New baby and post birth advice #49 IT WAS JUST A NORMAL SIZE SH*T

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spent a lot of time today trying to get baby Nellie breastfeeding more. Started off good but then she’s just been screaming and crying at my boobs again and just generally upset. Got so carried away with trying to breastfeed I lost track of my pumping so I’ve just about got enough milk to get us through til morning - does anyone else get milk anxiety around pumping? I panic if I’m more than 2 feeds worth behind 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone had a baby who likes a muslin to sleep with for comfort? I give it to him so he can fall off to sleep with it then take it away once he’s asleep as I know it’s dangerous.
But how old until he can keep it? He’s 4.5 months old now but how do you judge when it’s ok? I don’t plan to until he’s a fair bit older but I’m curious other peoples experiences.
He cries out for it in the night and it settles him back to sleep instantly but then I have to wait a while to take it away again
My LO was the same, I ended up introducing a comforter but if we’re out and about I use a Muslin still. He just loves something touching his face. I think the advice is 1 to reduce the risks of SIDS. But I let him sleep with the comforter, he was at an age where he could move his head away if he needed to and now he puts it over his face to fall asleep 🙈 but I know he can move it If he doesn’t like it. Most nights now he rolls away from it in his sleep anyway but he uses it to self settle.

Reactions: 1
Spent a lot of time today trying to get baby Nellie breastfeeding more. Started off good but then she’s just been screaming and crying at my boobs again and just generally upset. Got so carried away with trying to breastfeed I lost track of my pumping so I’ve just about got enough milk to get us through til morning - does anyone else get milk anxiety around pumping? I panic if I’m more than 2 feeds worth behind 😂
I was the same when I was pumping, if it got down to two bottles I’d start to panic 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks for the advice re wearable breast pumps. I’ve gone for the Pipetta compact. I’ll do a random update once it arrives and I’ve used it for a month. Hoping it arrives before my KIT days.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was talking to my husband last night about weaning and realised I have absolutely no bloody idea 😂😂 I’m thinking I’ll do a mix of BLW and purées. When you first start, do you just do 1 vegetable per day? Is there somewhere which has an idiots guide to weaning as I feel like I need to read it 🤣

Has anyone had a baby who likes a muslin to sleep with for comfort? I give it to him so he can fall off to sleep with it then take it away once he’s asleep as I know it’s dangerous.
But how old until he can keep it? He’s 4.5 months old now but how do you judge when it’s ok? I don’t plan to until he’s a fair bit older but I’m curious other peoples experiences.
He cries out for it in the night and it settles him back to sleep instantly but then I have to wait a while to take it away again
Mine has a little bunny teddy she likes to cuddle up to. I let her cuddle it until she's just gone to sleep, then move it away from her. I've left it in her cot on daytime sleeps when I can sit with the monitor and check it, but never overnight.
I think its over one when it's not as dangerous to have things in their bed, but from my reading they recommend a clear bed for years (easier said than done when your little one cuddles a teddy to sleep).

It’s been 3 weeks since my baby’s blood test for allergies, pretty sure they’ve lost them as said 1-2 weeks. I also got a letter yesterday from the allergy clinic refusing the referral as they don’t deal with iGe reactions and I need to speak to the health visitor to be re-referred to the correct dept. I actually did that first when he had the reaction and was told to go to the gp for the referral.

I’ve spoken to two HVs, two GPs, and two doctors at a&e and not one of them has any idea what I should be doing as I’m now back at square one a month later. No wonder people I know have gone private but it’s £250 just for the consultation.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I was talking to my husband last night about weaning and realised I have absolutely no bloody idea 😂😂 I’m thinking I’ll do a mix of BLW and purées. When you first start, do you just do 1 vegetable per day? Is there somewhere which has an idiots guide to weaning as I feel like I need to read it 🤣
The Ella’s kitchen book is quite good. Mainly focused on purées rather than BLW but gives a good idea of what veg to introduce first etc. We followed this as was just under 6 months and now do a mixture but have mainly moved to finger foods as he enjoys feeding himself much more

• Heart
these are the Weaning Sense book I have borrowed from my local library - it was published in 2017 and seems a bit Australian/NZ in parts but seems like a decent guide?
TF has just torn the corner off the last page too 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ sh*t 🤣
IMG_1925.jpeg

Attachments

• Heart
With my daughter we just did BLW, but the idea of feeding her full meals was overwhelming at first so I started off with breakfast and she would just have what I had (toast, cereal, porridge, weetabix, fruit, yogurt etc) obviously being mindful to give eg full fat plain yogurt rather than sweetened ones. When we’d got to grips with that I then included her in our evening meal too, again making sure there wasn’t any added salt/things weren’t too spicy but provided it was served in finger like strips I just gave her the same we had. Didn’t really introduce lunch until she was actually properly eating (which she wasn’t properly eating until maybe 10-11 months)

• Heart

I've been reading this from the NHS guidance. I also signed up to Ella's kitchen and got the weaning pack with a chart. From what I can gather it's more taste & texture to start with rather than how much they're eating. I'm sure I've read somewhere savoury flavours first, but not sure where (so things like green beans, broccoli instead of parsnips, carrots). And to give allergens separately so if they react you know it's the allergen that's caused it.
Main thing I'm taking is not to follow all these crazy tik tok & Instagram weaning pages. Baby doesn't need lots of fancy foods, but a bit of what your having is absolutely fine.
Our plan is the same as yours, a mix of BLW & purees. I'm gonna buy a stick blender & make purees at home & basically cook veggies for our meals & put a bit to one side to puree for little one.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Man o man when are they gonna make babies that can talk from the get go so they can tell us what they want instead of just telling all the time 🥴 busting my ass trying to guess what’s up with this little madam.

• Heart
Also on the weaning, I’ve signed up for the weaning kit too but find a lot of it overwhelming! I want to do a mix of BLW and purées. I read that it takes them ten times to get used to a taste?

Random moan but does anyone find unless you go out you just waste a day? I fed her at 7ish then we both napped on the bed till 10 🥴 then if we’ve got nothing to do I find i don’t get dressed for ages and get stuck in a feeding/entertaining loop until she naps. Yesterday we had to go out at 10 and I was like a superhero.

• Heart
Also on the weaning, I’ve signed up for the weaning kit too but find a lot of it overwhelming! I want to do a mix of BLW and purées. I read that it takes them ten times to get used to a taste?

Random moan but does anyone find unless you go out you just waste a day? I fed her at 7ish then we both napped on the bed till 10 🥴 then if we’ve got nothing to do I find i don’t get dressed for ages and get stuck in a feeding/entertaining loop until she naps. Yesterday we had to go out at 10 and I was like a superhero.
Same! We were due to visit my parents today so would have been up and out by 10am, but they cancelled and now it's half 12 and baby bandit is snoozing on my chest and I'm still in my dressing gown 😅 to be fair, I guess it's good to have days like these to help us rest and build up the energy for the busier days - I've got MS and am really struggling with fatigue and leg aching/weakness at the moment so having a quiet day at home is just what I need before it all picks up again tomorrow! Enjoy the calm 😊

5 is at a holiday camp today so I thought I’d tidy and organise her wardrobe ahead of school starting again. I always just end up making way more mess instead. TF had a little shitfit and is now having a mega nap in the carrier which really limits what I can get done. 5 is going to come home and be like “what have you done to my room, you monster?!”

• Heart
Does anyone use the wonder weeks app? Apparently my baby is in leap 4 and oh man… I never normally take notice and don’t focus on it too much but wow I am done in

Does anyone use the wonder weeks app? Apparently my baby is in leap 4 and oh man… I never normally take notice and don’t focus on it too much but wow I am done in
Yes! We were half way through when I read the big that said many parents find it the hardest leap (which made me feel better)! Hang in there and sending positive thoughts and energy

@Ro98 Baby wotsit took his first normal sized bottle today!!!!! Pleassee let this be him coming outta this!!!

Just about tp turn 5 months... i keep seeing babies sitting unaided at this age. Baby wotsit is far from...... google says fine.... but of couse im questioning

• Heart
@Ro98 Baby wotsit took his first normal sized bottle today!!!!! Pleassee let this be him coming outta this!!!

Just about tp turn 5 months... i keep seeing babies sitting unaided at this age. Baby wotsit is far from...... google says fine.... but of couse im questioning
My first couldn’t until she was 6mos 6days. 5 mos to sit unaided is very early.

Honestly try not to worry. Babies don't read the rule book. My little one definitely hasn't. I had read that most babies roll from front to back first, not mine! Also my little is 4.5 months old & she definitely isn't anywhere near sitting unaided. She will sit up holding my hands & in a bumbo chair. I also sit her on the floor with me & tripod her, so she can build up her core strength, but she only does it for a few seconds.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.