• Still pregnant and reading ahead

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • I refuse to accept my baby is a child now

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • I just blew in from another thread for a look about

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s carry on…

as ever, this thread is for advice and support. If you’re looking for somewhere to make snippy or judgemental comments about other posters we are happy to signpost you to Mumsnet where you’re sure to fit right in xx

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Reluctantly ticking 6-9 months instead of 3-6 as I can't delude myself about baby lights any more ... no longer my skinny little newborn, he's mostly in 9-12 month clothes now 😭 😭 and he went out in 12-18 month socks today. What are they putting in the formula?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Can anyone advise on this?

Baby is 20 weeks and I’m still getting cramping, not period cramps as I’m BFing, is this normal? They’re quite painful, I don’t remember them at this stage from the first time round. They come and go but today they feel like very bad TOM cramping.

@Caledonianprincess following on from your reply on the last thread. Get a milk collector, Haaka do a ladybird or elvie do one, use it on the leaking boob while you pump. It doesn’t pump the breast, just collects the letdown so will help and you won’t get wet.
---
Can anyone advise on this?

Baby is 20 weeks and I’m still getting cramping, not period cramps as I’m BFing, is this normal? They’re quite painful, I don’t remember them at this stage from the first time round. They come and go but today they feel like very bad TOM cramping.
Is it all the time or around the time you’d usually get a period?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
@Caledonianprincess following on from your reply on the last thread. Get a milk collector, Haaka do a ladybird or elvie do one, use it on the leaking boob while you pump. It doesn’t pump the breast, just collects the letdown so will help and you won’t get wet.
---

I can vouch for the Haakaa ladybird! I have very leaky boobs and don’t want to increase my supply any more so just use them and the amount I’ve collected is crazy, 80ml just off one boob alone in 2 hours 😂 your baby could be getting gassy from having too much foremilk / high lactose milk (my baby gets the same sometimes as my boobs jsut feel rock hard) so I just express a bit off beforehand for the relief and to ensure he is getting more fatty milk! I know it’s not answering your q about stopping breastfeeding but those could be some alternatives to try And see if there’s any improvement?

Should i be worried that baby wotsit isnt rolling yet or particularly grabbing toys.... he seems to do it by accident.... he does push and grab toys when hes sat is bumbo type chair thing with a play table... but not really when laying on play mat...he was legs up on me the other day and it felt like he was trying to push against me and i thought he might roll abit but nope...hes 4 months tommorow

Should i be worried that baby wotsit isnt rolling yet or particularly grabbing toys.... he seems to do it by accident.... he does push and grab toys when hes sat is bumbo type chair thing with a play table... but not really when laying on play mat...he was legs up on me the other day and it felt like he was trying to push against me and i thought he might roll abit but nope...hes 4 months tommorow
I was convinced baby lights was going to roll immediately when he started leg slamming weeks (maybe even months) ago but he only started doing it consistently very recently (6months) even so only does it in one direction 😂 I read somewhere that you can encourage them to back to front rolling by holding/placing toys towards the top of their head, it means they look back and helps get into the position for rolling. I tried with baby lights and I don't think it necessarily got him rolling quicker but it helped me understand what movements he was trying to do.

Even if it doesn't work it's something new to try with him!

Actually it was a video will see if I can find it

4 months is early for them to be rolling 😊 that's when most start, but it's still classed as early

Baby boy did his first roll Friday and he’s 3.5 months but I was really shocked tbh. It was front to back and it did take him a little while, he was sort of rocking himself though during tummy time but managed to do it again yesterday. We have only been able to get better with tummy time in the last couple of weeks, until then we had been a bit crap with it due to his reflux issues! But all babies are different and learn at different ages so personally I don’t think you need to be concerned at all at this stage!! 🥰
---
Also ETA if he wasn’t laying on his front he wouldn’t have done it, and he’ll only be on his front by us putting him that way, he can’t roll back to front

• Heart
Reactions: 3
---

I normally feel it sporadically day to day but today it’s been almost all day. I’m not sure when my period would be due, do you know how I’d work that out? Is that a thing?

I’m at the very early stage of this: baby girl is 12 days and adorable. She’s been a fairly ‘easy’ baby so far but feeding is a challenge as she’s so snoozy she falls asleep feeding. I’ve had to top her up with formula/ expressed breast milk. I also have an infection from my section and a mad toddler and DH goes back to work Monday!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I normally feel it sporadically day to day but today it’s been almost all day. I’m not sure when my period would be due, do you know how I’d work that out? Is that a thing?
Have you had a period yet since birth? I use flo app to track my cycles, as my periods were all over the place before I had baby I was trying to track when I may or may not be ovulating

I have no idea, unless you’re checking hormone levels in your blood I can’t see how you would be able to tell. I was just wondering if it was around the same time each month it could be ovulation pain or your uterus contracting as if it was having a period. Someone else might have an idea but if it was me and was consistent every day I’d speak to a gp or hv.

Have you had a period yet since birth? I use flo app to track my cycles, as my periods were all over the place before I had baby I was trying to track when I may or may not be ovulating
Nope, no period, but I’m BFing so that’s quite normal. My periods were rather predictable at a 26 day cycle.
---
I have no idea, unless you’re checking hormone levels in your blood I can’t see how you would be able to tell. I was just wondering if it was around the same time each month it could be ovulation pain or your uterus contracting as if it was having a period. Someone else might have an idea but if it was me and was consistent every day I’d speak to a gp or hv.
Yes I’m going to text my HV tomorrow, thanks!

Reactions: 2
So I’ve moved up an age bracket (6 months already 😭😭😭😭)
And my husband has gone away for a week….
Pray for me with 3 in the school holidays 😂😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3
4 months is def early still!
we’re still not rolling here and turned 6ms on Friday, think it was around 3.5 that he did a roll to the side while doing tummy time, and has since done that a few times but still he can’t do it from while on his back

with toys we found he just didn’t care about some of them? He seems obsessed with any that are orange or yellow though

I really thought we would have a roll today though!!! I sat recording him for a good 10mins because I was so sure it would happen.. though for most of it he was just trying to shove his feet in his mouth lol.

Baby randomly woke up an hour after he was put down for bed which he’s never done and I’m panicking now that this could be the dreaded four mont sleep repression come a couple weeks early 🥲🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Baby 6.5 months ignores me when I call her or generally speak to her, usually she is doing something concentrating and doesn’t consistently answer to her name is this normal

Baby 6.5 months ignores me when I call her or generally speak to her, usually she is doing something concentrating and doesn’t consistently answer to her name is this normal
I would say so from my experience. Baby was born 22/01 so very similar age and I can’t be sure he doesn’t answer to his name or more the noise at that time. If you know what I mean, but equally I think it’s about 8 months they should answer to their name consistently xx

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.