have got a doll

the sheer entitlement of some people baffles me

• Haha
Can’t member if I asked this… anyone’s baby dropped the total amount of nighttime sleep all of a sudden? He was doing around 11 now last week or so won’t even get to 10…. Regression? Phase?
it’s making only doing 2 naps for the little catnapper even harder without stretching out the wake windows or bedtime super early and in a early bed early rise cycle
How old? Mine has done the same this week a few times. Usually would sleep 11-11.5 hours but has been doing 9.5-10hr. It has meant we have had to do 3 naps which is a pain but it went ok last night 🤞 he is 8 months for context!

• Heart
Sorry and while I’m here @Heyguysswipeup I can comment however and whenever I wish to, I am not ‘piping up’

please do not police threads it’s against the rules, furthermore do not dictate to me either

Exactly haha imagine having a baby then being shocked when it doesn’t act like a robot. Should have got a doll

the sheer entitlement of some people baffles me
don’t be so fuxking rude. Like I said, everyone’s birth is different and their post partum experience is different. I didn’t expect to be so hormonally affected after having a baby, I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognise myself, I felt like a shell of myself. It still affects me to this day. It takes me hours to fall asleep and I run on mainly 3 hours sleep a day simply from the anxiety and changes I have gone through since becoming a mum. I didn’t anticipate that happening, am I entitled?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Are you all for real? I appreciate having your baby whisked away must be traumatic, but do you know each persons individual circumstances to stay they also didn’t have a traumatising time??? And that, despite not having their baby away from them, they too didn’t have to deal with things that left them traumatised in the after math?
tit, I thought this was a decent thread until now.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
tbh I think anyone who says they wish they could have gotten rid of their baby for a few hours cause they were sleepy is going to cause a bit of chaos.

Reactions: 8
I had a really difficult labour and we had to stay in hospital for a few days after my baby was born, thankfully nothing serious just an infection they wanted to keep on top of, and that meant I barely slept at all. But I couldn’t imagine wishing someone would have taken her away from me so I could get some sleep?

I’d waited 9 months to meet her and even with a tough birth I wanted nothing more than to be with her and look after her. I can see why that comment has upset people tbh, as a new mum most people just accept you’re not going to get much sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
tbh I think anyone who says they wish they could have gotten rid of their baby for a few hours cause they were sleepy is going to cause a bit of chaos.
The posted didn’t say this though. When you’ve just given birth and it’s traumatic, and you then have a baby to look after, it makes it difficult to recover and be able to look after baby in the way you thought/ had hoped you’d be able to.
my baby wasn’t in NICU or any special care unit, but I was severely poorly after giving birth and relied on the nurses and my husband to take care of the baby so I could try and get better. Everyone’s situation is different. Everyone seems to have jumped on weeping Cassandra other than Rita who’s comment actually had a bit of grace to it to explain the other side,

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The posted didn’t say this though. When you’ve just given birth and it’s traumatic, and you then have a baby to look after, it makes it difficult to recover and be able to look after baby in the way you thought/ had hoped you’d be able to.
my baby wasn’t in NICU or any special care unit, but I was severely poorly after giving birth and relied on the nurses and my husband to take care of the baby so I could try and get better. Everyone’s situation is different. Everyone seems to have jumped on weeping Cassandra other than Rita who’s comment actually had a bit of grace to it to explain the other side,
Thanks for the heads up, have had two traumatic vaginal births (needing surgery and blood transfusions) and also two c sections so I am fully well aware of what it’s like after giving birth ✌🏻
And maybe that’s not what WeepyC meant, but it is how it came across.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We had our call with the dietician yesterday and I know a few others have mentioned waiting lists etc…
She was exceptionally helpful! I feel like we waited a bit too long for a lot of the advice and I probably knew a lot with having 3 CMPA children but nonetheless helpful.
She agreed that a child that is suffering with severe constipation regularly isn’t normal and has put a plan in place with a few little things to help and is going to see him in person in 4 weeks.
(4 weeks so we can see if any of them help)
I feel like for the first time in 12 months, someone listened to the problem and actually wanted to help!
So for anyone still waiting, may there be light at the end of the tunnel x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks for the heads up, have had two traumatic vaginal births (needing surgery and blood transfusions) and also two c sections so I am fully well aware of what it’s like after giving birth ✌🏻
And maybe that’s not what WeepyC meant, but it is how it came across.
There’s no need to be rude to me 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We had our call with the dietician yesterday and I know a few others have mentioned waiting lists etc…
She was exceptionally helpful! I feel like we waited a bit too long for a lot of the advice and I probably knew a lot with having 3 CMPA children but nonetheless helpful.
She agreed that a child that is suffering with severe constipation regularly isn’t normal and has put a plan in place with a few little things to help and is going to see him in person in 4 weeks.
I feel like for the first time in 12 months, someone listened to the problem and actually wanted to help!
That’s fantastic that she listened to you and was actually helpful. Good on you for pushing and advocating for your baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Let’s hope no one is honest moving forward and shares any details about how hard they’re finding motherhood because “it’s what you signed up for”.
This thread can turn sour so quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
There’s no need to be rude to me 🙃
I was not being rude, I think if you ask anyone on the threads I frequent they’ll tell you I’m anything but. But you explaining what it’s like to give birth and care for a baby… I’m simply saying I know already.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The Portland offers a fantastic crèche and room service post birth ❤😴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone’s babies go through the four month sleep whackery and come out the other side before they hit four months?

Or am is this just very wishful thinking after things have seemingly settled back down again between 3.5 and 4 months? 😬

She’s been the most chilled out and settled of our three but has pretty much only contact napped since birth (and she’s our last so we haven’t tried to stop it) but she did two of her naps today in her bassinet with minimal resettling and that was what happened with our older two when they were out the other side.

I’ve definitely jinxed myself now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
This is brilliant and similar to our recent experience. So glad you felt listened to and have that support in place now. It can be such a lonely / hard place when you feel ignored by people!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was not being rude, I think if you ask anyone on the threads I frequent they’ll tell you I’m anything but. But you explaining what it’s like to give birth and care for a baby… I’m simply saying I know already.
It’s a tough one, because you only know what it’s like for you. And trauma is subjective so what I find traumatic, you might not. 2 people can have experiences exactly the same, and have different reactions. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that having more rest/sleep might make you function better as a Mum, as that’s what I took from WC’s comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.